Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 9. The Noblewomen’s Requests
927 8 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 9. The Noblewomen's Requests

After Angel left, Flare, who was already waiting for him outside the room, immediately greeted him. Both of them walked side by side as Angel raised his hand and waved backwards, ordering the guards not to follow them.
"As expected, he's already infiltrated with his troops along with your convoy. Looks like they'll be launching a full attack tomorrow," Flare gave him her report without further ado.

A smirk appeared on his lips since he had already predicted that his marriage would be the best bait to settle those three people.
"Which one?" he asked without stopping in his tracks.

"The Duke," replied Flare, whom she referred to as Duke Bartlet.

"Only him?" said Angel with a frown.

"Yes, Your Majesty. I've placed my spies among the servants where they stay," replied Flare.

Angel was silent deep in thought. He expected Ivetta to be with him along with Ilex and his troops. Even though Ivetta's plan was to snatch him from Rose, now, she could no longer use that plan since Angel and King Eudon already had clear evidence of her involvement. But he guessed it seemed Ivetta and Ilex chose to make their own movement, either because she didn't want to eat her own words or because she was too greedy and wanted to take the victory just for herself and Ilex.

"Should we attack them tonight, Your Majesty?" Flare's voice dispersed his thoughts.

"No, we will ambush them at the last second." He turned to Flare.
"At the royal blessing hall." He pointed out his point. Although the royal blessing hall was in the capital, it was located outside the castle since it was also used by commoners and nobles to pray. He also had another guess than the previous one. It could be that Duke Bartlet and his troops were just Ivetta and Ilex's bait to find out whether Angel had realized their plan or not. Meanwhile, Ivetta and Ilex waited for the last moment to either join Duke Bartlet or take advantage of this chaos.

"I understand, Your Majesty."

"How about the other side?" Of course, what he meant was King Eudon.

"According to Frost, The Earl is ready to attack him." This time what she meant was Earl Niall. Angel also expected this because Frost said he had captured Earl Niall's brother a few days ago, so Earl Niall would probably try to free him as well as try to kill King Eudon.

"Are there any signs that the lady and the Prince with him?" He meant Ivetta and Ilex. Both of them could have decided to attack King Eudon because they thought he was weaker. But judging from Ilex's character, he was most likely going straight to attack Angel. Rose was with him, so even if King Eudon died, according to the rules, it was Rose who would take over the throne and become the Queen of Zephyrus. Which meant killing King Eudon without killing Rose was pointless.

"No, Your Majesty."

"Keep an eye on them and make sure there are no civilians involved in tomorrow's battle," said Angel, closing his short discussion with Flare. At the same time, their steps stopped in front of his study room. The two guards at the front of the room bowed to greet him and he replied with a simple nod.

The guards opened the door for him and he was just about to enter but Flare stopped him.
"One more thing, Your Majesty."

Angel stopped and turned to Flare, waiting for her to say whatever it was.

Flare who had looked hesitant to say it finally opened her voice.
"When I was checking the city, several noblewomen asked me to convey their request to you. They requested an audience with you as soon as possible, Your Majesty. One of them is Lady Belle."

Angel frowned.
"It's unusual for you to give me this kind of report." It was also unusual for noblewomen to convey their request through Flare, but he guessed it was their desperate attempt.

Again, Flare seemed to hesitate to say it.
"They look heartbroken and sad, Your Majesty. So I feel bad if I don't convey it to you." This was the first time for Flare to receive a request like this. Even though she didn't want to tell Angel, she finally said it because she felt bad for the noblewomen even though she already knew the answer.

Angel took a deep breath since he had heard this from Chancellor Allan, that many noblewomen had requested an audience with him and they asked to meet him before his wedding. But Chancellor Allan rejected them all. With the reason that this marriage was based on Euphorion and Zephyrus' political interests, he could refuse their requests easily, even for his best friend, Duke Nicolin. And Duke Nicolin also couldn't say anything since as a king, Angel naturally had to put his Kingdom's interests first. But Lady Belle couldn't let him go.
"Tell them, I'll meet them next week," said Angel. He had to concentrate on his plans for tomorrow and the rebels might take advantage of the noblewomen's presence if he met them today. Besides, he already knew what they wanted to say.

"Very well, Your Majesty." Then Flare bowed.

After that answer, Angel entered the study room.

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Special thanks for July's Sugar Daddy: Darkone33

Patreon-members:
Jose Snow, Dennis Wiren, KjellTheViking, Charles, Sideshow, Edwin, JTOKING, Robert Mattison, DJOK DJOK, Croc, Enrique, Brian Tate, Francis Côté , Nemorus, lucas rodger, Sköll, tekdry25, Jeanpierre-Gabriel Ivanic, Jonathan Guedes, Iovac, Champion, banaantjexx164, Austinhym, Thomas Plé, Salim, Quentin Montoya, Mads Burckhardt Jensen, Adam, Armando López Marrero, IllusiveTaipan, Claude, AmigoImaginário, Baggas Agusta, Ddraig Wynn, Jeremy Hill, Daniel Zilberstein, BAGGAS FARIEL AGUSTA, Noah Perry,Rokatsa, Kyle Ricks, Rusted, joan corado, Ashlund mcconville, Mitanshu Pandya, jarian johnston, Chris, Majorana, Jonathan Flook, Dragon Empryean Shadowless, Nicholas Boyland, jon dumey, c d, Black, Rubra, (No name), BinRasas, Dillon Cowan, Daniel Hex, Julien Fellegara, TheManBrownie, Shane Town, Joseph, Yang God Translations, Great Yaso, Kyusen, Vizzy, Daniel Jaskulski, Fjiordor, TAHA, Matthew, Jeffrey Iverson, Mike Steger, deskent, Donovan Longnecker, Nelodyn, Christina Dammyr, Erox, DemoniicGhost, Yuuki Hitomi, Iftekhar Alam, Azekno, IndecisiveKing, nomeacaso88, Chance Bramlett, Bas van Schoubroeck, Eric Staind, Alvin Leung, William Rodriguez, Christopher Bidwell, Rui salvaterra,vLeon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Agideon, Gregor, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, LoneWolf, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Puggan Se, Daniel Cortez, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Grundy00, Riley, Eduardo, Od-Man, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Skyler Ting, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White, Trevor Martinez, Logan, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Tobias Alkblad, JTOKING, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Cameron Taylor, Sentinel, Russell Davidson, regenschabe, Casey E Maupin, Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Anthony Gauthier, Gregory Lamberta, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, TheBroilern, Loki388, Prognastat, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Jesus Hernandez, stalin see, Mynamejeff, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Tyler Potter, bloodbane 21, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, Locke039, Cragen, Dylan, Armod, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi,Grangel, Green3000, Shae D, Kyle, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, Belduim, Darth Melkor, MacZeuss, LORD SHAXX, Ynaxir, WiseRagnar, EL0C, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, and saganatsu

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to click ❤️

My Patreon-page 
My ko-fi page

My Discord

 


25