Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 12. Bloody Wedding III
820 4 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 12. Bloody Wedding III

Duke Bartlet was speechless. His eyes turned side to side, looking at the elite Euphorion troops who were on his sides. His feet stepped back in caution. He didn't expect his plan to fall apart in an instant like this even though he had planned it carefully. The rebels standing on both sides of the room also looked shocked and panicked since according to Duke Bartlet's plan, they should have won this battle easily. Meanwhile, Rose looked surprised. At first, she thought the rebels were hiding among the guests, but Angel did otherwise.

"Clean them up!" ordered Angel.

After that order, the Euphorion troops charged at the rebels. Likewise with Flare, who had the task of capturing Duke Bartlet alive. The sword clashing sounds accompanied by screams of pain came from all over the room. The room atmosphere that was once serene turned tense. The whole room was in a mess in an instant. Likewise with the decoration.

In the middle of the fight, Angel shifted his gaze to the blessing minister who sat in fear in front of the altar.
"Continue the ceremony," said Angel in a calm tone.

"Y-Yes, Y-Your Majesty," said the blessing minister as he tried to stand up. This was the first time he blessed a couple in the middle of the battlefield like this.

Amidst the chaos, Duke Bartlet swung his sword.
"Don't be afraid! Attack them!" he shouted, trying to encourage his troops. But what he said was in contrast to what he was doing, his feet stepped backwards, trying to escape from there. His ambush had failed and his subordinates' morale dropped after seeing the Euphorion soldiers. Even though they were trained troops, he could predict his defeat. Previously, he was so sure of his victory. That's why he dared to show himself. But who knew everything would fall apart in a snap?

As Duke Bartlet was not far from the exit, he turned and tried to open the door, but to no avail. He tried to kick the door to break through it, but an invisible power threw him.

Flare's voice came from behind him.
"It's useless, Duke Bartlet. Our magic users have covered this place with their Magic Barriers. No one can get out of here without His Majesty's permission."

Duke Bartlet turned to Flare who was ready to fight him. His hand gripped his sword tightly. He knew he had no other choice but to fight to the death since he couldn't escape from the windows on both sides of the room either due to the Magic Barrier.
"Do you think I'm scared?" he tried to bluff.

A smirk appeared on Flare's lips.
"You are," she replied in a mocking tone as she took her attack stance.

Hearing Flare's answer, Duke Bartlet's anger peaked since it disturbed his pride.
"How dare you look down on me!" Then he lunged to attack her.

In front of the altar, Angel and Rose stood facing the blessing minister. Their hands held each other. Even though Angel looked calm with the whole battle behind him, Rose looked restless. Occasionally, she glanced behind her, trying to take a glance at the battle. She knew that even though Duke Bartlet was a Duke, his fighting ability was equal to that of a General. That was why her uncle relied a lot on Duke Bartlet, because of his fighting ability and his position as a Duke. What she didn't know, Angel had created a barrier with his dark power around them. The barrier wasn't visible since instead of the usual barrier, Angel used a magic formation that was hidden under the carpet. So the barrier would activate automatically when someone tried to attack them.

"A-Angelus Raizel Moonfall, a-are you willing to accept Rose Ambrosia Heart to be your lawful wife?" said the blessing minister in a stammering voice. He decided to end this ceremony as soon as possible.

"I do," said Angel.

Hearing that word, Duke Bartlet shouted.
"Kill the Princess. Don't let them finish the ceremony!" he ordered. His sword brushed off Flare's two chakrams that launched at him. Since he couldn't run, at least he had to succeed in killing Rose and cancelling this marriage. That way, he hoped that another war between Euphorion and Zephyrus would start and the rest of his members could take advantage of that mess to destroy the two kingdoms. Either it was led by Earl Niall or Ivetta. Even though he didn't like Ivetta. Instead of giving victory to Angel and Rose, he would rather eat his own words and give them to Ivetta.

Some rebels advanced to attack Rose. She was about to dodge. But Angel gripped her hand tightly and didn't let her go.
"Don't worry. Just concentrate on the ceremony," he said in a calm tone since this was still in his anticipation.

And he was right, a barrier suddenly appeared in front of the rebels, preventing them from approaching the altar. Without wasting a chance, the Euphorion troops who were chasing them, swung their swords to kill the rebels.

One by one the rebel bodies fell, blood soaking the carpet and the floor. Rose could only freeze to see all of that. Her heart was beating fast. She was afraid of people who attacked her but more afraid of Angel. Yes... Afraid was the right word to show her admiration for him. His intelligence, his strategy to predict the rebel's plan and movement as if they were in the palm of his hand, scared her. And this, made her understand why Angel could conquer the three kingdoms quickly, including breaking through her kingdom's borders unnoticed.

Rose glanced at Claire and Cley, not even the slightest bit of fear on their faces since they were used to scenes like this. Well, they had bad pasts and had seen worse than this. Angel also had taught them many things, especially how to fight and protect themselves.

"Why did you stop? Continue the ceremony," Angel's voice turned Rose's attention back to the blessing minister who was stiff in fear in front of her.

"R-Rose Ambrosia Heart, a-are you willing to accept Angelus Raizel Moonfall b-become your legal husband?"

"I do," said Rose.

An arrow suddenly shot out from behind the couple. Reflexively, the blessing minister ducked down in fear. But like before, the barrier was blocking it.

The blessing minister opened his eyes in hesitation and froze for a while before continuing his words again.
"C-Couple may e-exchange rings, as a s-symbol of their love and their c-commitment to e-each other." He didn't even bother to stand up anymore since he didn't have the strength to do so.

Claire and Clay approached Angel and Rose from their sides. He took the ring from the box and put it on Rose's finger. Vice versa, Rose took the ring from the box and put it on Angel's finger.

At the same time, feeling time was running out, Duke Bartlet fled from the battle in front of him and charged to the altar. During his battle with Flare, he realized where the magic formation was.
"All of you, kill the princess! I've found where the barrier is!" he ordered.

28