Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 17. Royal Couple IV
819 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 17. Royal Couple IV

Several hours had passed after the attack on the blessing hall, all the rebel bodies had been evacuated and the injured soldiers had returned to the castle for treatment. Some of them cleaned up the blood and the mess from the previous battle to cover the remnants and others joined with the other guards to check and make sure the whole area was safe. The guards scattered throughout the capital to make sure there were no other rebel members left.

Meanwhile, Angel and Rose who had signed their marriage agreement changed into lighter clothes and finished their lunch. Despite so many questions running through Rose's head, there wasn't much they could talk about since she knew it wasn't the right place and time to ask about Angel's past. So she decided to save the question for tonight or maybe tomorrow since she was sure today would be a tiring day for both of them. Well, they would be staying in the same room after this, so there was nothing to rush about.

They had just finished their lunch when the knocking sounds came and Flare entered the room. As Flare bowed, Angel waved his hand backwards, ordering everyone in the room to leave, of course, except for Rose and Flare.

As soon as the door closed, Flare quickly told her report.
"We have carried out all your orders, Your Majesty. Everything is 'clean' according to your wishes."

Angel smiled contentedly.
"Very well. Are there any rebel members left? Or maybe spies from the Prince?" Ivetta and Ilex might not have joined the attack, but he guessed they were putting their spies on Duke Bartlet.

"We've managed to catch some suspicious people around the Blessing Hall but we haven't been able to identify them yet."

"I will leave this investigation to you," said Angel. After Flare answered him with a bow, Angel spoke again.
"How about tonight's party preparations?"

"Everything is ready, Your Majesty," replied Flare.

Rose grasped what was going to happen at tonight's party and decided to ask him even though she knew she wouldn't be able to do much.
"Your Majesty---"

"Angel," he interrupted her. Angel turned to her.
"We are husband and wife. You should call me by my name," he reminded her.

"Ah... Of course." A trace of panic sounded in her tone. Even though that request was a normal one, it made her a little awkward.
"Angel, are they going to attack us at the party tonight?"

"I'm not sure. But maybe," said Angel. But since he didn't detect any major attacks like before and the castle guard was tight, then it went down on the single possibility, assassination. Moreover, killing with poison was not possible for Angel and Rose.
"I haven't received any reports of this, but maybe 'they' will send some assassins as our wedding gifts."

"You mean Earl Niall and Ivetta?" guessed Rose.

"It's Ilex and Ivetta. Frost should have gotten Earl Niall's head by now," Angel said casually.

Hearing his words, Rose gasped since she remembered Frost was in Zephyrus. Which meant Earl Niall was targeting her uncle.
"Are you sure General Frost got it? How is my uncle now?" she said in worry. She even leaned her body towards him, showing how serious she was.

Angel let out a short faint chuckle upon her reaction.
"I'm surprised you're still worried about your uncle even though he sold you to me to maintain his family's power," he said straight to the point. Although he didn't deny it was beneficial for both kingdoms, he could remember how King Eudon had given him this contract marriage suggestion without hesitation.

"I know he did it because there was no other way." Her voice sounded gloomy. Rose was royalty, and like other royalty members, she was very proud of her family, so Angel's words disturbed her pride. Still... Although those words sounded bitter to her ears, what Angel said was true. But she knew how her uncle's position was and she knew how bad Zephyrus' aristocracy was. This was why she agreed to her engagement with Artheur in the first place.

"Don't worry. He should be fine," Angel said casually. He had already ordered Frost to prepare a double for King Eudon. But he still wanted to ensure King Eudon's safety.

"I will trust everything to you," said Rose in resignation. Even though she wanted to do something, there was nothing she could do right now but leave everything to Angel.

"Since everything is going well, you should take a rest and prepare yourself for tonight. Also, I hope you don't mind letting Flare accompany you. I have something important to do," said Angel, closing their conversation and standing up from his seat. He needed to make sure Rose's safety.

Rose also stood up from her seat.
"Does that have anything to do with the rebels? Let me help you," she felt bad since Angel was doing everything himself.

"I can't let you come with me. I want to meet an important informant and he must remain a secret," said Angel. Actually, he wanted to teleport to Zephyrus to make sure King Eudon and Zephyrus' condition, so he couldn't let Rose come along.

Angel's words reminded her of Rai. So she guessed maybe Angel wanted to meet one of his secret elite soldiers.
"Fine..." said Rose with a heavy heart. She remembered even Rai refused to take off his mask when he slept.

Then he turned to Flare.
"I will entrust her safety to you."

"Yes, Your Majesty," said Flare.

After Rose and Flare bowed to him, he left.

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

My Patreon-page
My ko-fi page

My Discord

Patreon-members:

Demon, Miles Bailey, Jacob Richter, Andrew Poe-Bowdren, Lucciano Correa, Xentuu, chantanou, The Flying Ace, Klawski, KingofSloth, Keith, Damz, Michael Dumont, Sosa21, placid, Karl Zebadiah Tejada Cruz, Michael Sewill, Christopher Tello, Gavin Childress, Russell Estee, Felisberto Viano, Brendan Huynh, John H, HornyOranges, Sam, Jachin Nelson, Tri, Croc, DJOK DJOK, Robert Mattison, Sideshow, Charles, KjellTheViking, Dennis Wiren, Daniel Zilberstein, Jeremy Hill, Ddraig Wynn, AmigoImaginário, Claude, IllusiveTaipan, Adam, Quentin Montoya, Thomas Plé, Austinhym, Champion, banaantjexx164, Iovac, Sköll, lucas rodger, Brian Tate, jarian johnston, Arjuna666, joan corado, Kyle Ricks, Rokatsa, Dragon Empryean Shadowless, jon dumey, c d, Black, Mitanshu Pandya, Rubra, (No name), Dillon Cowan, Daniel Hex, TheManBrownie, Joseph, Argento, Kyusen, Vizzy
L, Daniel Jaskulski, Fjiordor, Matthew, Jeffrey Iverson, Mike Steger, deskent, Donovan Longnecker, Nelodyn, Christina Dammyr, Noah Perry, Erox, DemoniicGhost, Yuuki Hitomi, Iftekhar Alam, Azekno, IndecisiveKing, nomeacaso88, Chance Bramlett, Bas van Schoubroeck, Eric Staind, William Rodriguez, Christopher Bidwell, Rui salvaterra, Leon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Agideon, Gregory, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, LoneWolf, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Puggan Se, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Grundy00, Riley, Eduardo, Od-Man, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, Hybris, Stephen White, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Tobias Alkblad, JTOKING, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Sentinel, Darkone33, Russell Davidson, regenschabe, Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Anthony Gauthier, Gregory Lamberta, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, Joshyxz.,TheBroilern, Prognastat, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Jesus Hernandez, Mynamejeff, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Tyler Potter, bloodbane 21, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, Locke039, Dylan, Armod, Joe G, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, Kyle, Ser, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, reaper, Haarderade, Belduim, Darth Melkor, Jonathan Flook, MacZeuss, LORD SHAXX, WiseRagnar, EL0C, Cody Givan, Fullmoon and saganatsu.

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to click ❤️


24