Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 21. The Wedding Celebration III
781 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 21. The Wedding Celebration III

Meanwhile, the White Moon Castle's main hall was already filled with other nobles. They were Euphorion's nobles from Marquess to Baron rank or the wives and children of the nobles who were having dinner with the king in the dining hall.

The atmosphere was very vibrant, all guests chatted around one another accompanied by music in celebration. Some tables filled with delicious food were neatly lined up. Likewise, sweets and cakes were arranged beautifully on the cake tier stands. All of them were made from the finest quality ingredients.

Just like in Luminus City, the conversation in that hall was dominated by their king's victory over three kingdoms. But what distinguished their conversation with the commoners was the topic about Angel's war strategy, the amount of compensation that Euphorion got after the war, how Angel could make other kings surrender to him, Angel's future plan for Pearl Gate City, also the benefits of this political marriage. Their faces looked happy and excited. Sometimes their laughter and jokes came out of their mouths, especially about how stupidly 'Asteria gave Euphorion a rare diamond five years ago' which they referred to Angel.

But that topic of conversation was dominated by noblemen. While noblewomen, especially those who were not married, looked unhappy and gloomy throughout the party. Many of them gathered in a corner of the hall or on the quieter side of the hall and whispered to one another, venting their discontent and disappointment.

A few months ago they still had a chance to marry the king and become the first woman in his life. Their way was even wide open after Chancellor Allan put their names on the Queen candidates list and arranged a schedule for them to meet the king. That way they could meet the king in person and chat with him to get his attention, but that opportunity suddenly disappeared. On the sidelines, they were so happy that Angel had succeeded in conquering other kingdoms and returned unscathed, even one of them was the kingdom of Asteria.

Although Angel had said that Rose's status as a concubine, it didn't mean she couldn't be a Queen. Besides that Rose was a royalty not a commoner where nobles could oppress her easily and this was a political marriage that would bring benefits to the two kingdoms. The only bad thing that stained this marriage was Rose's status as a political prisoner. But no one could use that status to bring down Rose since Angel had already announced this marriage was his idea.

"I'm sure that woman must have seduced His Majesty so she can maintain her family's authority over Zephyrus," said one of the noblewomen. She kept her voice low since she knew she shouldn't be saying this recklessly.

"I also think the same as you. This is indeed a political marriage, but isn't the Heart family the weakest royal family? Of course, she has to seek the other royal family's protection to maintain her family's position," another noblewoman replied sarcastically.

"The Heart family is indeed the weakest, but it was their poison that destroyed Pearl Gate City. I bet the king married her, just because he wanted to get the poison and ensure Euphorion's safety."

"And don't forget. The Heart Family has good medical ability," added another.

"Either way, I'm sure His Majesty didn't marry her out of love. It's pure politics. He sacrificed his personal life for Euphorion."

"I agree." After that, their conversation stopped when a beautiful noblewoman walked by them towards one of the seats nearby. Even though she was wearing an expensive and beautiful dress, her face was gloomy. Their eyes shifted to her before they turned to their friends and shook their heads from side to side.
"I never think she's coming," whispered one of the noblewomen to the others after Lady Belle had walked away from them.

"It's the king's wedding and his victory's celebration. She has to come," whispered another. Not only because this was an important event, but they came because this was an opportunity so they could observe the royal couple as well as this marriage. However, as long as Angel hadn't chosen his queen, the opportunity would always be there.

"What a poor girl. She has just turned twenty-one and has been in love with His Majesty for a long time, yet her love must end on her birthday." The incident happened about a month ago, not long after Angel managed to conquer Zephyrus. It was a fancy birthday party. Almost all noblewomen were invited since Lady Belle was so excited and happy. Because of this, she was mature enough to be on the Queen candidate list. With her family influence, status and her closeness to Angel, she was sure that Angel would choose her. Although she still remembered Angel's cold attitude at the new year's celebration, it didn't matter to her. They could do political marriage since her status supported it. And as long as there was a chance to be with Angel, Lady Belle was sure she would be able to melt the ice in his heart. But what she heard on her birthday broke her heart. It was the news of Angel's victory over Zephyrus and his decision to marry Rose.

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

Patreon-members:

Rand, Erik, Barney, Nicholas Boyland, Boklau, Demon, Miles Bailey, Jacob Richter, Andrew Poe-Bowdren, Lucciano Correa, Xentuu, chantanou, The Flying Ace, Klawski, KingofSloth, Keith, Damz, Michael Dumont, Sosa21, placid, Karl Zebadiah Tejada Cruz, Michael Sewill, Christopher Tello, Gavin Childress, Russell Estee, Felisberto Viano, Brendan Huynh, John H, HornyOranges, Sam, Jachin Nelson, Tri, Croc, DJOK DJOK, Robert Mattison, Sideshow, Charles, KjellTheViking, Dennis Wiren, Daniel Zilberstein, Jeremy Hill, Ddraig Wynn, AmigoImaginário, Claude, IllusiveTaipan, Adam, Quentin Montoya, Thomas Plé, Austinhym, Champion, banaantjexx164, Iovac, Sköll, lucas rodger, Brian Tate, jarian johnston, Arjuna666, joan corado, Kyle Ricks, Rokatsa, Dragon Empryean Shadowless, jon dumey, c d, Black, Mitanshu Pandya, Rubra, (No name), Dillon Cowan, Daniel Hex, TheManBrownie, Joseph, Argento, Kyusen, Vizzy L, Daniel Jaskulski, Fjiordor, Matthew, Jeffrey Iverson, Mike Steger, deskent, Donovan Longnecker, Nelodyn, Christina Dammyr, Noah Perry, Erox, DemoniicGhost, Yuuki Hitomi, Iftekhar Alam, Azekno, IndecisiveKing, nomeacaso88, Chance Bramlett, Bas van Schoubroeck, Eric Staind, William Rodriguez, Christopher Bidwell, Rui salvaterra, Leon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Agideon, Gregory, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, LoneWolf, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Puggan Se, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Grundy00, Riley, Eduardo, Od-Man, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, Hybris, Stephen White, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Tobias Alkblad, JTOKING, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Sentinel, Darkone33, Russell Davidson, regenschabe, Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Anthony Gauthier, Gregory Lamberta, Eddy Yeung, Anita Torres, Joshyxz.,TheBroilern, Prognastat, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Jesus Hernandez, Mynamejeff, Jordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Tyler Potter, bloodbane 21, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, Locke039, Dylan, Armod, Joe G, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Ray Brown, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Green3000, Kyle, Ser, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, reaper, Haarderade, Belduim, Darth Melkor, Jonathan Flook, MacZeuss, LORD SHAXX, WiseRagnar, EL0C, Cody Givan, Fullmoon and saganatsu.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️


19