Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 23. The Wedding Celebration V.
747 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 23. The Wedding Celebration V.

A smile appeared on Lady Belle's lips.
"Thank you," she took the plate from Claire's hand and gestured to them to sit near her. Lady Belle's heart pounded in anticipation of the twins' every word.

The twins sat by her side. But instead of conveying His Majesty's message as Lady Belle thought, Claire said something else.
"Please try the cakes, My Lady," she said.

"Oh, of course," replied Lady Belle. She cut the cake a bit and put it in her mouth. Instead of enjoying the taste, her concentration was on other things. Her eyes caught the twins who looked around and took two glasses of champagne for themselves.

Realizing Lady Belle was watching them, Cley asked.
"Is something wrong, My Lady? Would you like a drink?" he asked. He was about to call a servant for another glass of champagne but Lady Belle stopped him.

"No. It's fine," she said quickly.

"Are the cakes not to your taste, My Lady?" Claire asked. A trace of concern was in the tone of her voice.

"The cakes are delicious," said Lady Belle. She guessed the twins couldn't tell her since that place was too crowded but she was very curious and couldn't afford to wait until the party was over.

"Then is there anything you need?" said Cley in the same tone as Claire.

Lady Belle's gaze shifted from Cley and Claire in hesitation before sweeping her gaze around her surroundings, especially watching the noblewomen who occasionally glanced at her. At least she wanted to make sure of her surroundings before she turned her gaze to them again and asked.
"It's unusual for both of you to come to me. Did His Majesty ask you to tell me something?" she said in a low voice. Her anxiety took over her heart and mind, she wanted to know why they came immediately.

Cley and Claire exchanged glances with a frown before returning their gazes to Lady Belle again.
"There's no message from His Majesty, My Lady," Cley said.

"I think you misunderstood us, My Lady. We came to you because we noticed you were a little pale. This has nothing to do with The King," Claire explained.

This time it was Lady Belle who frowned.
"Really?" she said in disbelief. She had a hard time accepting the fact that Angel didn't want to say anything.
"Then did he say something for next week's meeting? Like a private meeting or something?" Lady Belle made a wild guess. Angel could have asked them just to convey it so he could speak directly to her.

Cley and Claire shook their heads from side to side.
"His Majesty didn't say anything about it." Angel actually intended to invite Rose to join the meeting, but due to respect for the noblewomen, he decided to meet them accompanied by Cley and Chancellor Allan. Yes, rather than the heart-to-heart talk, Angel decided to take the conversation as a political talk. The talk that explaining his marriage would bring tremendous benefits to the two kingdoms. This definitely would make him look like a cold, heartless man, but it didn't matter to him. He had a good reason for it and he would exploit it without any hesitation. After all, sentimental talk, especially those related to feelings, could only increase the noblewomen's displeasure either to Rose or him.

"So... You two came just because you saw me pale?" Lady Belle clarified. There was an undeniable disappointment in her, but she couldn't say it since it was her own fault.

"Yes, His Majesty wanted to make sure today's event went smoothly. Since we saw you were pale, we decided to make sure you were fine," Claire explained. The truth was they came because it was Angel who ordered them to look after Lady Belle. Angel knew his marriage would hit her hard. Coupled with the noblewomen's murmur, Angel was worried that Lady Belle would have a mental breakdown and ruin the party. Although it looked simple, it could embarrass Euphorion in front of the rest of the other kingdoms' delegations and endanger the other guests as well as him and Rose. The assassins could have used the incident as an opportunity to attack the royal couple and the guests so the twins were given the task of making sure Lady Belle was in a stable state. Not only that, but they also had to make sure the assassins didn't approach Lady Belle.

With an unstable emotional state, the assassins could influence Lady Belle easily so Angel didn't want to take the risk that could destroy his good relationship with Duke Nicolin. Therefore, it could be said that Angel prepared this entire party carefully. He didn't miss a single detail, even thinking about the possibility of the assassin using the heartbroken noblewomen to throw the party into chaos. And the twins couldn't deny, they were quite frightened by his anticipation.

Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

Patreon-members:

Fuzzygoat, Corey, joe stone, AcrimoniousIntelligence, Johannes Franz Braitenthaller, Calvin Watson, Maxime AYOUB-ROUAN, EsZeus, Nathan, Quinlan Somdahl-sands, Orangefruit, Bam 25, Kotillion, Zachary Michael Phillip Clark, Erik, Boklau, Barney, KingofSloth, Lucciano Correa, Andrew Poe-Bowdren, Jacob Richter, Miles Bailey, Demon, Keith, Sosa21, placid, Michael Sewill, Christopher Tello, Russell Estee, Felisberto Viano, Sam, Croc, DJOK DJOK, Robert Mattison,Charles, KjellTheViking, Dennis Wiren, Daniel Zilberstein, Jeremy Hill, Ddraig Wynn, AmigoImaginário, Claude, Adam, Quentin Montoya, Thomas Plé, Austinhym, Champion, banaantjexx164, Iovac, Sköll, lucas rodger, jarian johnston, Arjuna666, joan corado, Kyle Ricks, Rokatsa, Dragon Empryean Shadowless, Nicholas Boyland, jon dumey, c d, Black, Mitanshu Pandya, (No name), Dillon Cowan, TheManBrownie, Joseph, Argento, Kyusen, Daniel Jaskulski, Fjiordor, Matthew, Jeffrey Iverson, Mike Steger, deskent, Donovan Longnecker, Nelodyn, Christina Dammyr, Erox, Azekno, IndecisiveKing, Bas van Schoubroeck, Rui salvaterra, Leon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Agideon, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Puggan Se, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Grundy00, Riley, Eduardo, Od-Man, Andrew Desmond, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Tobias Alkblad, JTOKING, Fluffypoochi, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Sentinel, Darkone33, Russell Davidson, regenschabe, Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87, Torrinth, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Red Phoenix, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Anthony Gauthier, Gregory Lamberta, Majorana, Anita Torres, Joshyxz, TheBroilern, Prognastat, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, dfektz, Chuy789, Mynamejeff,vJordan thompson, vokal dwayne, Tyler Potter, bloodbane 21, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, Dylan, Armod, Dylan Hatch, Joe G, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Dave Arkad Caraqui-an, rusty lewis, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Kyle, Ser, Freddie, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, Haarderade, Belduim, Darth Melkor, Jonathan Flook, MacZeuss, WiseRagnar, EL0C, Cody Givan, BlindTactic and saganatsu.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️


18