Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 39. Scars of The Past I
796 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 39. Scars of The Past I

Morning sunlight woke Rose from her sleep. As her eyes slowly opened and her sight became clearer, she paused for a moment, looking at the ceiling she didn't recognize, reminding herself that she had been married yesterday. That fact quickly made her think of her inappropriate dress and Angel who was sleeping beside her. Reflexively, she groped her body, making sure she was still wearing her clothes and the blanket was still covering her before she turned to her side. But she didn't find Angel, only a wrinkled bed sheet and blanket.

'Is the morning that late?' she thought. The royal couple usually had a different schedule than their usual routine. Mostly they would spend their time in the chamber or socializing with other kingdom delegates during the first week. The reason? Of course, so that they could have children sooner. Especially for the king's first marriage. And their first activity in the morning was to have breakfast with the other delegates. So it was weird if Angel left her without a word.

A faint noise startled her. She sat down on the bed in caution with her eyes focused on the origin of the sound. Her sight caught Angel who came out of the bathroom. In that instant, her eyes widened and his heart was beating fast since he was only wearing his trousers. Even though she was used to seeing someone's naked body since she was a doctor, after what happened yesterday and his confession, she couldn't see Angel the same as her patient anymore.

Meanwhile, since Angel was lost in his thoughts he didn't notice Rose was awake. So rather than wearing his uniform that the maids just delivered early in the morning, he took a sheet from the coffee table and read it. It was his schedule. Even though his schedule was filled with meetings with other royal delegates and his quality time with Rose, he decided to use the remaining time to do his work as usual. His victory over the three kingdoms meant not only getting new territories but also more new works and reports.

Rose looked at him from a distance and quickly realized that his back was covered in scars. It was too obvious since she could see it from a distance like this. She remembered when she treated him five years ago, his scars weren't that bad. So she could only guess he got it five years ago when Ilex executed him. After all, Ilex hated him. But clear scars from a distance like this weren't from ordinary wounds.

Driven by her curiosity, Rose got out of bed and approached Angel. Her eyes fell on Angel's back. Once she was near him, she extended her hand to touch his back.

Sensing a movement behind him, Angel reflexively turned around in shock. His chamber was supposed to be the safest place for him, so he didn't expect an intruder could enter without activating the trap magic formations. In one swift movement, his hand, which was already filled with his dark aura was already on Rose's neck, ready to strangle her.

As their eyes met, Rose gasped in shock and so did he.
"F-Forgive me. I didn't mean to surprise you," said Rose in a stammering voice. Even though it was only for a moment she could feel his killing intent. Her heart was beating fast.

Angel lowered his hand.
"I'm the one who has to apologize. I didn't know you were awake."

Rose had just opened her mouth to ask about the scars on his back, but before she could say a word, she realized another big scar on his left chest. She extended her hand and touched that scar slowly. Just from her touch, she could tell how bad the wound was and what weapon caused it. She knew rather than an ordinary knife or sword, it was caused by a broken sword. That wound was a painful one. It was deep but not fatal enough to kill him in an instant. Still, it enough to cause massive bleeding in his lungs and heart. He should be dead.  No one could treat that kind of wound other than her and her uncle. She even couldn't guarantee the patient's survival.
"Impossible..." she muttered.

Without permission, she walked towards his back. This time her eyes fell on the scars on it. Her hand touched it, feeling how deep the scars were. She soon realized those were lash wounds and according to what Angel had said last night, they used a special whip to punish him. The whip not only gave him bruises but deep wounds that were enough to kill him. She also realized the red scars covering his back were caused by The Whitedevil Rose. Which meant... He should be dead for sure... There was no way a human could live after being so badly injured. Was what he said last night true? Or was he an intelligent undead? But one for sure… She knew he wasn't an ordinary human.

"Angel... What are you?" she muttered in a trembling voice.

Dun forget to check out my Patreon and vote~

My Patreon-page 

My ko-fi page

My Discord

Patreon-members:

Ameko Hekisui, Bunny, SquiddlyWinks, Lesego Rakgwale, Phoe, Bud, HYPNOtic, Batts, Trenton Stoker, Albin Strandberg, Gaming Guru God, Don Norly, rahman ali, Rand, Dragonslayer, quiscon, AzureLotus, CJ42, Lokain, Robert Byrd, Andrew Glazner, Kurko95, Riley, Petro, hamza noor, David, englishmuffins10, Denver Cortez, Bonomono258, hamza noor, Matt Pieper, Daniel Morrison, Freddie, IndecisiveKing, Viviane Miranda, Crysania Dante, Alex, kriS, Christopher Bidwell, joan corado, Gald Eius, SubJef, Leo Guaymàs, Brandon Potter, roza Samsu I , Bud, Miami, Tawwab Rahimi, lucas brion, Joseph, RexDeMachina, Kyle Markman, Tom S, Cry DeVillian, Austin Roberts, Ralph, Chris Wenndt, Glaistig Uaine, llaur-p, Marco Belina, First Name Last Name, Fuzzygoat, AcrimoniousIntelligence, Calvin Watson, Maxime AYOUB-ROUAN, Quinlan Somdahl-sands, Orangefruit, Bam 25, Erik, Boklau, Barney, Lucciano Correa, Andrew Poe-Bowdren, Jacob Richter, Miles Bailey, Demon, Keith, Sosa21, placid, Michael Sewill, Christopher Tello, Felisberto Viano, Jachin Nelson, DJOK DJOK, Robert Mattison, Charles, Dennis Wiren, Daniel Zilberstein, Jeremy Hill, Ddraig Wynn, AmigoImaginário, Claude, Adam, Quentin Montoya, Thomas Plé, Austinhym, Champion, banaantjexx164, lucas rodger, jarian johnston, Arjuna666, Kyle Ricks, Rokatsa, Dragon Empryean Shadowless, jon dumey, c d, Black, Rubra, (No name), Dillon Cowan, Kyusen, Daniel Jaskulski, Fjiordor, Matthew, Jeffrey Iverson, deskent, Donovan Longnecker, Nelodyn, Christina Dammyr, Erox, DemoniicGhost, Iftekhar Alam, Azekno, Bas van Schoubroeck, Rui salvaterra, Leon Zhu, D. T. Macemore, Agideon, Smudi Corp, EESDESESESRDT, Zuyao Wu, Jonathan Lamontagne, Alberto Escalera, Didrik Sagafos, Puggan Se, Robert Pospisil, Yuffievalor, Grundy00, Riley, Od-Man, Andrew Desmond, Rikashi Shiarimoto, Thevasenan Thevanesan, unknown, CopeyDunt, Hybris, Stephen White, shawn plumley, colin love, Draxisaur4, Bathtub 20, JTOKING, Ethan Johnson, Russ Ah, merc8, Darkone33, Russell Davidson, regenschabe, Pedro Sousa, Bodybags87, Drabone, Lorenzo Ledezma, Deathgodly, Ascal, Schneedrache, Zero_deaths, Anthony Gauthier, Gregory Lamberta, Anita Torres, Joshyxz., TheBroilern, Prognastat, James Cullen, Drunk Drag, Chuy789, Mynamejeff, vokal dwayne, Tyler Potter, bloodbane 21, Thomas Anderson, Stormrall, Ignacio Azpíroz del Cuvillo, Jake Briese, Gabriel, BloodDragon, Cragen, Armod, Joe G, Jonathan Bromilow, ghost750x, Tamashii, Horst Reicht, Sleay, Jacob Weidner, Mark-A, Maian, _Sup, Jay96, Thomas Anderson, Bärtsi, Grangel, Kyle, Ser, Meanderaway, Acedia, Tanuki, FlameKingPJm -Gaming and more, Belduim, Darth Melkor, Jonathan Flook, MacZeuss, WiseRagnar, EL0C, Cody Givan, BlindTactic and saganatsu.

Thank you for reading!


15