Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 42. The First Morning I
642 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 42. The First Morning I

After that, Angel came out of his chamber and rushed to his study room. As he stepped, he could feel the guards and servants looked at him with different gazes. But he paid no heed to them and kept going.

Their eyes looked at him full of curiosity about what happened last night, the king's first night and shy smiles on their faces. Although his cold expression did not change, this was the first time Angel was late for a meeting. Also, this was the first time he had come out of his room in a messy uniform. He even didn't use his blazer properly which showed he was in a hurry.

Previously, some servants caught a strange noise from inside the chamber when they were about to call him. It even made them wait a while before they dared to do it. They never thought the princess of Zephyrus could seduce their king until he didn't want to leave her nor his chamber.

"Your Majesty," the guards in front of his study room bowed and greeted him before they opened the door for him. To which he replied with a simple nod.

"Tell me your report," he said without further ado as soon as he entered his study room. His legs continued to move towards his desk.

Cley and Flare bowed to greet him. Still, they quickly caught Angel's usual appearance. Flare frowned in confusion. While Cley held back his smile since he thought Claire and Chancellor Allan's plan had worked.

"I want to report about yesterday's incident and the city's security," said Flare. Her gaze followed Angel who walked past them.

He put his sword on the desk and sat in his chair. His hands were on his chair handles.
"Go ahead," he said.

"I've confirmed our security and annihilated all the assassins, also have checked some suspicious people and released some of them. Some are still under investigation. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything else related to Prince Ilex and Lady Ivetta's plans," said Flare.

"What about that assassin's mercenary group?" asked Angel.

Flare shook her head slowly in apology.
"It's an underground mercenary group. We don't have much information about them. The only information I know of is that all of them are well trained. Nobles and wealthy merchants often use their services to do dirty work."

"Find out more about them and arrange a meeting for me," he ordered. That group was a potential threat to Euphorion so he wanted to know more about it. If necessary, he wanted them to work for him, but that of course depended on their loyalty.

"You want to meet them?" Flare repeated to make sure. If Angel wanted to destroy that group, he only needed to give orders, not meet them.

"Yes. But not as a king. Just tell them I'm a wealthy merchant and I need them to do the dirty work," he explained.

"I understand, Your Majesty," replied Flare.

He turned to Cley who was holding back his smile.
"Then what do you want to report?"

Cley's smile disappeared.
"Oh, not much. I just wanted to give this." He gave some documents to Angel.

He accepted it and read it. His eyes scanned the name on the list for a moment before he turned to the second sheet with a frown. That was the noblewomen list who asked an audience with him. The problem was it should not be this much. He returned his gaze to Cley.
"This much?" he asked.

Cley nodded.
"I think some of them request it out of curiosity. Because they want to know how much their chance is for 'that position'," said Cley boldly. Of course, he meant the Queen position. Although the noblewomen didn't say it directly, Cley overheard their conversation.

Angel sighed.
"I see... Then let them come. I'll give them all the explanations they need," he said. He knew almost all women were aiming for this position after he became a king and his marriage triggered them to act bolder than before.
"Is there anything you want to report again?" he asked.

"Chancellor Allan also requested an audience with you this afternoon," Cley added.

"Let him come," he replied.

"Then I have nothing more to report, Your Majesty." Cley closed his report.

"Very well. Call me when the breakfast is ready. You may leave," said Angel, ending their conversation and starting to take some documents and get to work.

While both of them bowed and left.

21