Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 45. Where’s The Blood II
603 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 45. Where's The Blood II

"You don't have to remind me. I'm fully aware of it. Instead of that, I want to ask you why you did it? I don't like you interfering in my personal affairs." Angel decided to give him a warning about last night. Though... It was not a bad thing either. Still, it bothered him quite a bit. Moreover, the awkwardness was too overbearing despite him trying to stay calm. And the temptation was a foreign thing for him. He had never felt like that before.

"What do you mean, Your Majesty?" Chancellor Allan said in a calm tone, pretending not to understand what he meant.

While Cley and Claire put on their innocent faces. Their hands moved to tidy up or scratch their pens into the document.

"You already know what I mean," said Angel again.

"Pardon me, but I don't know what you mean," Chancellor Allan said with the same expression.

"The dress." Angel pointed his mean without further ado.

"It's Euphorion's tradition, Your Majesty. We've never recorded this in a book since it's just a trivial matter. Besides, the previous kings never complained about this."

As he expected, Chancellor Allan avoided it easily since it was a trivial thing. After all, which husband would complain about his wife's sexy clothes for their first wedding night, even if that wedding was based on political interests.

"Then what about the wardrobe?" He decided to ask about it.

"As the note said. We just want to move Her Highness' dresses as fast as possible," Chancellor Allan replied calmly.

"Why now? You can do it another time," he pointed out what he meant.

"Yes. But the castle will be very busy later. Now, the maids and servants are only serving the guests and delegates. Later, they have to tidy up the rest of the party and the guests' rooms. Clean the castle. Not to mention dozens of bedsheets that must be replaced and washed," Chancellor Allan reminded him. He had prepared this excuse since he knew Angel would ask him this. It was an easy thing for him since this was related to the castle and it was a normal procedure.

Angel's eyes fell on Chancellor Allan. This was the first time he lost at his words since what Chancellor Allan said was right. After all, it was a normal thing, so his complaint was invalid in the first place.

Meanwhile, Chancellor Allan suppressed his smile desperately. Likewise with Claire and Cley. It was their first time seeing Angel like this. It made him look more human than usual.

"Do you need to push me that far?" Finally, Angel spoke up. He knew this was all Chancellor Allan's plan but he did everything according to procedure and based on clear logic.

Again, Chancellor Allan bent his head politely.

"I don't understand what you mean, Your Majesty. We're just doing our job." Even though he knew Angel did not hesitate to kill his opponents or smear his hands with the blood of those who betrayed him, Angel never touched people who only carried out their duties according to the procedure. Moreover, the reason was clear.

Angel sighed.

"I will let it slide for now. But, don't do it again. You don't have to worry about me, Chancellor Allan. I know what I'm doing." There was nothing wrong with what they did so he decided to end this useless conversation.

"Glad to hear that. That means I can expect good news tomorrow and another good news next month," said Chancellor Allan. Of course, what he meant the good news about his first night and Rose's pregnancy.

"I have a lot of work, Chancellor," he reminded the Chancellor.

"Then I shall inform Sarah to cook more nutritious food for both of you. Especially the one that can increase your stamina and fertility," Chancellor Allan added.

"I don't think it's necessary," he retorted.

"Ah, you're right. You already have more of that from the start. Then we will give it to Her Highness. Her kingdom was often hit by rebellions, she often fought against the rebels and helped her uncle. I think she needs it more than you." It was a good excuse and Chancellor Allan was sure Angel couldn't refuse.

Another breath escaped from Angel's mouth. Angel and Chancellor Allan's eyes met each other.

"Really?" he said in annoyance. Again he asked why The Chancellor pushed him that far.

But Chancellor Allan maintained his composure.

"Do my words offend you, Your Majesty?" The problem was that there was nothing wrong with his suggestion.

Angel pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes.

"No. Thank you for your suggestion. Tell Sarah to prepare nutritious meals for Rose. You may leave now." He knew this conversation would let him into nowhere but waste his time. So he decided to agree. There was nothing wrong with that anyway and it could help with their plans.

"Very well, Your Majesty. I will convey it to Sarah," Chancellor Allan said with a satisfied smile before he bowed and left.

>> Read more than 10 chapter ahead + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page 

My ko-fi page

My Discord

16