Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 49. The Elite Soldier and The King II
598 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 49. The Elite Soldier and The King II

She didn't know whether she should be afraid or happy, but she was certainly grateful that Angel was on her side.
"Rai's last mission... Is it related to Zephyrus?"

"That's a secret, Rose. I can't tell you. Unless..." He walked over to her. He brought his face close to her ear.
"If you are my real wife," he whispered.

It was a simple gesture, a simple sentence, but it was enough to make her blush for whatever reason. But she tried to keep her composure.
"Then I have to postpone my question," she said.
"Until we find out what you are," she added after a short pause.

"Fine," Angel replied in a calm tone as he pulled his head away. There was a bit of disappointment in him since her short pause made him think she agreed to be his real wife, but he knew it couldn't be that easy. But her second sentence proved he still had that chance. So he still had his chance.

"About Rai's training, what method did you use to train him?" she asked curiously. Rai alone could defeat that many enemies in an instant, she couldn't imagine if Angel had so many soldiers like him.

"That's also a secret. For sure, Rai is one of my special soldiers. Not many people have his ability."

Although a little disappointed, Rose could understand why Angel kept it a secret.

"Are you interested in him?" asked Angel out of blue. He knew Rose was asking out of curiosity, but anyone would think that since she kept asking about Rai.

"I'm just curious about his swordsmanship. I think he has something in common with you." Then she gave him a teasing smirk.
"Are you jealous?"

Instead of answering with words, he swayed his hand from her cheek up to her hair slowly. Strands of her hair fell from between his fingers and he brought his lips closer to her ear once again.
"I am. I would be heartbroken if my elite soldier stole your heart under my nose and I will not let that happen," he whispered.

While Rose was stunned. It was a threat yet the way he said it made it sound like seduction.
"Don't worry. I'm just curious about his abilities," she said.

A soft chuckle that came out of his mouth tickled her ear before he distanced his face from her,
"I see..."

Rose had just opened her mouth to ask more about something else to divert their conversation, but Chancellor Allan walked over to them.

The Chancellor bowed.
"Good afternoon, Your Majesty, Your Highness."

They responded with a slight nod.

"What brings you here, Chancellor?" said Angel without further ado.

"This report, Your Majesty." The Chancellor handed him a report in an envelope.

Angel took it and intended to open it since he didn't find any information on the envelope. And since Chancellor Allan gave it in secret, he knew it was an important report.

But The Chancellor stopped him.
"That report is about 'that incident', Your Majesty."

"I see..." Angel immediately caught what Chancellor Allan meant was Pearl Gate City's report. Even though the twins weren't here, Rose was here. So he decided to check it out later. Luckily, Rose didn't notice since her attention was drawn to a training whip on the weapon rack near them. In just a glance, Angel already realized what was on her mind.

He put the envelope inside his blazer.
"Is there anything else you want to report?" he asked.

"Nothing, Your Majesty," said Chancellor Allan. His goal was to deliver the report and since the king's warning was clear, he decided not to ask anything, especially why they decided to walk the training ground instead of the garden.
"I will excuse myself," he said. Then he bowed and left.

Meanwhile Rose was deep in thought as her eyes fell on the training whip not far from her. It brought her memories back to her home, her freedom when she still had her weapon and fought for her kingdom. Even though it was not her kingdom good time, she missed those days.

"Did you miss your whip?" Angel's voice turned her gaze to him.

"A bit," said Rose. She knew after marriage she had to put down her weapon and concentrate on serving her husband or managing the castle if she was a queen. Besides, she had never heard of a king letting his queen fight. Rose smiled wryly.
"But I didn't expect you to give it to me, I know my position," Rose added. Angel had already given her an explanation as to why he didn't let her have a weapon. Even though Rose didn't like it, what Angel said was true. Also, she didn't want to mess up his plans.

Angel glanced at the training whip before returning his gaze to Rose.
"I don't mind if you use it once in a while," Angel said as he pointed at the whip with his gaze. Training weapons like this wouldn't do much damage and were only used for training.

"Really?" Her face suddenly brightened. At least she found a new activity that suited her taste.

"Yes. But you can only use it if I'm around, like when you are accompanying me to training." It wasn't that he didn't trust Rose. But the rumours from this simple act could be fatal. So he needed a good excuse to avoid bad rumours.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," said Rose happily.
"Ah, I mean--- Angel," she corrected her sentence.

Angel replied with a slight nod. After that, they moved their legs again.

> Read more than 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update on Patreon

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

14