Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 52. The Royal Dinner II
481 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 52. The Royal Dinner II

The instruments' sounds filled the room. It was beautiful music that touched the emotions of all who listened to it. The dim light from the candle and the moonlight that penetrated from the curtain gap made the romantic atmosphere even more clearer. The servants served the royal couple swiftly, changing their plates as soon as they looked too dirty or filling their glasses as soon as they were empty. All of them tried to provide a good service and do their best, yet the royal couple ate their dinner in silence. No intimate gestures or anything. Were they still embarrassed? But didn't the royal couple show their intimacy since they were still in Scarlet Stone Castle? Even some captured their intimacy before they got married, especially after that incident in the dressing room. But why was there no other progress after that?

Meanwhile, Angel and Rose were lost in their own thoughts. It was a complex thought that made them not know where to put their focus, which was definitely not in this room, especially Rose.

Rose's mind kept swinging between her guilt at the Pearl Gate City incident, what Angel said and his gesture. After what he had done and all his help, she wanted to do something for him, anything that could lessen his burden. On the other hand, her curiosity about his identity also bothered her. Although that answered the question of why he was able to conquer so many kingdoms in such a short period. Also, what he said and his gesture threw her feelings into turmoil. She didn't know anymore if what he said was part of their plan or if it came from his heart. She also didn't know anymore what he was saying was an order, a threat or whether it was a seduction. His simple gesture made her confused. Even a small thing like this food threw her mind on a lot of speculation.

Rose realized her feelings for him were growing. She was indeed attracted to him, she couldn't deny her feelings for him were a real thing but on the other hand, she was afraid to get close to him. His unpredictable movement and mind... His ability and power... His sharpness and scheme. How he could play around with the royalty, the generals, the kings, as if he were playing chess, made her wonder if she was one of his chess pieces too. Was his seduction part of the plan?

In the middle of her doubt and confusion, Rose glanced at Angel, trying to catch a hint from his expression. But she couldn't guess anything out of his cold poker face.

"What is it?" Angel said as soon as he noticed Rose's glance. Previously Angel's thoughts were on the Pearl Gate City problem. His brain kept trying to find a solution but he didn't want to waste this dinner either. He tried to focus himself on the current event, still... Since his focus was split in two he didn't know what to say. So he could only be silent throughout dinner. But that didn't mean he would waste this event. Although... he also didn't know what a couple usually did in this kind of event since he had never experienced it before.

Feeling embarrassed, Rose quickly averted her eyes from Angel.
"Nothing." She took the last bite of her food and put it in her mouth. This was not something she could say at a time like this and it was too crowded in the room.

He put his cutlery on his empty plate.
"Really? I knew you wanted to say something to me," he said in disbelief. He knew this from her expression and the look in her eyes that kept watching him.

Rose was silent for a moment. She knew she couldn't run forever. After all, with everything, Angel had done for her, for her kingdom. Also, his sincerity to tell what had happened to him. It would be unfair for him if she didn't want to say small things like this.
"May I request a private conversation with you?" Finally, she decided to say what was on her mind here. Although what she would say was not something romantic, at least this could be a good start so she could open her heart to Angel.

"Sure." Angel waved his hand out, ordering everyone in the room out of there. He didn't know what she wanted to say, but judging from her same request two days ago, he was pretty sure it had something to do with her kingdom, the rebels or their plan.

The music stopped. The servants and the musicians bowed before they walked towards the exit. A smile on their faces since they thought Rose wanted to take this romantic dinner to something more intimate.

> Read more than 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update on Patreon

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

15