Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 59. The Wine and The Couple V
572 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 59. The Wine and The Couple V

Since Rose didn't answer, Angel decided to ask again.
"Or have I done something to you?" He wasn't sure about this since he was sure the drug made him sleep like the dead. But who knew? Moreover, she said he held her hand in his sleep.

"Are you really Angelus Raizel?" Finally, she let out her voice. Indeed, it was a stupid question since he had said this so many times. But she didn't know what else to say. On the one hand, her logic refused to accept all his nonsense explanations. Yet the fact and what she saw said something else.

"Should I answer it?" Angel asked in a calm tone. He was sure Rose already knew the answer. It was her who didn't believe it.

Once again, Rose turned her gaze to the city. Her confusion was clear in her eyes. She never thought a Holy Knight who possessed a dark power existed.
"This is crazy..." she muttered.

A long breath escaped his mouth as he turned to the city.
"Do you mean me?" he asked.

"Yes... A Holy Knight with dark power. There's nothing like that before. Yet, you exist..." she said what was on her mind without thinking about the consequences since she was too shocked by this. But with this... She could conclude, he was not lying about his origin either.

His heart suddenly pounded. From her words, Angel quickly noticed that Rose already believed his story. All of it, including his origin. He turned to her in disbelief.
"Does that mean you believe me?" he asked. It was the first time someone had believed him.

Noticing Angel's gaze, she returned her gaze to him.
"Yes..." After all the facts, she couldn't deny it anymore. Even though it sounded impossible, what he said was the truth.

It was a simple thing, yet it managed to make him happy. He didn't know how long he had waited for someone to believe what he said about his past. A gentle smile cracked his cold face.
"Thank you..." He was at a loss for words and didn't know what else to say.

This time, it was Rose's heart that started pounding fast upon his smile. It was an honest one and she knew it was coming from deep inside his heart.

Just like when she treated him five years ago, she looked at him in a daze. It was as if his smile and his gaze had a charm of their own. Her hand, which was shaking with nervousness, slowly went up and touched the side of his face. She didn't know the reason why she did this. Was it because of her feelings? Her love? Was it because she felt sorry for his tragic past... Or maybe... Because his existence was a miracle.

Upon her gesture, Angel closed his eyes, letting her touch his face. Even though it was just a simple touch, it calmed him.

Realizing she shouldn't have done that, Rose finally decided to lower her hand.
"Forgive my rudeness," she said. She was just about to lower her hand, but Angel caught her wrist and it startled her.
"Angelus?"

Angel opened his eyes and smirked. Slowly, he brought her hand to his face and kissed the back of her hand.
"It's fine. I don't mind it," he said before he let go of her hand.
"We're married after all," he reminded her.

"But it's a contract one," she said.

"For now, yes. But I don't mind making it a real one," he stated.

She could tell he was serious from his words and gaze. But she couldn't answer it now. Although she couldn't deny her feelings and her trust was growing, his real intentions were still a mystery to her.

A chuckle came out of his mouth as he caught her hesitation.
"I won't force you. I told you we will take it slow. I'm quite glad you believe me."

Rose bowed her head slightly upon her gratitude.
"Thank you for your understanding."

"The night is getting colder. Shall we go inside and pour more wine?" he asked. Rose was wearing an off-shoulder gown so he was a little worried about her.

"With pleasure," answered Rose.

As they walked into the dining hall, Angel spoke again.
"I forgot to tell you. I will meet some noblewomen next week. They've asked me to clarify our relationship and the queen position." He decided to say it to avoid more misunderstanding between them.

Instead, what he said caused a strange feeling in her. A foreign feeling she had never experienced before.
"Should I accompany you?" she asked.

"It's fine. I don't want to disrespect them," he explained.

It made the strange feeling in her heart grow even more as what the maids and Claire said crossed her head, that a lot of women had taken their interest in him, either out of his power, authority or mysterious personality.
'Is this jealousy?'

Note: this chapter ilustration is in my discord channel. It's actually the cover new sketch so the background isn't the balcony but the hall. Yet their position are same.

> Read more than 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

My Patreon-page 

My ko-fi page

My Discord

16