Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 68. His Secret Investigation I
476 4 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 68. His Secret Investigation I

After the match ended, instead of walking around like yesterday, the royal couple decided to chat with the delegates and other nobles to show their warm welcome. Angel was aware the royal delegation might pick up on what he had just shown as a threat. So he had to show that he didn't have any ill intentions towards them. The event shifted to the garden. Accompanied by some cakes and tea, they could take a walk or just sit and enjoy a snack.

Chancellor Allan took the opportunity to congratulate Angel on his 'success' last night and didn't forget to remind them of Euphorion's successors. Even Cley and Claire also said the same thing to the royal couple. Which was answered with a simple nod from Angel. While Rose could only hide her blushing face without being able to say a word.

Time elapsed. The sun had leaned towards the west and the sky was getting dimmer. The event had ended and all delegates had returned to their rooms. Some of them would go home in the morning, so they used the party as their farewell.

While Rose used the after-party to discuss her schedule with Claire. Even though her new schedule just started next week, she had a lot to ask since she knew nothing about Euphorion's aristocracy. A bit of background about the party, the nobles and the relationship between them was a basic thing for her. Some nobles didn't get along with each other so she had to be careful not to spoil their mood or the party. Some fights could happen just because of small things. Not only that, but Rose also had to pay attention to little things. Such as her dress and accessories. Indoor and outdoor parties were different things and she needed a suitable dress. Likewise with the theme of the party. Was it a debut noble lady party? Birthday party? Or just a regular tea invitation? If she didn't wear the right dress, bad rumors would easily develop among the nobles and it would shame Angel.

On the other hand, as usual, Angel spent his time in his study room, doing his work. He had already told Rose that he would come back to the chamber late tonight, so he had asked her to sleep without him. He was simply saying he had a lot of work, while actually, he wanted to go to Asteria to investigate Ilex.

The sun had set and Angel had worn his Hunter outfit with a hood above his head. A mask covered his face, just to make sure no one recognized him. Unlike before the war, he was sure the civilians and Asteria's guards recognized his face well after their defeat. After he was sure his disguise was perfect, he used his Teleport skill to go to the Golden Light Castle. Also, to avoid misunderstandings, he had already said his departure to Flare and the guards who were guarding his study room.

His dark aura enveloped him. In a split of seconds, he was already at the Golden Light Castle, on Ilex's room balcony to be precise. Thanks to his dark power that had been mixed with The Guardian Sword, Angel could enter this place with his Teleportation skill easily.

Quickly, he pressed his back against the wall and peered through the gaps in search of Ilex, making sure he wasn't in his room.
'Good,' thought Angel. He thought of sneaking out into Ilex's room and looking for some information. But before he could do so, Ilex rushed out of the bathroom. A black shirt and a cloak covered him. It made Angel sure Ilex wanted to make an important move tonight.

Again, Angel pressed his back against the wall without taking his eyes off Ilex, watching how Ilex took some documents from his desk and covered his golden hair with a hood. Not only that, but Ilex also prepared a long rope that made Angel realize that he had to get out of there immediately.

Quickly, Angel used his Teleportation skill again. But instead of returning to his castle, he moved to the next balcony. It was Ophelia's room balcony. He ducked down to hide between the stone fences. While Ilex came out onto his balcony and tied his ropes, proving Angel's guess was correct. But rather than catching him, Angel chose to stay and let him out of the castle to find out Ilex's next plan. Besides, this way, Angel could find out who was still helping Ilex. Because he knew, even if Ilex was a Prince, with his clothes and disguise he shouldn't be able to get in and out of the castle easily.

>Read more than 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update on Patreon

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

 

16