Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 71. His Secret Investigation IV
525 6 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 71. His Secret Investigation IV

After the waiter left, Angel closed his eyes and used his Evil Eye spell. His dark aura emanated from his palm and formed a black eyeball that floated out to where Ilex was. This time Ilex had stopped vomiting and was cleaning his mouth with a handkerchief.

"Show me the way," Ilex said in a hoarse voice. He couldn't wait to finish this meeting and leave this disgusting place.

"Follow me, Your Highness," said the servant. They approached the bar backdoor and threw some knocks with a certain rhythm. A second later the door opened and both of them entered it. They passed the filthy kitchen and down the narrow staircase leading to the basement. Noises interspersed with jokes and laughter greeted Ilex's ears as soon as he arrived in a room which was illuminated by a few small torches. The musty smell tickled his nose, but it was better than the previous garbage smell. Unlike the bar, even though these people's clothes looked shabby and plain, they didn't shout and make a ruckus. Also, there wasn't a single prostitute with them. They were the powerful magic users that Ilex had gathered from all over Asteria.

"Thank you for coming here, gentlemen," Ilex greeted them. His hands removed his hood, revealing his face and golden hair. A friendly smile on his face. Even though he didn't like dealing with commoners like them, he had to restrain himself since he needed their powers to carry out his crazy plans.

Upon Ilex's presence, they bowed their heads.

"Your Highness," they greeted. This was a wonderful opportunity for commoners like them to meet the famous Prince of Asteria in flesh.

"Just skip the formalities. We are all gathered for the same purpose here. Save Asteria from the dark king. So I'll treat you as my brothers," Ilex started their conversation with sweet talk. It was his speciality. While that sounded like a complete bluff, it would be very different if a royalty like Ilex said it.

"I believe my aide has told you most of this, so I just need to tell you what my next plan is," Ilex continued.

"Yes. We've heard everything and are interested in helping you." They couldn't refuse the big reward and the honor as Asteria's savior. Besides, they only worked behind the scenes, not fighting on the front lines. So they didn't hesitate to accept it.

"Good. As long as this plan goes well, I'll pay you nicely," said Ilex. After that Ilex explained what his plan was and how to do it. Unfortunately, he didn't explain where Ivetta was. It was a pity. But Angel had to confess, Ilex's crazy plan managed to amaze him. It was a brilliant and absurd one. If he didn't find it now, he was sure this plan could put his life in danger.

Apart from the conversation, Angel also found out why Ilex chose this place over an ordinary Inn which could do the same thing with this place. It was because many people thought Ilex was heartbroken after Angel and Rose's marriage. So in case he was caught, he did not hesitate to say that he channelled his frustration into the lowly prostitution. So it could be said that Ilex put everything on the line so that his plan could run smoothly, including his pride, dignity and reputation.

"That's all. I hope you can prepare yourselves well," Ilex ended their conversation. A satisfied smile was on his face since he was convinced of his success.

"We will behead that evil king and make his corpse the best gift of my birthday," added Ilex with a sly smile.

Ilex's last words made Angel almost let out his laughter, but the women's voices coming from both sides interrupted him.

"Are you alone, handsome?"

"Wanna play something dirty, dear?" another said.

From the pungent smell of cheap perfume, he already knew who they were. He canceled his spell, opened his eyes and found his tea on his table. Two prostitutes were already sitting on either side of him. Their messy dresses showed how many times they had served the men that night.

"Do you want me to warm you up?" said one of them. Her hand almost touched his mask but he caught her wrist.

"Pardon me, ladies. But I have to go now," he said coldly. Although he was annoyed, he couldn't blame them since they were just doing their job. Quickly, he stood up and placed another two silver coins on the table.

"Here's your tip. Thank you for accompanying me." Without another word, he got up and walked out of the bar. While the women immediately grabbed the coins happily. They didn't expect to get such easy money tonight.

>Read more than 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update on Patreon

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

 

15