Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 101. The Royal Couple’s Night Walk I
442 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 101. The Royal Couple's Night Walk I

Another day had passed, and the royal couple was doing their job as usual. Angel mostly spent his time in his study room. While Rose spent her time socializing and attending royal invitations.

Just like before she started by analyzing her surroundings, before asking the servant to call one of them and talk about a simple topic which could finally lead them to another topic of conversation.

This was no different from another battlefield for her. The difference was that there was no bloodshed here.

And since she didn't show any flaws so all the nobles could gossip about was just related to her marriage. She was sure that little by little she could improve her reputation as long as she could do this well.

Besides, her status also helped her to start a conversation with them. As the king's wife, none of them could refuse her request.

The sun went down and the royal couple were in the dining hall to have their dinner. They had finished their main course so all that was left was their dessert.

"Are you enjoying the invitations?" asked Angel. According to Claire, yesterday's invitation went well. Although the nobles gave Rose cold shoulders at the start, in the end, she was able to get some of them to talk things over.

But today Rose attended the invitation alone. So he wanted to make sure she could handle it well.

"Yes. They are more friendly than I thought. Besides, it's just repetition of another battlefield for me. A bloodless one. I can handle it just fine," answered Rose in a half-joking tone.

Noticing her smile, Angel looked at her curiously.

"You never joke around with me before. Did something happen?" he guessed.

"I just overheard these funny rumors. They said you managed to conquer my homeland. But I managed to conquer your heart. So it's a win-win for Euphorion and Zephyrus. And another one. They said the king's battlefield has changed. From the fields and enemies' territories to his own chamber," she said between her giggles. Of course, what they meant by the last rumor was because Angel needed his successor.

Although they didn't say it directly, she found it quite funny since none of the jokes were true. Angel did manage to conquer her homeland, but she didn't conquer his heart. It was Angel who was conquering her heart.

And the last rumor, of course, because what happened in the chamber was not what they thought. Even though Angel and Rose didn't act like strangers anymore, Angel still didn't touch her according to the agreement. Except for a couple of days ago of course.

Even though Angel knew the nobles didn't mean to make up those rumors as a joke, he had to admit the irony in it made all of it sound funny to him and Rose.

"I'm glad you enjoyed your time," he said.

Rose stopped her laugh. Still her smile on her lips.

"Believe me they are much much better than Zephyrus' nobles. Even though they want my position, at least I don't feel any killing intent from them. Just a lot of jealousy. I don't know whether I have to be happy or afraid."

"You should be happy then," Angel said casually.

"Because of their jealousy? Or because you chose me?" she asked.

"Because fate allowed us to restart our relationship," he replied.

That left Rose speechless for a moment. Her smile widened.

"I suppose I should be happy about that. A second chance is a good thing," she said.

"Since you are in a good mood. Mind for a night walk after this?" asked Angel. As he promised, he had already chosen a place for them and they would visit this place as commoners, not royalty.

His words stunned Rose. She remembered Angel's promise, but she didn't expect much since she knew a king had a lot of workloads so she restrained herself to demand a lot of things from him. If she could handle it herself, she would do it. She realized a romantic love life with a king was almost impossible.

"You mean... We will..." Her words trailed off since she couldn't possibly say that they would sneak out of the castle.

"Yes. Claire has your clothes ready. I hope we can enjoy our time," he clarified.

A wide smile appeared on Rose's lips. It was her first time going out as a commoner so she couldn't help herself but be excited.

"I will."

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

10