Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 118. Bath With The King III
275 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 118. Bath With The King III
The sound of the drizzling water signified that he had dipped himself into the bathtub. Which meant he would get a clear view of her since his bathtub was facing this way. Quickly, Rose removed the rest of her clothes and dipped herself in the water. At least she could cover her body with the water.
Rose cleaned herself nervously, making sure the water washed every inch of her skin and hair. From the sound of water coming from her side, she knew Angel was also doing the same thing and that sound intrigued her to turn to him.
She quickly shook her thoughts and tried to cling to her common sense.
'Keep your calm, Rose. You are a princess. A noble lady. He's not officially your husband yet, you shouldn't peek at him,' she reminded herself.
Yet her heart was beating fast. Her hand that was wiping the wet towel against her skin moved faster, hoping this would all be over soon, but even if she was done, she couldn't get out of the bathtub before the time.
The loud dripping sound from his side made Angel turn to her curiously. From where he was, he could only see a little of the top of her chest and head. So he was sure it shouldn't bother her too much.
Immediately, he caught Rose's blushing face and nervousness. Unable to hold himself, chuckles came out of his mouth.
Spontaneously, she turned to him and dipped herself deeper into the water, submerging her entire body, leaving her neck and head on the surface.
"I don't understand, why are you so nervous when you've seen me in this state three times," Angel said between his chuckles before Rose complained.
Rose frowned.
“Three times? when?” she retorted. She held her complaint and chose to ask this since Angel had already said that he would see where his eyes wanted to see. Since there wasn't any deal in the first place, she couldn't say anything either. After all, from his expression, she was sure Angel turned his head not because he wanted to peek at her.
“When you treated me 5 years ago when you tried to kill me at Scarlet Stone Castle and when you discovered my scars,” he reminded her. A teasing smile on his lips. Although that was an honest question, half of it was a tease.
“That's a different matter,” she replied quickly.
He tilted his head.
"What's the difference?" he asked. The trace of his tease was in his tone of voice.
“5 years ago, I only saw you as my patient. After all, it was an emergency case. When I sneaked into the bathroom, it was because I wanted to assassinate you. And when I discovered your scars, what I thought was your past,” she explained.
“Does that mean, what you think right now, was different from what you thought before?” he guessed. His teasing smile widened even more.
"It's not that I'm thinking about naughty things about you. I have other important things on my mind,” she quickly retorted in panic.
Her response made him let out another chuckle.
"I never said you are thinking naughty things about me," he teased. Which meant she did think about it.
It was enough to make Rose's face blush in embarrassment even more. She immediately diverted it in another direction to cover it.
"I'm just telling you in advance in case that thought crossed your head," she added in a panic.
He stopped laughing.
"Fine." He approached the side of his bathtub and smirked.
"But from your response, I assume I have fixed a lot of things in our relationship. Am I right?”
That statement disbanded her embarrassment and made her turn to him again. This time there was no nervousness on her face.
Angel's gaze softened. His teasing smirk was replaced by a faint one.
"You're not trying to kill me anymore. You don't run from me anymore. You don't call me a monster anymore. You don't hate me anymore. You start to… believe me…” he said. Yes, this was a huge step for both of them. Fast progress if he could say, considering how deep their misunderstanding was and they had only been living together for a short time.
A long exhale came out of her mouth.
“A lot of things have happened, I have no reason not to believe you. After all, we have the same enemy.”
"Is it just because of that?" he asked. "Is it only because we have the same enemy?" he clarified his question.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update.



13