Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 159. The Royal Couple Arrival V
254 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 159. The Royal Couple Arrival V

In the other place, Rose and King Eudon chose a parlor room to continue their serious conversation. Once they entered, King Eudon immediately dismissed the servants so they could speak more freely.

Although from Rose's words, King Eudon already caught what she wanted to talk about, he wanted to hear it himself. At least he wanted to make sure she wasn't under Angel's spell's influence.

Once the servants left and the door closed, King Eudon let out his voice.

"What do you want to talk about?" he said as he approached her. He didn't even bother to sit down anymore. So they would settle this talk standing up.

Rose took a couple of deep breaths to calm herself before she turned to her uncle. This would be the hardest confession for her.

"I want to talk about my relationship with King Angelus," she said straight to the point. She had already talked about this and Angel had told her everything about his agreement with King Eudon. So instead of Angel, she was the one who should tell King Eudon about her feelings and her agreement to this marriage.

A long exhaled out from King Eudon's mouth as he realized what he feared would come true.

"Go ahead. Say it," said King Eudon. Even though he looked ready, he could feel the fear gripping his heart. At least he wanted to know what made her change her mind.

“I want to be with Angelus, uncle,” she said in a firm tone, a sign that no one could change her decision anymore.

"Are you sure about that? Did Angelus force you to say it?" asked King Eudon impatiently. He didn't understand since Rose hated Angel when she left Zephyrus. But now, everything changed so fast. It surprised him since he knew how stubborn Rose was.

Rose shook her head from side to side.

"This is my decision. I want to be with him,” she stated.

King Eudon came closer to her and gripped her shoulders gently. His eyes which were fixed on her showed his concern clearly.

“This fake marriage must be hard and has put a lot of pressure on you, but I have no choice. Giving you to him is the hardest decision I've ever made. But that's only temporary. I never meant to give you to him," he said apologetically. His sadness was evident in his tone. If this didn't come from her heart, he wouldn't agree to it. He didn't want Rose to sacrifice herself.

“So please… think again, Rose. You don't have to bear it all yourself," he pleaded.

"I know Zephyrus is having a hard time. As princess of Zephyrus, I have the responsibility. But this is my wish. It's me who wants to be with him. I love him, uncle ..." she admitted sincerely.

"You don't have to suffer alone. I'll help you," he said while looking into her eyes, hoping all of it was because Angel forced her to do so. "Please, don't do anything stupid."

Rose was taken aback by King Eudon's reaction.

"I'm not suffering. I'm not sacrificing myself. I really love him." Her determination was clear in her voice. "He is my first love, but we parted before we got to know each other. And now, we have a second chance. I don't want to waste it."

"I don't know what to say..." said King Eudon. He couldn't believe his niece confessed her love for a man who was once the kingdom's enemy. He had expected her to reject his proposal. But not like this. Not with such a strong declaration.

"I'm sorry for making you worry about me. But I love him and I want to be with him. Please, give me your blessing." She said it with a firm tone and a bright smile.

King Eudon thought it was too early to give his approval. He had to make sure she was telling the truth. He looked at Rose and studied her face.

"I'm sorry for asking this, but are you sure? Are you certain that you love him?" he asked.

"Yes! I'm sure!" she answered firmly.

King Eudon sighed and nodded.

"Then I approve," he said. "But I want you to remember one thing. Don't forget that you belong to Zephyrus and the people here. You are their princess, not mine," he reminded her.

In reflex, Rose hugged King Eudon and smiled happily.

"Thank you, uncle... "

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

10