Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 176. Rebellion and Ambush VI
282 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 176. Rebellion and Ambush VI
The medicine that King Eudon had given was truly a rare and precious gift, one that could heal wounds and prevent bleeding, all while dulling the pain. It was a powerful weapon in their arsenal, and it was no wonder that Angel had spent so much time with her uncle, acquiring this valuable resource for his troops.
"So this is what you mean when you say you have prepared everything," Rose said, a note of admiration creeping into her voice. "From special armor to special medicine, you have calculated everything carefully," she added, her mind reeling with the realization of just how far Angel had gone to ensure their victory.
But Angel's reply was casual, almost nonchalant. "Not only that," he said, as he turned his gaze to a nearby rebel corpse. With a swift kick, he flipped the body over, revealing the man's face. Even though he had a sword slash in his back, the foam at his mouth indicated that he had died from poison. The same deadly poison that was on Rose's whip.
Rose's eyes widened in shock as she realized that Angel had also asked King Eudon to make him the same poison, and had armed his soldiers with it. "You are really well prepared," she admitted, her admiration for Angel's strategic mind growing by the second. It was no wonder that they had been able to win so easily, despite the ferocity of the rebel attack.
Angel let out a chuckle, his expression one of confidence and assurance. "I still have a lot of tricks up my sleeves for this. Don't worry," he added, his gaze scanning the battlefield as if he was already planning his next move.
"Anyhow, it looks like the soldiers are almost done," said Angel, his voice calm and steady as he watched the soldiers preparing the horses. The scene before him was one of organized chaos, as the soldiers moved with purpose, loading supplies and making preparations for their long hunt.
Realizing that they had to move quickly before the troops set off, Rose decided to speak again. "One more question, Angelus," she said, her voice filled with curiosity.
Angel turned to her, his expression one of mild interest. "Speak," he said, his voice calm and steady.
"Is King Gervis involved in this?" she asked, her voice filled with curiosity. It seemed almost impossible for him not to know of his own child's wicked plan.
Angel shook his head. "I don't think so. Even though King Gervis hates me, he'll not go as far as cooperating with the rebels. Let alone violate The first King Asteria's order to keep the Guardian's Sword at Golden Light Castle. Ilex is the only one who could do this, stole it, and used it to lock us up with rebels, making us their prey," he said, his voice filled with certainty.
Rose was silent after hearing Angel's answer. She knew he was right; they were no different from hunted animals in Asteria's hunting ground now. It was hard to believe that a misunderstanding could make the royal members kill each other like this. She thought of the countless lives that had been lost, and the innocent people who had been caught in the crossfire.
"Angel... are you all right with all this?" she asked, her voice filled with concern.
Angel let out another short chuckle, his expression one of resignation. "Don't worry, this is not his first attempt to kill me. I already went numb ever since I decided to attack Asteria and take it with my own hand. Killing him - it's something I've been waiting for a long time. It's just, I didn't have enough reason to do it," he said, his voice steady and calm. There were no lies in his words since that was what he felt. Indeed, sometimes he felt sad about this, yet he knew their long competition had to end and their hatred had to be resolved.
Rose couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness as she heard his words. It was clear that Angel had been consumed by his desire for revenge, and that he had been waiting for this moment for a long time. But at the same time, she knew that Ilex was the one who pushed Angel to do this far.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

8