Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 185. The King’s Game of Chess VII
144 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 185. The King's Game of Chess VII
Suddenly, as if from nowhere, Angel's expression hardened and his eyes narrowed. With lightning speed, he spun around, pulling Rose behind him in one fluid motion. "Come out!" he bellowed, his voice ringing out across the rocky expanse. "I know you're hiding there!"
And then, as if in answer to his call, a figure emerged from behind a cluster of rocks nearby. It was a woman, with long black hair that cascaded down her back like a waterfall of midnight. Her eyes glinted with a malevolent glimmer, and a sinister smile crept over her face like a shadow.
"Amazing!" she crowed, clapping her hands mockingly. "You even know where I'm hiding. I'm impressed, Your Majesty," she sneered.
Rose felt her heart racing in her chest. This woman, Ivetta, was someone she had thought was a friend, a confidante, even a sister. But now, as she looked at her, she saw only malice and treachery.
"Ivetta..." she hissed through gritted teeth, her anger and betrayal boiling over. Without a second thought, she reached for the whip in her belt, ready to lash out at the woman who had betrayed her.
But Ivetta was quick to speak, her words like a viper's hiss. "I'm waiting for you, Rose," she said, her voice dripping with a honeyed venom. "You are my best friend, I even already consider you as my own sister. But last time, I couldn't attend your wedding, the most important moment in your life... I feel so guilty..." Then her voice changed into a sly, sinister tone. "Because of that..." Ivetta continued, her smile turning wicked. "This time I don't want to pass it again, the moment of your death..."
Rose gasped, her hand tightening around her whip. With a fierce determination, Rose stepped forward, her eyes blazing with fury. "Ivetta," she spat, her voice cold as ice. "You have made a grave mistake. You will not leave this place alive."
But Ivetta didn’t answer her. As if summoned by some otherworldly force, their reunion was shattered by the sudden appearance of a group of rebels. They came from all sides, surrounding the Euphorion soldier like a pack of hungry wolves. The rebels were cloaked in shadows, their faces hidden behind dark hoods.
As the rebels closed in on them, their numbers seeming to multiply with each passing moment, the Euphorion soldiers stood their ground. Frost, his sword at the ready, swept his gaze around the hilltop, taking in the rebels who surrounded them. He could feel their hostile energy, their eyes gleaming with an ominous intensity.
“Let’s end this.” Suddenly, Ivetta stomped her feet, and the ground around Angel and Rose collapsed, turning into a large hole that engulfed them. The soldiers dispersed to a safe place, including Frost. Weirdly, despite the king was in danger, they were weirdly calm.
Angel reached out his hand, trying to grab something to save them from falling into the abyss. His hand dragged until finally, he could hold onto a large rock, while his other hand held Rose tightly. He looked down and saw that the hole was connected to a cave with towering sharp rocks that were ready to destroy their bodies.
"Rose, this is the best gift I can give you! Letting you die with your loved ones!" Ivetta cackled, her eyes shining with cruel delight.
"Ivetta! I can't believe you would betray me like this!" screamed Rose angrily.
Ivetta laughed evilly. "I never told you to trust me. You are too naive and always act as you wish, you don't deserve to be the princess of Zephyrus Kingdom!"
Rose could only be silent with anger, knowing that Ivetta had never truly cared for her.
"Angelus Raizel, I was interested in you. But it's a shame that five years ago you disappeared, so I have to change my choice," said Ivetta, her gaze shifting to Angel.
Angel laughed sarcastically. "Unfortunately, I'm not interested in you at all," he said, his voice dripping with disdain.
"Interesting... even on the verge of your death, you are still arrogant. We'll see if you can survive this time," said Ivetta, her expression twisted with hatred.
Angel smirked wickedly. “It should be for you.” Then he ended it with a certain melodic whistle, an order that he would give full authority to Frost to attack.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

5