Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 201. Interrogation III
154 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 201. Interrogation III

Ivetta's heart was pounding in her chest as she frantically searched for a way out. Her mind raced as she tried to come up with a plan, anything to save herself from the raging beasts that had been unleashed upon them.

And then she saw it: a small, seemingly insignificant rock that jutted out from the wall. She knew what it was - the secret entrance to the tunnels beneath the arena. It was a risky move, but it was their only chance.

Without a second thought, Ivetta ran towards the wall and pressed her hand against the rock. The wall beside it creaked open, revealing a dark passageway that led deep underground.

But before she could take a single step, Rose appeared out of nowhere and swung her whip around Ivetta's waist. The force of the blow knocked Ivetta off her feet, and she landed with a thud on the ground.

"Where do you think you're going?" Rose hissed, a wicked smile spreading across her face. "The show has just begun. We can't leave before the grand finale."

Ivetta struggled against the whip, trying to break free, but it was no use. Rose was too strong, and the more Ivetta struggled, the tighter the whip became.

"Rose, please!" she cried, desperation creeping into her voice. "I know you have feelings for him, but he can't take on all of those monsters alone! We need to go, now!"

"Right now," Rose sneered, "The 'magic shield' that limits his power is gone, there's nothing to fear anymore." She spoke with an air of confidence, her eyes fixated on Angel, who was already surrounded by monsters in the middle of the arena. Ivetta could feel her heart pounding in her chest, her breaths coming in short gasps.

Angel's hands began to emit a dark aura that spread around him, enveloping and lifting all the monsters that surrounded him. The monsters struggled, their thorny tails flailing blindly in all directions. Ivetta could feel the ground trembling beneath her feet as the monsters tried to break free from Angel's grasp.

Suddenly, Angel clenched his fist, and a loud explosion accompanied by strong winds swept around him. Ivetta watched in awe as the monsters were obliterated, leaving only a pool of blood around Angel.

Ivetta turned her gaze to the Guardian's Sword and saw that the sword had already gleamed again. She could feel her stomach twist into knots as she realized what that meant. There was no telling what he was capable of. Ivetta's heart was racing, her mind unable to comprehend what was happening before her very eyes. The world seemed to blur, and her limbs felt heavy as she tried to process the events that had unfolded in the past few minutes.

"R-rose... how could you possibly live with him? He is not human..." Ivetta's voice quivered with fear and shock, her eyes pleading for an explanation.

Angel approached them, his footsteps echoing in the desolate ruins. "Thank you for the compliment, but I'm a human," he spoke calmly, his voice like silk, "Now since my business with you is over, I'll end it here." With that, he pulled out his sword and pressed it back to Ivetta's neck.

Ivetta could feel the cold metal of the sword against her skin, and she could feel her blood run cold. She couldn't bear the thought of dying, not like this. She closed her eyes and waited for the inevitable.

But then, to Ivetta's surprise, Rose stopped Angel. "Wait! She's my childhood friend..." Rose's voice was pleading, and Ivetta could hear the desperation in her tone.

Angel looked at Ivetta, and for a moment, their eyes met. Ivetta could see the coldness in his gaze, and she shivered. "I understand," he finally spoke, "I'll leave her to you." He knew it was Rose’s request so it was her that could end Ivetta’s life.

With that, he returned his sword to its sheath.

Angel pulled out the Guardian's Sword, the weapon shimmered in the moonlight.

"We must return soon, Frost and the others are waiting," Angel spoke, his voice deep and commanding.

He extended his hand to Rose, and she took it without hesitation. “Yes.”

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

6