Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 208. Sleepless Night III
190 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 208. Sleepless Night III
"They only want my power and authority as the king, not see me as myself," Angel spoke, his voice tinged with bitterness. The weight of his responsibilities as a ruler bore heavily on his shoulders, the expectations and demands that accompanied his position. He took a deep breath, his chest rising and falling with the weight of his words. "Indeed, I can't expect anything more, for that is how a royal marriage should be. But I want to be selfish once in a while," he admitted, his voice carrying a hint of longing.
A soft smile graced Rose's lips as she listened to his heartfelt confession. She brought her face closer to his, their eyes locked in a deep and meaningful gaze. "It seems you have been trapped in my web," she whispered, her voice a mere breath against his skin.
Angel's eyes sparkled with a mixture of amusement and affection. "We," he corrected, his voice filled with warmth and devotion. At that moment, they both knew that they were bound to each other, entangled in a love that defied expectations and surpassed societal constraints.
With a tender smile, Rose slowly distanced herself, her eyes never leaving Angel's face. Her mind buzzed with curiosity, her heart yearning to understand his thoughts and plans. "Then... What are your next plans?" she inquired softly, her voice filled with a mix of anticipation and concern. "I know you won't be staying quiet after today's incident. I can sense the fire burning within you."
A smirk played upon Angel's lips, a flicker of mischief dancing in his eyes. "Do you know what I just found in my study?" he asked, his voice laced with intrigue. With a swift motion, he withdrew an envelope from his pocket, the parchment exquisitely crafted and adorned with delicate gold filigree. Its regal appearance spoke volumes, instantly capturing Rose's attention.
Intrigued, Rose accepted the envelope from Angel's outstretched hand, her fingertips brushing against his in a moment of connection. She carefully unfolded the invitation, revealing the elegant calligraphy that graced the page. It was an invitation to the grandest of celebrations - the royal event in Asteria. Her eyes widened in surprise, a gasp escaping her lips.
"An invitation to Asteria..." Rose murmured, her voice filled with a mixture of astonishment and curiosity. She studied the ornate details of the invitation, her fingers tracing the embossed emblem of the kingdom. The weight of the invitation felt significant in her hand, a symbol of Ilex's power and influence. "Since when did Ilex celebrate his birthday and invite other royal guests like this?" she questioned, her curiosity piqued.
A wicked grin spread across Angel's face, his eyes gleaming with a sinister delight. "Indeed," he replied, his voice dripping with malevolence. "The fact that Ilex has deviated from his usual course of action speaks volumes. It seems he has prepared other plans in case Ivetta fails to eliminate us."
The weight of the revelation settled upon Rose, and she carefully placed the invitation on the intricately carved bedside table. Its presence seemed to taunt them, a reminder of the impending danger they faced. Yet, amidst the tension, Rose couldn't help but let her mind wander to the realm of intrigue and strategy.
"Since it is his birthday celebration," she ventured, her voice laced with a mix of curiosity and playful suggestion, "Are you planning to present him with a special gift?"
Angel's gaze turned icy, a shadow passing over his features. The warmth that had previously enveloped him dissipated, replaced by a calculated resolve. He met Rose's gaze with a chilling intensity. "Of course," he hissed, his voice dripping with malice. "I will prepare a gift that will haunt him for eternity. This time, I will engage him in a game that he will never forget."
A shiver ran down Rose's spine at the malevolence that radiated from Angel's words. His words sent a chill through the room, the air thick with the weight of impending vengeance. Rose felt a mix of awe and trepidation as she witnessed the transformation in Angel. At that moment, he seemed to embody a force of nature, an avenging spirit determined to exact retribution upon his enemies.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

7