Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 218. Revolt I
157 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 218. Revolt I
Angel and Rose glided gracefully across the polished marble floor, their bodies moving in perfect harmony with the enchanting melody that filled the grand hall. Their eyes locked in a mesmerizing dance of their own.
Yet, amidst the swirling elegance and whispered conversations, a disquieting unease crept into their awareness. A subtle shift in the atmosphere, like a whisper of impending danger, tingled in the air. Angel's keen senses picked up on it first, a flicker of suspicion darting across his gaze as he surveyed the hall.
Rose felt the tension coil within her, causing her steps to falter slightly. Their movements slowed, their gazes darting discreetly between the grandeur around them. As their eyes met, a shared understanding passed between them—a silent recognition that the party was about to be upturned.
In the periphery of their vision, they noticed the imposing figures of the Asteria troops, their formidable presence casting a shadow over the revelry. The guests, oblivious to the impending storm, continued to sway in the embrace of their partners, unknowingly drawing closer to the dark fate that loomed ahead.
One by one, the couples who had danced with the Asteria soldiers withdrew from the center of the hall, their eyes filled with uncertainty and apprehension. Angel and Rose, their movements now stilled, stood together, their hearts pounding in unison. They exchanged a fleeting glance, their expressions a mix of concern and determination.
With a resounding thud, the massive doors of the hall slammed shut, resonating through the room and sending shivers down the spines of all who bore witness. The symphony of music abruptly ceased, replaced by an eerie silence.
King Gervis rose from his imposing throne, his regal demeanor momentarily shattered by a tempest of anger that coursed through his veins. His voice thundered through the vast chamber, reverberating off the walls as he unleashed his wrath upon those who had disrupted the peace. "What madness is this?!" the King thundered, his voice laced with fury. "Who ordered you to screw up?!"
Tension hung heavy in the air as the courtiers and attendants exchanged nervous glances, their faces etched with trepidation. Whispers of unease swept through the assembly, as they awaited an explanation for the intrusion that had shattered the tranquility of their sovereign's domain.
Amongst the tumult, Ilex emerged from the shadows, his countenance a stark contrast to his father's seething rage. With a nonchalant stride, he made his way to the center of the hall, his every step exuding an air of self-assured confidence. All eyes turned towards him, the room collectively holding its breath, waiting for an explanation that would quell the storm brewing within the King's heart.
"I'm the one who ordered them, Father," Ilex spoke with a calm, unwavering tone, his voice carrying across the hushed hall.
The tension in the grand hall reached its zenith as King Gervis snapped at his audacious son, his voice laced with a potent mix of fury and exasperation. His eyes blazed with a paternal wrath that threatened to consume the very air around them.
"Ilex! Do you have any inkling of what you have done?!" The King's voice reverberated through the hall, the force behind his words causing the courtiers to shrink back in apprehension.
Ilex, however, stood his ground, his countenance unyielding in the face of his father's rage. There was a steely resolve in his eyes. With a calm demeanor that bordered on defiance, he met his father's wrathful gaze head-on.
"Calm down, Father," Ilex said, his voice steady and deliberate. "I know precisely what I am doing. I have made a choice—one that I believe is vital for the restoration of our family's legacy."
A collective hush fell upon the grand hall. With an unwavering gaze, Angel locked eyes with Ilex, his icy tone cutting through the tension-laden atmosphere. His words, laden with an undercurrent of truth and accusation, resonated with a raw honesty that left no room for doubt.
"I never took Asteria from the Reinheart Family," Angel declared, his voice carrying a cool, unwavering conviction. "Isn't your father still ruling and sitting on his throne?" All eyes turned to him, their gazes a mix of surprise, curiosity, and skepticism.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

7