Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 224. Wicked III
107 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 224. Wicked III
Ilex's gaze narrowed with a cold determination as he stared at Angel. A sinister smile curled upon his lips, revealing the depths of his malevolence. He had made up his mind, prepared to go to any lengths to uncover the truth. The desperation to expose Angel's alleged deception had consumed him, blinding him to reason and compassion.
"Then, I will help you prove it," Ilex declared, his voice laced with an icy resolve. "I will drain your blood and examine it to ensure that you truly possess the Reinheart lineage."
Without hesitation, Ilex thrust his sword into Angel's palm, his actions executed with calculated precision. The searing pain ripped through Angel's body, causing him to grit his teeth against the torment. Each heartbeat intensified the ache, his grip on consciousness slipping.
Groaning in agony, Angel struggled to maintain his composure. Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead, mingling with the blood that stained his hands. Yet, even in the face of excruciating suffering, he refused to yield.
Rose witnessed the horrors unfolding before her. Her heart filled with a fierce determination to free herself from the clutches of those who sought to harm her beloved. She fought against the restraints that bound her, her limbs straining with every ounce of her strength.
In a desperate plea, Ophelia's voice echoed through the hall, her words laden with heartfelt anguish. She pleaded with Ilex to halt the torment he was inflicting upon Angel. Her tears streamed down her face, her voice choked with emotion as she implored her brother to abandon the path of darkness he had chosen.
"Ilex, please!" Ophelia's voice cracked, her pleas laced with desperation. "Stop torturing him! He deserves mercy and compassion! Please, brother, open your eyes to the truth!"
But Ilex's laughter reverberated through the air, a chilling chorus that revealed the depths of his sadistic nature. Ignoring Ophelia's pleas, he unleashed another cruel blow, thrusting his sword into Angel's legs with a vicious force. The sound of steel meeting flesh echoed through the hall, intermingling with Angel's pained cries.
The room seemed to tilt and blur before Angel's eyes, each breath becoming more labored as the pain intensified. Blood pooled beneath him, seeping into the cracks of the stone floor. Yet, even in the face of unimaginable torment, his spirit remained unbroken.
Angel's groans of agony filled the air, and a glimmer of concern flickered within Artheur’s heart, the prince who had been a silent observer up until this point. He took a step forward, his intent to intervene etched upon his face. But the Asterian troops, ever loyal to Ilex, immediately barred his path, their weapons raised in a threatening display.
"Prince Ilex!" Artheur's voice reverberated with a mixture of urgency and indignation. "He can no longer fight! Is it truly necessary to subject him to further torture in front of everyone?"
Ilex's gaze shifted to Artheur, his eyes narrowing with a mix of irritation and a lingering grudge. His voice dripped with vengeful spite as he addressed Artheur, taunting him with his own vulnerability.
"Prince Artheur," Ilex sneered, his tone laced with malice. "I heard he bested you on your engagement day. Don't you yearn to exact your revenge, to repay him for the humiliation he inflicted upon you?"
Artheur's gaze shifted from Ilex to Angel’s dying form, and a resolute determination settled within his eyes. Despite the bitterness of his defeat, Artheur recognized the difference between a noble contest of strength and the vile act unfolding before him.
"He did beat me," Artheur acknowledged, his voice filled with a mix of admiration and resentment. "But he did so with honor, in a fair duel where both parties were willing participants. What you're doing now, Ilex, is nothing but an act of cowardice."
Ilex's rage erupted like a volcano, his fury fueling his actions. Without a moment's hesitation, he thrust his sword into Angel's left chest with a force that seemed to pierce the very essence of his being. The sickening sound of steel meeting flesh reverberated through the hall, accompanied by Angel's agonized screams that pierced the air like a lament.
Blood spilled from Angel's mouth in a torrent, cascading onto the floor in a macabre display of crimson. His body convulsed in the throes of pain, his eyes squeezed shut in a futile attempt to escape the unbearable torment. Each breath became a struggle, the air rattling through his weakened lungs as if it were his last.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

7