Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 229. Resurrection II
161 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 229. Resurrection II
Upon his command, chaos erupted within the hall as the servants, who had remained silent observers until now, revealed their true allegiance. In a swift and deadly display of skill, they unsheathed their weapons and struck down the Asterian troops who had surrounded the hall, leaving their lifeless bodies scattered like discarded pawns on a game board. The rapid succession of fatal blows left no room for retaliation, catching Ilex and his remaining troops off guard.
The once bustling hall had now transformed into a battlefield of bloodshed and despair. The air was heavy with the metallic tang of blood, and the echoes of clashing steel reverberated like a haunting requiem. The guests, previously paralyzed by fear and astonishment, now found themselves caught in the crossfire of the unfolding conflict. Some sought refuge behind pillars and tapestries, while others cowered beneath ornate tables, praying for the storm to pass.
Ilex's face contorted with disbelief, his voice a desperate cry in the midst of the mayhem. "Impossible! Impossible! I've killed your troops! I saw it with my own eyes, they were all dead!"
Yet, the evidence of his actions contradict his words. The servants, standing resolute and unscathed, were living proof of Ilex's miscalculation. The apparent deaths he had witnessed were nothing but an illusion, a carefully crafted mirage that had obscured the truth.
Angel sat on the throne, his black sword gleaming beside him like a silent sentinel. His eyes bore into Ilex's with an intensity that sent a shiver down the spine of even the bravest onlookers. The truth of Angel's ruse had been laid bare, and Ilex could no longer deny the depths of his own gullibility.
Angel, with an air of eerie calmness, spoke again, his eyes locked onto Ilex's. "Your perception was clouded by arrogance and hatred," he stated, his voice cutting through the din of battle like a blade through flesh. "You never understood the true extent of my power. You really were easy to fool, weren't you?" Angel's words were laced with dark amusement, a wicked dance of cruelty that played upon Ilex's vulnerability. "With just a few cuts and fake blood, you believed my elite troops could be defeated so easily?"
Ilex's face contorted with anger and humiliation. He had been played like a puppet on strings, manipulated by Angel's calculated illusions and nefarious plans. The realization of his own naivety was a bitter pill to swallow.
"You... You deceived me!" Ilex's voice trembled with rage, his hands clenched into fists as he fought to regain control of the situation.
Angel's mocking smile never wavered, his eyes locked onto Ilex's like a predator to its prey. "Deceiving you? Oh, Ilex, my dear cousin, I merely wanted to give you the best birthday present," he replied, his tone dripping with saccharine sweetness. "After all, didn't you look so happy after you killed me?"
Ilex's face contorted with desperation and fear as he clutched his sword, his trembling hand pointed at Rose as if she were a pawn in his twisted game of power. The guests watched with bated breath, their hearts pounding in their chests, unsure of what would unfold next.
"Angel, surrender! Or I'll kill her!" Ilex's voice trembled with a mix of rage and terror. The sword's cold blade hovered dangerously close to Rose's throat, and her eyes widened at the threat that loomed before her.
Angel's gaze remained unwavering, his eyes locked onto Rose's for a moment before he turned to face Ilex. There was a calm resolve in his expression as if he had already anticipated this moment and had prepared himself for what was to come.
"Ilex, there are three crucial pieces of the puzzle that you have missed," Angel's voice was steady, his words a measured response to the chaos that surrounded them. "First, I didn't win the hunting competition for Rose. In fact, I had intended to lose from the start, but when you were in grave danger, I had no choice but to take action and eliminate that monster to save you."
"Second," Angel continued, "I knew that the competition was not just about a simple hunting victory; it was a contest to determine the next King of Asteria. After my unexpected triumph, I had every intention of relinquishing the title. I had made a solemn oath before my father's grave to avoid the crown, but before I could voice my decision, you took matters into your own hands and imposed your punishment, ultimately executing me without giving me a chance to explain."
The revelation was like a thunderclap, revealing the true extent of Ilex's treachery and the twisted web of lies he had spun to maintain his grip on power. The hall was filled with a sense of betrayal.
"And third," Angel's voice softened as he spoke of Rose, "she is not my weakness, as you may believe. In fact, she's my sharpest sword.”

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

7