Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 244. Pain And Anger II
120 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 244. Pain And Anger II
That shadowy figure was Angel. He moved with the fluidity of a wraith, his eyes shimmering with an icy determination as he approached the slumbering form of his former nemesis.
The room remained shrouded in darkness. It cast dancing, ghostly shadows across the chamber's stone walls, adding to the air of malevolence that seemed to permeate the very air.
As Angel drew closer to the bed, his gaze never wavered from Ilex, who lay there, seemingly unaware of the impending danger. The moonlight filtered through the narrow window slits, painting Ilex's features with a pale, ethereal glow.
Angel had expected Ilex to be asleep at this hour, exhausted from the events of the day and the physical punishment he had endured. But to his surprise, Ilex's eyes flickered open, just as Angel was about to make his move.
Ilex's senses had been heightened by the unusual aura that seemed to permeate the room. Despite the pain that throbbed relentlessly through his body, he had been unable to succumb to sleep, his mind replaying the day's events in an unending loop.
As his restless gaze drifted across the room, he detected a subtle movement in the shadows. It was a mere flicker, a disruption in the darkness that should have been imperceptible.
His eyes narrowed, a cold shiver coursing down his spine. He strained to see into the obscurity, his heart pounding in his chest. There was something there, something that moved with a malevolent purpose.
The figure, cloaked in black from head to toe, seemed to materialize out of the very night itself. Its cloak billowed slightly as it advanced, the hood casting a deep, impenetrable shadow over its features. There was no sound, no discernible presence save for the ominous aura that clung to it like a shroud.
Ilex almost screamed, his reflex kicked in as he endured the pain and tried to grab his sword that was at his side, a reflex he had as a swordsman since childhood. But Angel drew upon his own formidable aura. It was a power that transcended mere physicality, a dark energy that seemed to emanate from the depths of his being. As if woven from the night itself, this aura extended, tendrils of inky blackness snaking toward Ilex.
The moment these ethereal bonds touched him, Ilex felt a malevolent force grip him, constricting his movements. His muscles, once poised for action, became unresponsive as if they were encased in ice. Panic surged through him as he realized that his sword, once a symbol of his prowess, had become an unwieldy burden.
But the intrusion didn't end there. Angel's sinister power extended further, wrapping around Ilex's mouth, and sealing it shut. A muted gasp escaped from his lips, his voice silenced as effectively as if he were gagged. His eyes, wide with terror, darted between his own blade and the hooded figure that had incapacitated him.
Struggling against the dark aura that ensnared him, Ilex's mind raced. He could feel his strength waning, the pain from earlier magnified by this new torment. Desperation clawed at him, his heart pounding as he tried to comprehend the identity of this malevolent presence.
And then, the realization struck him like a bolt of lightning. It was Angel, his eyes cold and unrelenting. The very person he had tried to eliminate, the one whose life he had sought to extinguish. But the question that gnawed at his mind was why now? Why had Angel chosen this moment, in the solitude of his chamber, to exact revenge?
Angel drew closer to Ilex. There was an unmistakable aura of malevolence, an icy edge in his voice as he whispered words drenched in hatred.
"You don't know how long I've yearned for this, Ilex," Angel hissed, his voice dripping with contempt. "The burning desire to make you pay for every torment you've inflicted upon me, to erase you from my life." Each word was laced with a venomous intensity, a visceral loathing that seemed to resonate in the room.
Ilex, trapped beneath the weight of Angel's hatred, could only offer a silent, impotent gaze. Angel's hand, cold and unyielding, clamped over his mouth, stifling any attempt to respond. Fear and hatred churned within him, a turbulent storm of emotions that manifested in his wide, unblinking eyes.
In that charged moment, Ilex's emotions were complex, a maelstrom of dread and resentment. Even in the face of his own peril, the idea of Angel's demise remained a steadfast anchor in his mind. The profound anger that swelled within him was unmatched, an all-consuming blaze that left no room for remorse or a plea for mercy. The thought of forgiveness had never crossed his mind. Instead, he yearned for Angel's demise, an act of retribution that would satiate his thirst for vengeance.
Angel's voice, cold and disdainful, cut through the room's oppressive silence. "Let us conclude this," he declared, a cruel smile curving his lips. "This is the end, cousin." There was a sinister satisfaction in his tone, a wickedness that hung heavily in the air.
‘Mind Corruption.’

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

5