Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 246. Pain And Anger IV
98 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 246. Pain And Anger IV
Swallowing all the doubts and compassion that still lingered within him, Angel gazed unflinchingly at the grim tableau before him. Ilex, the orchestrator of so much pain and suffering, stood perched on a chair. He had looped the torn curtain tightly around his neck, securing the other end to the ornate chandelier that hung ominously from the ceiling. The chair beneath him had been cast aside, a cruel reminder that there was no escape from the fate he had chosen.
Ilex struggled, his form jerking and contorting in the throes of his last moments, Angel remained steadfast. He knew there could be no turning back, no reprieve for the man who had orchestrated his downfall. The torment, the agony, and the incessant pursuit of his life had brought them both to this chilling juncture.
Then, as swiftly as it had begun, Ilex's struggles ceased. His body hung limply, suspended from the chandelier like a grotesque ornament. The room was filled with an eerie stillness, broken only by the faint, irregular swaying of Ilex's lifeless form. His eyes stared blankly into the void, the flicker of life extinguished forever.
Angel's heart, though shrouded in darkness, felt strangely hollow at this moment. The culmination of his vengeance had brought him little solace. Instead, it left him with a sense of emptiness, a void that could not be filled by the retribution he had so relentlessly pursued.
Angel's eyes, cold and unrelenting, remained locked on Ilex's lifeless form. This was the culmination of a vendetta that had spanned years, a pursuit of retribution that had consumed him since the very moment Ilex had executed him and unleashed chaos upon his kingdom. It was the ending he had anticipated, the justice he had craved, and yet, as he stood there, a curious emptiness gnawed at his core.
He had yearned for this moment, fantasized about it during endless nights of plotting and evasion. Revenge had been his constant companion. He had believed that seeing Ilex meet his end would provide the closure he desperately sought, the vindication of his honor and the redemption of his kingdom.
But now, as he gazed upon Ilex's lifeless body, suspended like a grotesque marionette, something had shifted within him. The satisfaction he had envisioned felt hollow, a mirage in the desert of his hatred. It was as if the very act of revenge, once so intoxicatingly sweet in his imagination, had lost its luster.
Angel's fists clenched involuntarily as he uttered those chilling words, "Good night, cousin." His voice carried an undeniable weight, a potent mix of vengeance and sorrow that hung heavily in the room. It was a farewell laced with the pain that had long enveloped his heart, an end to a chapter that had haunted him for years.
With the finality of his words still echoing in the air, Angel unleashed his teleportation skill, vanishing from the grim scene he had orchestrated.
In the blink of an eye, he reappeared in his own chamber. The room, adorned with regal tapestries and softly glowing candles, was a sanctuary of sorts, a place where the weight of his actions could be temporarily set aside.
There, on the balcony overlooking the moonlit courtyard, Rose awaited him. Her presence brought a measure of solace, a balm to the turmoil that raged within him. They had carefully orchestrated this moment, ensuring that their actions were concealed, their reputation untarnished. It was a strategic move, a means of safeguarding their standing in a place where perception often outweighed truth.
The night air was cool against Angel's skin as he joined Rose on the balcony. Her eyes, pools of warmth in the darkness, met his. She could sense the turmoil that churned within him, the storm of emotions that threatened to engulf him.
"Is it done?" Rose asked softly, her voice a soothing melody that eased the tension in the air.
Angel nodded, his gaze distant as he recalled the haunting image of Ilex's lifeless body. "Yes," he replied, his voice heavy with the weight of what he had just wrought. "It's over."
A heavy silence settled between them, broken only by the faint rustling of leaves in the courtyard below. In the distance, the castle seemed to slumber, unaware of the events that had transpired within its walls.
Rose placed a gentle hand on Angel's arm, her touch a reassurance that he desperately needed. "You did what you had to do," she said, her eyes filled with understanding. "For your kingdom, for our safety."
He nodded again, grateful for her unwavering support. "I know," he whispered, the words a mantra that sought to quell the doubt that lingered within him.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

4