Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 252. Rage I
90 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 252. Rage I
King Gervis' eyes fell upon Angel and Rose, who were in the midst of the crowd, a potent wave of anger surged through his veins. It was a wrath fueled by grief, accusation, and the unbearable loss of his son. His mind became an inferno, consumed by his own tempestuous rage.
In the depths of his despair, King Gervis found himself uncontrollably drawn to the sword, Pride, a symbol of the very quality that Ilex had embodied throughout his life. With an abrupt, explosive motion that left those around him stunned and bewildered, he snatched the blade. In that instant, it was as though the sword was a conduit for the incendiary emotions that had overwhelmed him.
With a swiftness that defied comprehension, King Gervis lunged at Angel, his movements guided by a frenetic energy that seemed to surge through him. He moved like a man possessed, his actions born out of an anguish that transcended words. This sudden, irrational act startled everyone present - Ophelia, the soldiers, and the stunned guests, their expressions caught between confusion and horror.
The guests, who had only recently been roused from their sleep, found themselves spectators to an unthinkable scene. A king, typically a symbol of stoic authority, had transformed into a volatile force, driven by his own unbridled fury. The palace corridors, which had been silent and still only moments before, now bore witness to a chaotic spectacle.
It was a moment when the boundaries of royal decorum and reason dissolved, replaced by a primal and uncontrollable outpouring of emotions. King Gervis' actions had shattered the veneer of his regal composure, laying bare the raw, unfiltered intensity of his sorrow and anger.
In the very moment when King Gervis lunged at Angel with Ilex's sword, Angel’s façade of shock and surprise revealed his true, calculating self. A hint of cold, resolute determination shimmered in his eyes.
The swift motion of the king was met with Angel's controlled reaction. He tightened his grip on Rose, pulling her even closer, creating a protective embrace. It was an instinctual response to shield the one he loved from the impending danger, but his feet remained rooted in place.
- Clang!
Frost's intervention was a lightning bolt of reaction, a skillful clash between a skilled elemental spirit and a desperate king. The resounding clashing sounds reverberated through the corridor, echoing like a thunderstorm in the quiet chamber. As Frost's white sword, gleaming with an otherworldly radiance, deflected King Gervis' attack, his eyes bore into the king's with an icy intensity.
King Gervis, filled with a potent mix of shock and anger, found himself halted by this unexpected defense. The masterful control of Frost's movements was evidence of his training and loyalty. His presence was a stark reminder that any attempt on Angel's life would not go unchallenged.
With a calculated precision, Frost shifted his second sword, pointing it towards King Gervis's neck. The blade hovered dangerously close, a subtle but unmistakable threat. The king, so overcome by his grief and anger, was now confronted by an even more formidable obstacle. The steely resolve in Frost's eyes left no room for negotiation or compromise.
The Euphorion soldiers closed in around King Gervis, their weapons poised, forming an impenetrable barrier. Their swift response displayed the unwavering loyalty and protective instinct characteristic of Angel's defenders.
On the opposing side, the Asteria soldiers, though brave and resolute, were outnumbered. Their efforts to shield their king were admirable but ultimately limited, given the outnumbered odds.
Amid the tumult, the attending guests wisely retreated to safer distances. Their faces, once marked with shock and curiosity, now displayed a spectrum of emotions – from fear to intrigue to concern. The scene was a captivating yet ominous display of clashing loyalties, passions, and power.
King Gervis's lingering anger, etched on his face, was a foreboding reminder that the enmity between the kingdoms ran deep, with personal grievances adding a layer of complexity to an already intricate political web.
Frost, his piercing ice-blue eyes fixed on King Gervis, spoke with a firmness that cut through the tension. "Why are you attacking His Majesty?" he inquired, his tone dripping with disapproval. He couldn't fathom the rationale behind this brazen aggression.
King Gervis, his face a mask of sorrow and bitterness, was finally pushed to offer an explanation. "He killed my son," he declared, his voice heavy with grief and anger, the words laced with accusation.
Angel, who had been standing alongside Rose, spoke. "Killed your son?" he repeated, his voice laced with a mixture of astonishment and disbelief. Then, he decided to make a deliberate point. "Mind elaborating on your accusations, Uncle?" Angel emphasized the familial term deliberately. His goal was to remind King Gervis of their blood ties.
King Gervis, still seething with anger, maintained his icy stare at Angel. "If you didn't punish him yesterday," he hissed, venom dripping from his words, "if you didn't whip him, his pride would not have been wounded. Ilex would not have been driven to commit such a desperate act."

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

4