Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 256. Rage V
86 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 256. Rage V

King Gervis's skepticism was palpable as he scrutinized Artheur. His narrowed eyes bore a weight of warning, a thinly veiled message about the gravity of the situation. "Are you sure? Lies could have dire consequences for your reputation and your kingdom, Artheur," he cautioned, his voice edged with suspicion.

Then, King Gervis's words took a more personal turn, lancing through the air with a pointed accusation. "I know you still have feelings for Princess Rose, even though your engagement has failed, and she is now another man's wife," he said, laying bare Artheur's possible motivations.

It was a calculated strike, a verbal assault launched by King Gervis directly at Artheur's heart and honor. The words hit their mark, and Artheur could feel the collective gaze of the assembly bearing down on him. He realized that King Gervis was pushing him into a corner, and it was happening in front of the nobles from various kingdoms.

But he also knew that King Gervis, in his desperation and frustration, would do everything in his power to divert blame and tarnish the reputation of those he perceived as threats, even at the cost of defaming individuals he once held in high regard.

Artheur had no intention of allowing King Gervis to tarnish his reputation unjustly, and he clung to the unwavering belief that truth should prevail.

"I'm sorry, Your Majesty," Artheur began, his voice steady and his eyes unyielding. "I've settled everything with Princess Rose last night. We have talked and stated that we will walk our own paths. What I said is true as I saw it with my own eyes."

His words were clear and unambiguous, leaving no room for doubt. Artheur's voice held the firmness of someone who believed in the righteousness of his actions and words. He had always held that the truth was a bedrock, a principle he would not compromise.

However, King Gervis remained skeptical, his disbelief evident in his response. "Really? That sounds suspicious to me," he retorted.

Artheur's reply was resolute, delivered with the unwavering conviction of a warrior and a member of royalty who stood firmly by his principles. "Believe it or not, it's up to you. I simply speak the truth. As a warrior and a member of the royalty, I will always stand on the side of truth."

Whispers and murmurs began to ripple through the assembled guests. They had borne witness to the heated exchange between King Gervis and Artheur, and it was impossible to ignore the chivalrous and honorable nature of Artheur's response.

Guests from various kingdoms and backgrounds found themselves impressed by Artheur's unwavering commitment to the truth. His courage in standing up to the king, even in the face of veiled accusations, was admirable. They exchanged knowing glances and nods, silently acknowledging the strength of character displayed by the prince.

While they couldn't deny the weight of King Gervis's statement and the anguish he must be experiencing, the guests found themselves privately applauding Artheur's integrity and sense of honor.

The murmurs, while hushed, were nonetheless widespread, forming a subtle undercurrent of approval that underscored the respect Artheur had earned at that moment. His actions had not only upheld his own reputation but had also garnered the admiration of those who had borne witness to the scene.

King Gervis, now realizing that he needed to shift his approach, decided to dig deeper into Artheur's testimony. He needed a way to challenge Artheur's account without coming across as irrational, and so he sought to find potential inconsistencies or weaknesses in the testimony.

"What time did you see them there?" King Gervis asked Artheur, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. If he could establish that Artheur might have been mistaken about the timing, he could undermine the validity of the testimony.

Artheur, standing firm in his recounting of events, responded, "About two hours past midnight, Your Majesty." He was resolute, not wavering in his statement.

King Gervis, undeterred, sought another angle. "Did anyone else see you walking around? To prove your testimony is valid?" he inquired further, as he attempted to challenge the credibility of Artheur's account.

This line of questioning was an attempt to cast doubt on the accuracy of Artheur's observation. If no one else had seen him on his midnight walk, it could potentially undermine the veracity of his testimony. King Gervis was struggling to regain control of the situation, and he knew he had to try different strategies to sway the proceedings in his favor.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

4