Third Arc (Fallen Heart) – 262. Bloodline V
99 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Third Arc (Fallen Heart) - 262. Bloodline V

A heavy silence hung in the air after Angel's decree. The guests, including Artheur, exchanged glances but refrained from voicing any opinion. It was a delicate moment, and the weight of Angel's authority was palpable. Even Artheur, who might have harbored conflicting emotions, recognized the strategic advantage that Angel had gained.

King Gervis's fatal mistake and the tragic loss of Prince Ilex cast a shadow over the proceedings. The guests, whether out of respect for the grieving family or an understanding of the political nuances, chose to remain silent.

Artheur, too, understood that in this instance, Angel held the upper hand. The circumstances surrounding Ilex's death had created a scenario where Angel's judgment was not only justified but also unchallengeable. The darkening of King Gervis's eyes spoke volumes about the gravity of the consequences.

The absence of dissent or objection in the corridor hinted at a collective acknowledgment of the power dynamics at play. Angel's statements had effectively outlined a new order for Asteria under Euphorion's influence. The guests, though perhaps uneasy with the abrupt turn of events, recognized the inevitability of the changes that would reshape the fate of the kingdom. The corridor, once filled with murmurs and hushed conversations, now stood silent, awaiting the unfolding of a new chapter in the intertwined histories of Euphorion and Asteria.

Angel's question hung in the air, King Gervis felt a surge of anger, his teeth gritted in frustration. The verdict had, in essence, stripped him of his power, reducing him to a mere figurehead. The absence of his soldiers would leave him vulnerable, a stark contrast to the authority he once wielded. The Euphorions, especially with Frost at their helm, now held the reins.

His gaze shifted to Ophelia, his daughter. The weight of responsibility pressed upon him. She was too young and inexperienced to lead, and without him, Asteria's fate seemed precarious. The realization hit him like a heavy blow – his reliance on Ilex had left him unprepared for this dire situation.

King Gervis understood the strategic implications of Angel's decree. It wasn't just a punishment; it was a strategic move that could lead to the Euphorions having control over Asteria in more ways than one. His anger turned inward as he grappled with the consequences of his actions.

The corridor remained silent, echoing the tension between the two rulers. The bystanders, whether out of fear or prudence, dared not intervene in this royal drama. The unfolding events marked a turning point for Asteria, a kingdom now hanging in the balance of political upheaval and personal grief.

Despite his seething anger, King Gervis chose the path of reluctant acceptance. His pride had taken a heavy blow, witnessed by guests from foreign realms, but he knew survival demanded a swallowing of bitter pills.

With a strained calmness, King Gervis addressed Angel, "I accept your decision." The weight of his words hinted at the turmoil within – the sacrifice of his authority for Ophelia's future.

In this pivotal moment, King Gervis was not just conceding to Angel's authority; he was surrendering to a future where his daughter, Ophelia, would need to be prepared for the harsh realities of leadership. The realization that the sheltered life of a princess would no longer suffice gripped him, a stark acknowledgment that his daughter's destiny was now intertwined with the unfolding drama.

At least, even if he couldn’t avoid his tragic fate one day and had to die, King Gervis wanted Ophelia to have the basic skills to survive as a ruler if she had to take over the throne one day or commoner’s basic skill if one day Angel decided to exile her and revoked her royal status. She could no longer live pampered like a gentle princess.

"Excellent," Angel uttered with a coldness that cut through the charged air. His expression remained void of triumph, devoid of any smirk that might have signaled a personal victory. The gravity of the situation seemed to weigh on him, and there was a determination to conclude this swiftly. Angel recognized that pushing King Gervis too far might not be in his best interest. The absence of gloating hinted at a desire to move past this tense confrontation without unnecessary escalation.

>Read 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

4