CHAPTER SIX SO FUN TO TEASE
3.4k 1 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once inside I drop Dylan on the huge oval sofa, sitting beside him and crossing my long legs in front of me. Richard enters, attentive eyes scanning the place up and down, and giving one last look at us as he starts searching the place up, coming and going from the other rooms.

Dylan sits up, looking at me, notebook at hand and eyes shining with excitement, unable to stand still on his seat and unconsciously biting his lips as he thought about what to ask.

“So, for how long have you been a vampire?”

I thought of not answering it, ignoring or even lying, but sooner than later he would become my pet, so what bad would came from telling him some half-truths?

And I could always add Richard to the collection, hum…

“At least 10 years, but I’m not sure.”

“How old were you when you…?”

“Died is the term, and 25.”

He scribbles more, as if making an interview with me.

“Oh, yeah, what’s your name?”

Wasn’t that the first thing you should have asked now? I smile, looking at his collarbone line, the oversize t-shirt showing off part of his slim chest every time he inclined forward.

 “Samael.”

Richard comes back and starts to take off part of his equipment and leaving it on the huge glass table, but still keeps some weapons with him.

Though I doubt any of them had silver bullets in them, they would stink of it and, worst of all, if it was difficult to find, produce and buy those before the apocalypse, now… it was almost impossible.

“Done with your little round?”

He nods, sitting in front of us so he could have a clear view of me and still stay close to Dylan, inclining his body forward and resting his elbows on his knees.

“So… you are really a… vampire?”

Oh, here we go. I smile at him, inclining my face sideways, letting the tips of my incisors show as my eyes shone a bloody red.

He seems surprised, but not scared, his green eyes gazing deep into me.

“What do you think?”

No answer comes, only the silent prevailing until I break it:

“So…” I start, slowly inclining my head to find brown caramel eyes, turning back to the green cat ones. “Now is my turn, right? Why did you say you were looking for me?”

“Well, not exactly looking for you… or for a vampire for that matter” Dylan said, flickering with his curly brown hair. “Only for some, some sort of… supernatural creature?”

“Uhum…” Suspicious. “But you humans don’t seem to really believe in our existence that much. “ I say looking at Richard for a moment. Not enough to send a whole squadron for a mere… search, I think. But better keep some thoughts to myself now. “And why are you looking for my kind for that matter?”

“We are searching for clues to why things turned out this way, with the zombies and all, and some belief that it had a hand of the supernatural.”

“Which would explain why our scientists haven’t found any cure for it yet” Says Richard, leaning back on the seat.

“Well~~ not totally true, there are a lot of possibilities, but knowing the source of the virus would greatly help.”

“Hm… Oh, how impolite of me, been such a bad host, would like some tea? Coffee? Chocolate?”

“All please!” Dylan says, a childish smile on his face. I give a quick look over Richard and see him looking at the happy Dylan with a warm expression for a mere second until the catches me looking and say a simple: “Black coffee please.”

Ohohoho, caught up something interesting here uhm…

Looking between the two I narrow my eyes knowingly.

I stand, Richard standing quickly as well, still very aware of my presence, as I stride by him closely, feeling his warm body near and almost launching myself at him.

But no, I had to savor it… once I broke them there would be no turning back.

I go straight to the kitchen, preparing chamomile tea with sugar and honey, at the same time the others too, a strong smell of freshly made coffee and sweet tea filling the air.

“Ah, I missed those smells so much.” Says Dylan, sitting over the kitchen counter, crossing his arms in front of him to support his chin in a very lazy position. Richard, however, stood straight as a pole between me and Dylan.

“You humans don’t have coffee and tea anymore?” I ask, trying to figure out if there was a camp of them or not, and if yes then how far it was.

“Coffee we still have, but it is so diluted in water that it tastes horrible, tea as well, tasting like pee, not, not that I ever tasted pee before to know, of course… oh, and forget about milk, it spoils so fast that all we have goes to the kids.”

A camp then, with a lot of humans and even kids, with cows possibly… Interesting.

I finish the preparations and put three steaming mugs in front of Dylan, seem him trying to decide which one to sip first as I give the black coffee to Richard, who sips a little, obviously enjoying but keeping a cop face up.

Dylan however…

“Oh my God I almost forgot how real chocolate tastes like and… wait, did you put marshmallows in here? Marshmallows?! How long has it been since I had them!”

He took turns sipping each mug while I drank my own black coffee with a lot of sugar, raising my eyebrow at every comment he made.

Richard, however, looks at me weirdly, then to my mug, and I can see the question forming before he even made it:

“How can you drink coffee? Don’t you feed only of blood?”

There it was! So obvious, hehe. “Well, I can ingest liquids but they don’t satisfy me, only for taste matter of course, so yes, I need blood to function.”

At that, a dirty thought comes to mind and turns into action. I put the mug on the counter, linking my dry lips, and quickly as a cat I shorten the distance between me and Richard, who stunned tried to react only for me to cup his face with one of my hands, holding him in place as my eyes encounter his, my blue iris shining in a mischievous way.

I get even closer, brushing my lips on his earlobe, whispering very close to his ear, tempted to lick him, but keeping centimeters away as to keep the expectation up.

“Do you want to know what others things work as well? Well… I just can say that it would make your heart race, your blood pump faster into my mouth as your body would melt under mine.”

I give in and lick his ear, making him restrain a moan and harden his grip on the mug, as well as try to punch me with his other free arm.

I dodge backward, smiling mischievously at him, letting my dark long hair cascade over my pale shoulders. It was tiny and very restricted, but I saw him shiver when he took my sight in.

“Damn, that was hot.” Says Dylan, hugging one of the mugs with both hands and looking up at us with his big brown eyes.

 “Oh, don’t worry dear Dyaln, I haven’t forgotten about your part of the deal…”

At that he blushes and tries to hide behind his mug. I take my own mug back, feeling a puffing Richard by my side about to break the poor mug in his about-to-rage fit, if I have ever seen one.

“Your deal did not include anything beyond blood.” He states, angry.

“Of course dearie Richard, since when have I said otherwise?”

I see is jaw harden, but it was just too much fun to provoke him; and he gave me the exact person to use against him.

“Dylan babe, was it tasty?” I ask, looking at the mugs.

“Hm! It was good!”

“Do you want a second round? You can have it as many times as you want…”

“I want, yes please! The chocolate please!”

“And how do you want it? Very thick and warm?”

“With a loooot of marshmallows.”

“Coming up.”

I turn to prepare another mug, not before passing my eyes over Richard who was red as a tomato and about to explode.

He.

Hehe.

This would be a lovely week…

71