Vol 7 – Chapter 21 – A Night No One Knows (Part 3)
950 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tek here, ever since I came to this world, I have had an unnaturally high number of encounters with beautiful women--I’m not complaining.

 

“What’s wrong, are you so scared that you can’t talk?” The girl asks with what she seems to think is a daunting pose.

 

Moreover, she’s swinging her arms to match the rhythm of her speech--so her abundant, exposed breasts are shaking and swaying. I can’t help it, but I have been watching her chest instead of her face since a while ago. Yup, they’re quite large for her age, perky and bouncy--

 

“O black-haired Hero, I don’t care why you’re hiding your appearance, but can you entertain me like Yamato? I won’t forgive you if you bore me.”

 

I wonder if she has the See-Through Skill, her eyes are shining a brilliant crimson.

 

I feel slightly sorry for the Demon who’s trying to set up a good mood, but I’m not thinking “How do I defeat this enemy?”, but, “How do I get the Demon out of this girl’s body?” instead. Well-- and, about her naked form. It seems that being aged backwards, also revived my hormones…

 

It might be good to learn ways to exorcise Demons. It’d be terrible if someone I know, got possessed.

 

The time’s girl is up.

 

“Thanks for sacrificing my courtiers, my power has been filled!”

 

She begins to let out cracking sounds--her back is splitting, and the head of a wild boar head comes out.

 

Right as the hairless wild boar Demon starts to make its appearance, the girl’s health drops to 0 in an instant.

 

This isn’t the time to be dumbfounded--take action instead of regretting. I restrain the boar-head Demon by raining down hundreds of Short Stuns. Using Ground Shrink, I smash the Demon’s head and pull the girl’s body away from it.

 

I put the girl’s body, that had just died, into my storage--of it’s in the same place as the blood that had flowed out of her. I cannot do it, but a Priest or Priestess might be able to revive a body that just died--fantasy should be more flexible than Earth.

 

I make a ‘Sera’ folder in Storage, to stop her remains from mixing with other things.

 

“Hmm? What exactly do you intend to do? Rather than worrying about collecting corpses, you should begin pursuing me instead.” The Boar-Head Demon let’s out a rather strange critique.

 

Well, thanks to that waste of time, My Magic Power has recovered.

 

“Since I’ve just been resurrected, I am weaker than during my prime. This is your once-in-a-lifetime chance to win. Now, come at me with all your power!”

 

Violet light ripples across the boar-head Demon, and its body begins to shine golden. It looks like they’re using support Magic like the Demon in Seryuu City. According to the information of my Heads-Up-Display they have ‘Physical Damage: -99%’, and ‘Magic Damage: -90%’.

 

If this is the Demon’s weakened form--just how strong was it in its day?

 

I press the Demon with the same combo that I used to beat the bronze Demon--restraining it with Magic and finishing it off with the Holy Crossbow and Holy Bolt.

 

However, both attacks were prevented without effort.

 

Short Stun and Remote Arrow are repelled just before it touches the Demon’s skin, disappearing. Even though I managed to hit the Demon with those Spells before, it seems that the Golden Skin cancels out all of the Magic.

 

Then the golden boar-head spits something invisible from its mouth, and that invisible attack destroys the Holy Bolt, leaving only a blue afterglow.

 

“This is? I can’t make light of it.” The golden boar-head murmured in a low voice, and lets out a second Magic Chant Roar.

 

I quickly clothed in on it, attacking physically.

 

One meter before my Holy Sword touches the Demon, multiple small shields--like the ones Raka generates--appear before it, and then get crushed by Durandal.

 

They’re just small shields that are easily broken, but--

Little by little, they reduce the Holy Sword’s power.

 

After breaking nearly 100 small shields, Durandal grinds to a stop--I would really like to learn this Magic.

 

“Hmm, it has more attack power than Claiomh Solais that Yamato uses, huh. It should have been able to quickly kill my retainers.”

 

I’m still trying to push through the rapidly regenerating shields even now, but the golden boar-head Demon somehow takes two sword-breakers out of its mouth.

 

I step around one and deflect the other with Durandal--a tremendous power pushes me back. The stone of the ground is gouged out as I am pushed back almost three meters--I use Sky Drive to make a foothold. Which rapidly consumes Magic Power, but it can’t be helped in this situation.

 

Even if I attack, it’s prevented by the multiple small shields--I have to do something about those. The temporary Sword-Breakers that the Demon creates shatter when they touch Durandal, which is slightly ironic, but conversely--I can’t attack the Demon either.

 

***

“I will be more serious,” The golden boar-head Demon covers itself with violet light once again.

 

It’s probably another of this guy’s Unique Skills.

 

The Demon doesn’t hide his Unique Skills, there are three of them: Match For A Thousand, Phantasmagoric, and Unmatched Combatant. I think that all three have now been used.

 

Its two Sword-Breakers are also wrapped in golden light, which seems to have increased their attack power. Their original attack was close to the Holy Sword, but now, they’re most likely stronger than Durandal.

 

So, I quickly take a Holy Shield from my storage and ward off one of the powered-up Sword-Breakers--since my Danger Sense goes off just before the weapon impacts the enchanted metal, so instead of blocking head-on, I redirect it.

 

Durandal is is once again blocked by the multiple small shields.

 

Wait.

 

It still prevents the attack?

 

In other words, even for the Demon, who has a 99% decrease to physical damage, Holy Swords are still dangerous huh.

 

Then, I realize--the Holy Bolt wasn’t stopped by multiple shields, it was destroyed by destruction Magic. So, in other words, the shields stop melee attacks but not ranged ones.

 

Avoiding the Demon’s attacks, I try to come up with a strategy--which is: I will break through multiple small shields, and manually stab it with the Holy Bolt when it can’t destroy it.

 

***

First, in order to break the shields, I have to increase my damage--so I put the shield back into storage and draw out Balmung as well. It’s not a Holy Sword, but its attack power doesn’t fall behind Durandal.

 

Many jet-black rings appear around the golden Demon, they all rush at me--when I try to counter them with Short Stun and Remote Arrow, the Magic disappears as soon it makes contact with the rings.

 

Anti-Magic, huh?

 

I take a stone out of storage and throw it--the ring disappears with the sound of a drop of water on a hot surface.

 

It seems that physical attacks work fine.

 

With little effort, I put a Magic Edge on the Holy Sword, and intercept in the jet-black rings.

 

>>Skill: Holy Edge Acquired.

 

I don’t really know the what the difference between Holy Edge and Magic Edge is, other than it is likely that the first one is more effective against Demons--I quickly level it up to 10 and activate the Skill.

 

Absorbing Magic Power from the Holy Sword, I coat it with Holy Edge--the two Edges look completely identical and the amount of Magic Power used is the same too.

 

I wonder what the difference is.

 

“O Defective Hero, what are you? Even though you can only use Beginner-Grade Magic, your ability to avoid is top-tier, your swordsmanship is superb--yet you only seem to have one technique. It doesn’t look like you’re holding back--you’re like an artificially created hero.”

 

The analysis is too accurate.

 

“I’ve been trying to to turn you into stone with Magic Eye since a while ago, but it’s not working at all.”

 

In the log, messages pop up, one after another. Starting with petrification, a lot of special attacks such as: paralyze, and curse appear--everything has been blocked.

 

Right then, the golden Demon roars--Magic, huh?

 

I cast Shield as a countermeasure, but it’s destroyed by the invisible bullet that the Demon fires at me. It seems that such low-grade Magic is quite useless for defence.

 

As the Shield breaks, I avoid it as well as the Demon’s attacks with its Sword-Breakers. Even though the bullets are invisible--I can see their trajectories because of Space Grasp and Magic Perception. My clothing begins to evaporate because of the bullets passing close by me--I dodge with minimal movements.

 

My skin itches slightly.

 

>>Skill: Destruction Magic: Demon Acquired.

>>Skill: Destruction Resistance Acquired.

 

I quickly activate the Resistance Skill--seeing how close the fight is, when comparing defence, I’d welcome any help that allows me to gain an advantage.

 

The fight isn’t close when it comes to damage, since the Demon isn’t a threat to me--its Magic destroys my clothing and makes my skin itch, its Sword-Breakers barely leave a mark on my skin, but they push me back large distances. But--I can’t break its defenses without pulling out so much Magic Power that I would be the one to flatten the Capital.

 

So, I’m using the Demon to train--and waiting until my Easy Mode gives me a Skill that will allow me to win without sacrifice everyone I am protecting.

 

Dashing forwards with Ground Shrink and Sky Drive, I try to kick the Demon, but the multiple shields manage to prevent it--barely. Since my shoes have been evaporated, my toes ache from the impact. The stone floor is torn up along both the line of my charge, and from the wind from my leg moving through the air, demonstrating the pure power of my attacks--but even though it causes the air in the room to vibrate, the impact is barely negated by the shields.

 

I can feel my blood heating up, enjoying the combat, since I don’t have a time limit--I can play to my heart’s content. This is one of the most dangerous conflict since I came here--though it’s the Capital in danger and not me or the girls.

 

Trying out my Magic, I use Forge. It should be usable as a distraction--while I’m thinking so lightly of the Spell, the multiple small shields burn like scraps of paper.

 

“Inferno, huh? That’s your trump card?” The golden Demon roars again, but I can hear its speech overlapping the noise.

 

In an instant, thunderous roars being echoing around the chamber, over powering my hearing.

 

Oh?

 

It looks like I’ve been hit directly by the Demon’s Magic attack, which seems to have a vast range. The Magic Sword Balmung, the one I’m holding in my left hand, is leaking a deep crimson light--since it’s beginning to rapidly blink, I put it back into storage; in a folder I name ‘Warning, dangerous’.

 

I take out the Magic Sword, Nothung, it its place.

 

>>Skill: Explosion Magic: Demon Acquired.

>>Skill: Explosion Resistance Acquired.

 

It’s surprisingly painful, my skin went red like a light sunburn--it’s surprisingly painful--but my HP barely decreases.

 

I quickly allocate Skill Points to the Resistance Skill and activate it.

 

My minimal injuries heal in the blink of an eye, because of my Rapid Regeneration Skill--but my clothing has been completely destroyed.

 

Since I’m not an exhibitionist, I use Quick Dress and put on my black ‘stealth’ clothing, and black mask.

 

“Hmm, it looks like the equalizing is over.”

 

Equalizing?

 

The Demon’s figure doesn’t look equal at all--burned by Forge, half of its body is inflames. Is it weak to fire? Or it could also be because Forge is an Intermediate-Grade Magic.

 

I generate Holy Edge on both swords and swing them at the same time--invoking Forge to burn the small shields before the blades hit. Although, it seems that the golden Demon expected it. It roars and invokes Explosion Magic, its jet-black rings of Anti-Magic, and the Invisible Bullets.

 

Quickly using Sky Drive and Ground Shrink, I jump into the air and ‘appear’ high in the sky behind the Demon. As Forge tears the shields apart, I cut both of the Demon’s arms with my Holy and Magic Swords.

 

My timing is perfect, and my swords reach the shields just as they crumple and dissipate, passing through them and reaching the Demon’s body. However, ripples spread out from the Demon’s body, preventing the attacks.

 

When the ripple impacts my swords, they stop, but it feels like some kind of protective membrane has been broken. Typically in a game, this kind of Magic could only be used once. Since it shouldn’t be able to prevent indefinitely--I guess I will repeat this attack multiple times.

 

Without looking back, the Demon swings one of its Sword-Breakers, which I block with both swords. This was the Demon’s trap--at the same time my Danger Sense kicks in, 8 rib bones break out of the Demon’s back and try to skewer me.

 

I take evasive action as soon as the Demon’s skin begins to bulge outwards--but they accelerated at a speed much greater than I had predicted.

 

The bones manage to penetrate a few centimeters into my body--It hurts…

 

While enduring the stabbing pain, I break the spears by swinging one of my swords in front of my body. The spears are pulled out of my body, and clatter to the ground--the pain quickly disappears and my wounds heal over.

 

The Demon is still in the middle of fixing its posture, but I won’t let it. I cast Forge at the Demon--seeing the Magic that its about to invoke in response, I stab the core of the gathering Magic Power with Durandal, destroying it.

 

Even while the Demon is being burned with Forge, it can still move--it throws away its Sword-Breakers and catches me with both its massive hands. Squeezing me, trying to crush me. Such incredible strength, it’s surprisingly painful.

 

I fire another Forge at the Demon--which is now too close to me to deflect or stop the Spell. The invoked crimson flame roasts the Demon’s body--and as the one who casts the spell at such a close range, I’m not safe either.

 

My black costume becomes ash.

 

But, thanks to my Fire Resistance, my skin becomes red, but I don’t even get burns.

 

Well, no, it’s really hot.

 

It seems that I’m the winner of this contest of endurance--the Demon’s grip is loosened.

 

The momentary chance is enough, I enlarge the gap and wriggle an arm free--taking out a Holy Bolt, and driving it into the Demon’s abdomen. The Demon’s abdomen and defenses are destroyed--but it isn’t dead yet.

 

I pour all of my remaining Magic Power into the Holy Sword Durandal in one go, and activate the Holy Edge Skill. I split the Demon’s body into two, and even while fire and smoke spout from its body, the golden Demon raises one of its fists into the air, swinging its last blow.

 

The track of blue light, from Flash Slash, severs its heart--the blue light penetrates all the way through the Demon’s body and causes it’s upper body to explode into a cloud of gore.

 

While stepping back, opening a distance, I take out a Health and Magic Power Recovery Potions--and drink them one after another.

 

It’s still too early to be relieved. If it died with just this damage, it couldn’t be called a Demon Lord.

 

Yes, the Demon’s name is Golden Wild-Boar King, and it’s a level 150 Demon Lord.

 

It’s only half my level--but it is much more experienced with its power, and much older, which is how it could fight me on an equal level so far.

 

Now then, shall we begin the third round?

24