Vol 8 – Chapter 10 – To The Duke’s Castle
950 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tek here, they say that the quickest way to someone’s heart is through their stomach--I always thought that was advice on how to stab someone.

 

“Chevalier, a messenger has come from the Duke’s Castle.” Shelna said, she is covering her mouth, and badly hiding the laughter in her tone.

 

Right now, I’m being treated like a dress-up doll by Arisa, under the pretext of a fitting session for the ball.

 

“Did you make any promises?” I ask Shelna, while moving away from Arisa--who had finished measuring me--and using Quick Dress, I changed into the robe that Lulu had prepared. Taking a quick glance in the mirror that Liza is holding, I see that my hair isn’t too disordered, I leave the room to go to the messenger.

 

The one waiting in the reception room is the Duke’s Consul’s Aide’s assistant--he’s saying that the Duke wants to meet me in secret. So, in other words, it must be about the matter with the prince yesterday.

 

It shouldn’t possibly be because of Sera--even if Ringrande makes a fuss over the misunderstanding, Sera is still a Priestess of Tenion temple. Her name isn’t Sera Oyugock, but ‘Sera, she’s probably a nun--or this world’s equivalent. So even if I were to make advances at her, we won’t be able to do anything.

 

Just in case, I ask the messenger is he knows about the subject of the meeting, but he doesn’t know the details.

 

For now, I’ll have Arisa follow me to the castle.

 

“Arisa.”

 

“What? This looks good on me, right? You can praise me to your heart’s content.”

 

 

She’s wearing a maid uniform modeled after a french maid, and her blond wig isn’t only styled in a twin tail--but they’re also loosely rolled. So, this is the reason as to why she asked me to make a Magic Tool similar to a hair iron.

 

“Yeah, it’s definitely cute. However, we’re going to the castle, so take it off--”

 

Before I can finish my sentence, she begins stripping with a grin.

 

“And wear proper clothing.” I rolled by eyes at her--but I didn’t forget to watch closely, which she seemed to like.

 

“But, if I wear the slave collar and the maid uniform, won’t you suddenly get an immoral urge, and become tempted to push me down?”

 

“Yes--so will most of the other guys.” I poke my tongue out at her.

 

She giggles, and looks very happy, with flushed cheeks--she wears normal clothing.

 

***

“Leon has written in the letter that Sir Felspar isn’t only well-versed in Swordsmanship and Magic--one of his slaves is very good at cooking.”

 

I wonder what else Baron Muno wrote in his letter.

 

Arisa and I are back in the same room as the one that I met the Duke in, a few days ago. However, not only are there the secret bodyguards around--Ringrande is also here.

 

“Hmm, your swordsmanship yesterday is quite good, but you can also use Magic, huh? Next time when I’m coaching you, I’ll have the combined techniques of swordsmanship and Magic--”

 

“Rin.” The Duke looks at Ringrande with a tolerant expression.

 

“Oh my, I’m sorry Grandfather.”

 

According to the information Shelna gave me, it seems that the Duke spoils his Grandchild, Ringrande.

 

I also got bonus information, apparently the third son of the Duke, the one who kidnapped Sera for the Wings of Liberty, is currently under house arrest under the guise of recuperation in one of the Spires.

 

Hearing that, I checked my map. The members of Wings of Liberty, except the ones that have been gather in Earl Bobi’s mansion, are all imprisoned in the dungeons below the castle.

 

“And so, I’d like it if your slave could cook for the ball tonight.” The Duke said.

 

“I don’t know what the Baron has described in regard to her cooking--but the meals she knows are foods that were originally suited for commoners. She doesn’t know any recipes for high-class dishes--” I hate talking about Lulu’s talent like that--but I don’t want the Duke to cause problems because of high expectations.

 

“I do not mean for her to make every dish in the banquet, I don’t mind if she makes the dish called ‘Tempura’ that Leon has written about.” He looks at me with glinting eyes.

 

As for the Tempura--Arisa taught the dish to Lulu.

 

I liked some Japanese foods when I was on Earth--but the only one I could make was sushi--and even then 90% of the time I failed with getting the rice to stay in when I wrapped it.

 

“Then, I will see what my slave can do--I hope she can live up to the Duke’s expectations.”

 

***

“You, good sir over there, I’ve got just the riight ideas to perk it up.”

 

Uhh, Arisa, what’s with that strange way of talking?

 

“Please, say it normally?”

 

“It’s okay isn’t it? Just for a bit.”

 

Summarizing Arisa’s suggestions, they’re ideas that she got from Mangas--Lulu is listening with fascination, while Tama, Pochi, and even Liza are nearly drooling.

 

After I went back to the mansion to get the girls, because Lulu was the one who could cook, we were lead into the kitchen by a maid--it’s almost like a battlefield, since a lot of cooks are preparing innumerable dishes.

 

***

In the end, Lulu, with the help of Liza, prepared two kinds of dishes.

 

The first is the Tempura that the Duke himself requested.

 

The second is Aspic Jellies--Arisa suggested that Lulu makes it from colourful ingredients so it looks more attractive.

 

“Oh, he’s the man that Rin mentioned, is he?”

 

“I’m Tek Felspar, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

 

“Ooh, the Hero of the defensive battle of Muno City. Toruma boasted a lot about you. You’ve also done well in Gururian City, I’ve heard.”

 

The man currently speaking to me is Ringrande’s father, the next Duke.

 

Oh, so Toruma is the cause of a lot of this--

 

“Sera is a gentle, good, child--but she’s not suited to the lifestyle of the nobles. Moreover, right now, she left the Duke house for the temple. If you want to take that child back to the secular life, you have to persuade the Saintess from the Tenion temple first.” He looks at me with a fatherly expression--but there was no hostility in his eyes.

 

“The thing about me wooing Sera is a misunderstanding on Ringrande’s part--” I explain myself normally to the next Duke, and the misunderstanding seems to have been cleared--if I ignore the amused glint in his eyes--I wish Ringrande would follow his example.

 

“Oh? Have you changed your job from a remote Hero, to a servant?” The third prince appears wearing noble clothing while speaking in a mocking tone. Today, he’s only bringing the other of the Holy Knights, the battle-maniac boy doesn’t seem to be here.

 

There’s no need for him to come here deliberately, what an annoyance.

24