Vol 8 – Chapter 17 – The Battle In The Arena
917 0 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tek here, it seems that whale meat is well liked by many of the Asian cultures--I once tried it out of curiousity, and it’s not too bad.

 

In the end, I lost the timing to attack while I was hesitating. For the time being I guess, I should ensure that no one dies.

 

Using Ground Shrink I moved from the spire to the audience seating at the arena. The Duke and the King’s body-double--are still having a hard time.

 

Alright, let’s try this out here.

 

I recently got the Magic called Magic Hand. This is a Magic that a Nature Magic user is almost guaranteed to get when they get the ability to use Intermediate-Grade Magic.

 

It’s probably easier to understand if I describe this as the Mage equivalent of the Psionic ability: Psychokinesis. But unlike their Psyker counterparts--Mages primarily use Magic Hand to reach across a room without moving, or to scratch their backs.

 

Unskilled Mages can only exert the same level of power as their physical bodies with Magic Hand. So, rarely any Mages ever us this Spell in a fight.

 

Following the mastery of the Nature Magic Skill, the number of hands that I can deploy with Magic Hand have also increased, just like with Remote Arrow--similarly, if someone who excels in Magic Manipulation uses Magic Hand, it can reach quite far--It my case, I can extend 120 hands over 500 meters each.

 

It seems that even among the Mages in the world, one that can skillfully use more than 2 Magic Hands is quite rare.

 

Innumerable Magic Hands smoothly extend--and I use them to seize the three Monsters that block the way of the Duke and his companions, and throw them into the arena.

 

The handling is a little difficult.

 

Before long, I will be able to get the Magic Hands to hold swords, and fight like a Hecatoncheir.

 

The Duke’s escorts are surprised to see the Monsters suddenly removed from their their path, but it seems that they prioritize getting the Duke to escape over investigating the cause. There are some people looking for the person who removed the Monsters, but no one notices me. Apparently, this is thanks to the Skills I learned during the infiltration mission before.

 

***

Now then, it seem that the people who can’t fight Monsters have finished evacuating. Of course, I didn’t only watch the evacuation as it happened. I was working catching people who got left behind, with Magic Hand, and then throwing them to the escape passage.

 

The Monsters near the Hero’s party, and the yellow-skinned Demon, are in pain. Thanks to the Provoke Skill used by the Hero, the Monsters always go back to him no matter how many times I’ve thrown them away.

 

I decide to leave two Monsters, who are particularly stubborn, to the Hero’s part. That Tigerkin and Dogkin will probably be able to defeat them.

 

Only Six Monsters remain.

 

It’d be nice if the prince and his cohorts help to exterminate the Monsters, but for some reason, they’re going towards the yellow-skinned Demon--so the number of Monsters aren’t decreasing.

 

Such inefficient people.

 

The Eight Shiga Sword man has left the battle, maybe because the damage he obtained from the yellow-skinned Demon in the beginning of the fight, is bad.

 

The battle-maniac boy was fighting against the yellow-skinned Demon, which is quite amusing, but he has fainted after receiving an attack from the Demon’s tail. The stomach portion of his armour is dented, but looking at his HP, it doesn’t seem to be a wound that’ll kill him. It should be fine to leave him alone--looking at his position, it doesn’t seem like he’ll get caught up in a ranged attack anyway.

 

***

The party fighting the War Mantis seems to be fine. A heavy warrior, a Magic warrior, a Mage, and a Priest carrying a polearm are the party fighting it--they have a pretty good balance.

 

Of course, they aren’t the only party like that around.

 

Two knights which are in the lower level 20s, but since their retainers are high leveled, they’d be fine.

 

I wonder if it’s okay to use that here?

 

No-on-is-looking, right?

 

I use Toss Stone in secret.

 

It’s an Elementary-Grade Earth Magic, but since it hits the Monster’s weak abdomen from below, it pierces straight through and is quite helpful. Even though the Pill Bug is left hanging in the air by the Stone Lance in it’s abdomen, it’s still alive.

 

The Monster’s remaining HP is only around 20%.

 

As for the rest, the knights can just rush in and attack from a position where they can’t be counterattacked, and it’s history.

 

The next party seems to be a mish-mash.

 

Even though there are two shield users, they don’t seem to be able to use the Provoke Skill. As the result, the Monster aims for the attacker, and the rear guards devote themselves to healing the attacker instead of casting Attack Magic.

 

I stealthily invoke 10 Remote Arrows, sniping the cricket’s leg joints from behind. They seem surprised with the sudden fire support, but with this, I can probably leave them unattended without a problem.

 

This party seems to be the one struggling the most, even though the other parties are struggling, they’re fighting to stay alive--sometimes they need help, so keep a Magic Hand on the Monster and just absorb Magic Power from it.

 

***

The yellow-skinned Demon seems to be the companion of the red and blue Demons who where there with the Demon Lord. I wonder--if I tell it that the Demon Lord has been defeated, would it be docile for the next 66 years?

 

Nevertheless, the three orb floating above the yellow-skinned Demon sure are interesting. Even if the Hero and his party dealt great damage to the Demon, the orbs immediately recover his lost health. After checking on them with my Heads-Up-Display, it seems that they’re called Cure Orbs.

 

Oh?

 

My Danger Sense is warning me to something high in the sky?

 

There’s a massive Summoning Magic Circle, over there.

 

I don’t know what will be summoned, but it’s fine to just immediately get whatever pops out of it from here, alright?

 

And then, the thing that comes out of it is--

A whale?

 

It’s flying in the air, and about 300 meters long, but it’s unmistakably a whale. I don’t think that even the blue whale grows this big though?

 

The Monster’s name seems to be Great Monstrous Fish.

 

Anyone who sees it for the first time, must be thinking, “A flying whale?”

 

The Hero and his companions look surprised--of course they would be.

 

I mean, when it’s that big, I don’t imagine that you see Monsters that large and powerful very often. My eyes met with the Great Monstrous Fish’s eyes unintentionally--it trembled slightly.

 

But, there wasn’t only one--another six come out of the giant Sky Hole…Summoning Circle.

 

***

Now then, since I mustn’t allow the Great Monstrous Fishes to attack, I could easily withstand. But the others wouldn’t be able to. So, I decide to cut off their heads with Laser and immediately put them into storage.

 

I actually wanted to test out Excalibur’s sharpness on it, but since they’re too big, it just won’t reach.

 

A single Laser shot is weak, so let’s use it together with Condense. I’ve been able to shoot multiple shots after I leveled the Skill up. When I unify them into one, with Condense--the power and convergence will be massively increased.

 

I simulate the trajectory by using Space Grasp and Radar together.

 

The exposure time would be slightly insufficient, so I decide to shoot it like a consecutive pulse laser. I can use the Magic consecutively just fine, but it’ll take some time, and I don’t want them to have the chance to hurt anyone I know--well, they can feel fine to eradicate the third prince, and maybe the hero…If he’s anything like a normal Hero summoned from the Japans in Light and Web Novels.

 

Flash.

 

It now smells like a thunderstorm nearby, the pulse laser penetrates straight through the Whale’s necks like a guided guillotine--following their route through the sky, shooting out into the clouds beyond.

 

Alright!

 

It’ll be catastrophic if those gigantic masses fall down, so I promptly use Ground Shrink and Sky Drive to get close to the falling corpses--collecting them into storage.

 

The Arena that had been wrapped in a chaotic mayhem until now, suddenly became quiet.

 

>>Title: Great Monstrous Fish Slayer Acquired.

>>Title: Phantom Technique User Acquired.

>>Title: Light Technique User Acquired.

28