Vol 8 – Intermission – Head Priestess Of The Tenion (Part 2)
901 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV: Head Priestess of the Tenion Temple (Yu Tenion)

 

“Head Priestess, I’m home!”

 

Sera enters the sanctuary while looking livelier than ever--this child always looks happy, but it’s rare for her to be this cheerful.

 

“What happened, Sera? Did you meet your lover?”

 

“I-It’s not like that! Chevalier isn’t my lover.”

 

This child is really bad at lying.

 

Since I was a bit interested, I asked about that Chevalier person.

 

“There’s this Chevalier who helped me with the food distribution, it felt like I had met him before, mysteriously--it’s been on my mind all day. Right, he’s a person who has a similar atmosphere to you, tender, or rather, flexible, nimble? How should I put it--”

 

While hearing Sera speaking fondly of her love, I’ve had my suspicion that this Chevalier person might be Sine Nomine from the other day, even though it’s unfounded--I wonder if it’s because I’ve been thinking about Sine Nomine all the tile lately.

 

It’s not love at an old age, you know?

 

I received an Oracle, because I did the ceremony that I did on the dawn of the day Sera was resurrected--it said that the Demon Lord who was supposed to revive in the Duchy Capital, had been annihilated.

 

Of course, I immediately sent a messenger to the Duke, but it can’t be announced publicly yet, since there are the honour of other temples to be considered--of course, the King had promised that he would definitely announce it, so it will probably be announced during the Kingdom Conference that will be held in Spring.

 

“Head Priestess, you look really happy about something, you know? Did you get a lover?”

 

“Fufufu, I was just engrossed in thoughts about Sine Nomine.”

 

It looked like she wanted to counter--but she’s still too soft, huh. To be so upset about my joke.

 

Fufufu, her heart is restless, like she’s really in love.

 

When the Demon Lord season is over, it might be a good time for me to retire from the position of Head Priestess.

 

I don’t think that Sera will forgive her duty, but let’s give her a warning to keep the relationship within a healthy scope, just to be sure. A Priestess won’t be able to receive oracles if she loses her virginity--it might be cruel for a teenage girl, but she has to wait until an Oracle states that the Demon Lord Season is over.

 

***

I met Sera’s lover--it might be better to call him a candidate--in the Duke’s Castle. He’s really popular, and surrounded by girls. Oh my, oh Sera. If you have such a face, he’ll laugh at you, you know?

 

Still, what a nice smell--it’s not just the sweetness from sugar, since I know that it’s out of stock.

 

However, this voice.

 

It’s exactly like Sine Nomine though--I wonder if he’s his twin brother?

 

His level is around half of Sine Nomine’s, and even his Skills are different. The things that are the same are his age, voice, and hair colour--I guess his height is about the same too.

 

Since I was together with old acquaintances from the Parion and Garleon temples, who I happened to meet when I was congratulating Tisrad for his wedding, I whispered leading words to Tek--but rather than getting shaken, he looked perplexed instead. It looks like I was mistaken.

 

I might be thinking about Sine Nomine too much--I shouldn’t be one to make fun of Sera…I look like a maiden in love.

 

***

The World Crisis came unexpectedly early.

 

Despair?

 

I think that word is more hopeful than the scene right now.

 

It can be seen from the sanctuary at the Duke’s Castle, the great monstrous fish, also called ‘Tovkezeera’ emerge from the huge Summoning Circle nearby. It’s the incarnation of destruction that brought about the deaths of many countries during the time of Yamato--the aerial fortress of the Great Demon Lord.

 

I can’t see the status since it’s too far away, but I can’t even speak because of its overwhelming presence.

 

Thinking that it’d be fine as long as Sine Nomine is here might be too optimistic of me--I collapse on the sofa, even without having the margin to worry about Sera, who has gone out.

 

Several of the Monster that can destroy the Duchy Capital alone appear from the Summoning Circle and swim to the Arena.

 

Seven--Great Monstrous Fish.

 

Far from just the Shiga Kingdom, all the countries on this continent will disappear.

 

Ah, I wonder if I have no choice but to call the Heavenly Dragon, even if it means destroying the Kingdom--it’s the friend of Yamato who’s living on the ranges of Mount Fuji. There’s no choice but to use the Dragon Summoning Crown, Fellow Crown, that’s sitting on the King’s head--that can only be used once, to summon the Dragon.

 

It’s as if seven Demon Lords have appeared.

 

I want to rush to the arena to support them, but I have to be here--since Sine Nomine most likely has filled the Resurrection Artifact as an insurance in the in case his friends die.

 

I watch over the end of the Duchy Capital, while patting the head of a frightened Apprentice Priestess, who is terrified.

 

There’s no meaning in taking shelter underground if the Monsters you’re are hiding from can cause damage much greater than the Defense Magic of the Sanctuary.

 

Then, there is a flash.

 

When the light subsides, there are the figures of Great Monstrous Fish that have had their heads severed. They also dissolve as though wiped from the Sky--no, maybe I should say that they disappear.

 

The sudden attack on the Duchy Capital disappears more abruptly than when it arrived.

 

It’s all too quick, no one even falls victim to the Monsters.

 

Sine Nomine--is that you, I wonder?

 

I felt convinced that, as if I received an Oracle.

 

Ahh Tenion--thank you very much for sending that person to this land.

23