Vol 9 – Chapter 4 – At The Town Of Magic Hunters (Part 3)
827 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tek here, false accusations always appear no matter the society. But, in a world that has social positions, they can unreasonable accuse you of crimes. In England, usually you can entrust it to the court and your lawyer, but in a fantasy world--being passive is usually fatal.

 

Two guards dismount their horses and approach us, “Oy, come with us to the station.”

 

“That person is still a noble--even though he’s like that. Come obediently. I’ll let you try to appear for your life at least.”

 

It looks like I’ll have a bad time if I obediently follow them.

 

So, I take out my silver ID and show it to the guards.

 

“T-This is, so you were a noble! Just, how long have you been here?”

 

“I arrived several hours ago. Rather than that, I’ve never seen that noble, even in the Duchy Capital, where is he from? I don’t think that even an Honourary Noble of the Shiga Kingdom will try to use large-scale Magic attack in the middle of a town.”

 

It feels wrong to speak like this, I’m trying to sound like a noble--and ignoring the curious gazes from Tama and Pochi, who strangely also blush a little.

 

Now, I put the guards on the defensive, “Is Baronet Poton aware of this behaviour? Depending on the situation, I may need to inform the Duke and Marquis Lloyd of this.”

 

The guards avert their gazes.

 

This must mean that the Baronet is an accomplice, or rather, he’s authorized the acts.

 

I have a reason for cornering the guards here.

 

The Baronet in question is coming here, followed by several bodyguards. If I had let myself get cause, I would need to physically suppress them and that would make the talk much more complicated.

 

“Oy, guards! That’s the criminal who raised his hands against Marquis Dasles. Arrest him, quick!” The Baronet who’s just arrived, arrogantly orders the guards.

 

He’s a plump man in his 40s, and he looks like an underling. When he sees me standing there calmly, he becomes disturbed and avoids my arms.

 

“Marquis Dasles? There shouldn’t be a noble like that in our kingdom. A person who should have been protecting the town couldn’t possible not only overlook the atrocities of a foreign noble, but even aid him, could he?” I calmly approach the Baronet who’s opening and closing his mouth.

 

Since I’m empty handed the guards aren’t doing anything.

 

I take out a letter from my bag and give it to the Baronet--it’s something that Marquis Lloyd had written when I told him that I was going to Puta.

 

Baronet Poton drops his line of sight towards the letter, with a doubtful expression on his face, but when he sees the sealing wax that’s pressed with Marquis Lloyd’s house crest, his face stiffens. Opening the letter timidly, he reads it--then his face turns blue and he fainted just like that.

 

There shouldn’t be anything significant written in this letter, at most, there’s probably an instruction to accommodate me while I’m in this town. However, the fact that I’m an acquaintance of Marquis Lloyd, and a close one at that, is probably conveyed with this letter.

 

If I report his deeds to Marquis Lloyd, at best, he’s going to get stripped of his duty and power--although he probably won’t be executed, but his peerage might be passed down to his child and be forced to retire.

 

I didn’t think that I would get to use my connection like this.

 

“I’ll stop by Baronet Poton’s mansion tomorrow--I expect you to give the proper judgement to Dasles before then.” I said this to the guards, in the place of the fainted Baronet.

 

These people seem to be the kind who will try to save their own necks, so they will probably deal with the troublesome Fire Mage. It would be a different if he was healthy--but now they should be able to easily restrain him.

 

Applause breaks out from the surrounding…it’s very embarrassing.

 

Tama and Pochi are staring at me, their eyes strangely a little glassy. I wake them up with a pat on their heads. When I ask them, they said that they liked when I was commanding--it makes a little sense with Pochi, since dogs are usually pack animals who follow Alphas. Or it could be something to do with being raised as slaves.

 

>>Title: The Official Who Protects The People Acquired.

>>Title: Condemner Acquired.

 

***

After the uproar, I decide to go to an information broker--unfortunately there isn’t anything important. At most it’s only information about the road that goes to the mountain range where Bornean is. The road seemed to have been until 200 years ago, but the Wyverns and Monsters have inhabited the mountain range.

 

Now, even the farthest village, which is 10 kilometers from here, has been engulfed by the grass. Well, if that’s true, I can just cut the grass with the Wind Magic Wind Scythe, and repair it with Earth Magic.

 

When Pochi, Tama and I arrive at the inn, there is the smell of something good drifting through the air.

 

“We’re back.”

 

“Welcome back--ah, good. The innkeeper has said that the meal will be ready soon.”

 

“Master, they said that they can bring the food here, but they recommend that we eat in the dining room since there aren’t many guests.”

 

“Did you ask whether it was fine for non-humans?”

 

“Of course, and he said it’s okay.”

 

I give the melons to Mia, as souvenirs.

 

“Then, let’s go to the dining room.”

 

What has been cooked for dinner is a simple roast, with vegetable such as tubers and carrot-like things.

 

An intruder came before we finished eating. The single-armed boy from earlier enters the inn while swinging his left arm, “Ooh, what a nice smell. Noble, thanks for before. These are the two copper coins I borrowed--it was really helpful.”

 

I receive the two copper coins he holds out.

 

There was probably a quarrel when he was getting his reward. The corner of his mouth is cut, and there is a bruise on his right cheek--I think this child needs to learn not to be so headstrong…he won’t live long if he doesn’t.

 

He orders grilled fish with a white sauce, which costs 2 copper coins.

 

“If you spend so much, won’t you be unable to enter the town again?”

 

“That’s a talk for that time. I don’t know when I will die, so I’m gonna eat delicious things.”

 

Maybe this kid has brain damage--

 

I’m a bit worried when the three Beastkin girls nod to his words, but I will make sure that they won’t die--and I will try to stop them from falling into the depravity that is gluttony…

 

The Innkeeper overhead when the kid mentioned the white sauce--which was mayonnaise, if I was to guess by the taste…not that I really cared since I really dislike mayonnaise since it makes me queasy. The Beastkin girls didn’t care about it, since its taste ‘corrupted’ the meat, and Arisa commented that she had the same reaction as I did--though Lulu still made a note of it, and what looked like a list of things that she seemed to think it was made of.

 

The Innkeeper said that the recipe was given to him by a man who was missing an arm--who’s name was apparently John Smith.

 

That man, John Smith, I bet was the third person summoned from Menea’s Kingdom--the one who was an idiot who insisted on running off alone…I’m surprised he managed to live this long.

 

Nana, who has finished her meal earlier, turns towards the entrance and suddenly stands up. Concealing her body, she reinforces her physical strength--moving so fast that normal people’s eyes wouldn’t be able to follow her, to the entrance. She comes back with a big smile on her face while holding two Ratkin children in her arms--they are struggling desperately, but they’re no match for the physically reinforced Nana.

 

Oh?

 

Nana has become able to control her face well enough to smile?

 

Well, I thought I saw her make some expressions while we were at the Duchy Capital, each time her face was more expressive--so it seems that she only needed time, her voice is still monotone though.

 

“Master, I have safeguarded the young organisms. Requesting permission to feed them.”

 

The three Beastkin girls, who were the last ones still eating, seem to have finally finish--and there is a lot of meat remaining--so it should be alright.

 

When I give permission, Nana feeds the meat to the Ratkin children, while looking deliriously happy--she would probably make a good mother, some time.

 

At first, the Ratkin children were surprised, but when they understood that they could eat, they began to quickly gulp the meat down.

 

Dinner ended with a lively and fun atmosphere.

 

There are three people who will be guarding the separate building where we will be staying. They’re rather useless, since they are only level 15 and don’t even have any anti-stealth Skills. However, since the presence of these guards will discourage thieves, it might, might be fine with just this.

 

However, I decide for us to have our usual guard shifts that use while out camping--there’s no one to restrain the subordinates of that stupid noble, so they may come attacking after all.

24