Vol 10 – Chapter 18 – Temporary Residence (Part 2)
769 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tek here, my family has moved a lot, and at least one of them needed renovations and cleaning. So I have had some experience with cleaning and repairing buildings--though I never thought I would do it in a fantasy world.

 

Led by the three, I go behind the stable, where the five 10 - 13 year old children are sitting down. It’s a bit late, but I check their details now. The map indicators default settings only show races and levels.

 

The children don’t seem to have eaten for a long time, and they’re debilitated to a dangerous degree. Judging from the well earlier, they probably haven’t drunk enough water either. Their consciousness seems to be muddy as well, only one of them reacts to our presence, and they aren’t moving either.

 

I quickly give nutrient supplements to them, moreover, I heal their wounds with Magic. Every child has wounds that are bordering on turning into gangrene, with bone fractures on their limes and other awful lacerations. There was a child with some malformed bones because of a fracture, but I was able to correct it by diligently applying Healing Magic.

 

“How is it?”

 

“Ah, their lives are no longer in danger. I’ve healed them, and they have had nutrients, so they’re sleeping at the moment. After some time, give them some water and the nutrient supplements again. They should be fine if we give them a light porridge tomorrow morning.”

 

“As expected of Master. Unrestrained praises are overflowing!”

“I’m glad”, “So glad!”

 

I’ll leave Nana to nurse these children.

 

I felt sorry if I left them to sleep on the ground like that, so I spread out the felt that we usually used in when camping, I also put a soft sheet on top of it, and laid them down on it.

 

***

“Spiderwebs?”

“It’s sticky.”

“Tek.”

 

Mia, who’s covered in spiderwebs, and Pochi who’s also in the same state with her ears flopping down, have tears in their eyes.

 

That’s why I said to let me go first.

 

The result of checking the inside of the mansion; beside one section of the floor that has rotted, everything else is only covered in spiderwebs, so we should be able to do something about it.

 

It’s a two-story building which also has an attic and a basement. It’s about twice the size of a normal house. The basement door was camouflaged as a wine cellar, but there is a cleverly hidden door that lead to a room that was fully loaded with machines for a certain fetish. I wasn’t sure of what to do with it, since I don’t think any of the girls leaned that way--but who knows what the future holds--so I stored all of the machines.

 

My action was correct apparently, I told Arisa what I found, and showed her, she said that it was smart to keep them just in case. I was pretty sure I could make more interesting things if I had time, and Arisa suggested some ideas…but we decided not to play with them just yet.

 

Let’s make a dummy laboratory here.

 

There are two separate buildings for visitors who stay over, and for servants, beside the main building. The visitor building is two-stories, like the main building, while the servant’s building is more of a bungalow.

 

Only the main building has a dining room.

 

“It’s quite wide, huh. How long will it take to make this habitable?”

“We should be able to make it in five days, if it’s just us, maybe?”

 

Lulu tilts her head while replying to Arisa’s fed up words.

 

“Lulu, as expected, it’s impossible for just us five to clean such a wide area like this. Master, how about letting the children that you’ve treated this morning help? If it’s just miscellaneous work like weeding or wiping things with a cloth, they should be able to do it without any skills.”

 

“You’re right, let’s do it that way. Liza and Arisa, hire the children in front of the west guild, the rewards are 1 copper and a dinner. I guess that 10 children should be enough? You can increase or decrease it as you want, I’ll leave it to you two.”

 

“Tek.”

“Yes, Mia?”

 

Mia pulls my sleeves from behind, she said that she wanted to go to the Mansion of Ivy, so we teleported there using the carved Seal Board. Since Tama and Pochi are still mowing the weeds in the garden, Lulu stays behind in the mansion.

 

***

“Leriril, cleaning.”

“Misanalia, to this abandoned house?”

“Nn.”

 

Mia’s business was about taking Leriril. She certainly has the Cleaning Skill, she’s a Brownie after all.

 

“Tek.”

“What is it?”

“Become beautiful.”

 

I took a second to understand what Mia wanted, she wanted me to release the Spirit Light that I usually suppress. I don’t really understand, but she probably has something in mind, so I just release it like she asks.

 

“Nn, beautiful.”

 

Leriril looked surprised, but Mia urged her to use Magic, “******** ** -- *****, House Cleaning.”

 

After the long chant is over, the indoor becomes sparkling clean. I lift my foot out of curiousity, and see that even where it was, has also become clean.

 

>>Skill: Spirit Magic: House Fairy Acquired.

 

Spirit Magic type, huh. Even though Leriril doesn’t seem like she can see Spirits, she can use Spirit Magic it seems.

 

Lulu rushes here from the kitchen with a pitter-patter.

 

“Master, the floor suddenly sparkles! Oh my? Lirerel, welcome.”

“Hey little girl! I’ve already said that I’m Leriril!”

“Oh my, I’ve said that I’m Lulu, not ‘little girl’ right. Have you already forgotten?”

 

For some reason, the two of them don’t get along well. Leriril is like this with anyone but Mia, but it’s rare for the gentle Lulu to talk in a belligerent manner.

 

According to Arisa, the reason was because of Leriril’s impolite remarks towards me. She also said, “They’ll probably get along well before long”, optimistically.

 

“Next.”

“P-Please wait, Misanalia. Unlike Elves, our Magic Power isn’t that much. Most of it was used up with the earlier Magic, so I cannot use a big Magic for a while.”

“Nn, Tek.”

 

After seeing Leriril who appeals to her with a troubled face, Mia calls to me. She wants me to use Magic Power Transferal to restore Leriril’s MP. I restore her Magic Power as requested. Her Magic Power is certainly small compared to her level. It’s even less than Lulu’s when they have similar levels.

 

I can’t compare it properly though, because Arisa is around Lulu’s level and has twice the Magic Power.

 

“Eh? Just now, what? Did you do something? Br--Tek.”

“Mia requested it. I transferred my Magic Power to you.”

 

Leriril murmured, “Transferred Magic Power?” while looking perplexed, but, when urged by Mia, she used various Magics, like Clean and Heal House.

 

The house almost looks brand-new.

 

It’s quite great.

 

However, I can’t quite understand how the floor, that was rotten, and the wall with holes in it have been fixed--it’s somehow Healing Magic, but for houses.

 

Is it some kind of Time Reversal?

 

Just as Leriril was going to clean the outside of the house, I stopped her, leaving the outside as dirty as it originally was.

 

“The roof leaks are troubling, but please leave the dirt intact. Since your Magic doesn’t seem to be a common Magic, it would surprise the neighbours.”

“I can’t comprehend what the Human said. Even Misanalia will have a hard time.”

 

“Nn?” Mia looked at me, cutely tilting her head. I smiled and stroked her hair.

 

Leriril quickly looked away, obviously not used to the sight.

 

She acted according to my request, completely cleaning and repairing the insides of the buildings.

 

I prepared simple bedding on the first floor of the main building, and moved the debilitated children there. Their skin looked slightly red, and inflamed, so I cleaned them with Soft Wash and Dry. I gave Nana a change of clothes for them.

 

 

***

“Alright, we’re hereee.” Arisa called out from her seat behind Liza on the horse they are riding. The two are leading around 20 children, half of which are Humans, while the rest are Beastkin like Rat and Rabbit kin.

 

“Welcome back, you were faster than I thought.”

 

Well yeah, still, aren’t Pochi and Tama too diligent? There doesn’t seem to be anywhere for the children to mow.”

 

I understand Arisa’s look of tiredness, the two have already mowed 80% of the weeds on this wide plot.

 

“The small children are to wear gloves and baskets, then gather up all of the weeds! The big children are to wear gloves and use sickles to cut the remaining weeds around the mansion! If you can finish it by evening, Chevalier will treat you to a delicious dinner!”

 

The children cheered in joy towards Arisa’s words.

 

“Oh my? Isn’t it Leriril. Since she is here, that means that the insides of the houses have been cleaned.” Arisa greeted Leriril as she opened the door of the mansion, “Good job, Leriril! As expected of a Brownie! I’m astonished.

 

She looks back, and praises Leriril. Leriril seems to have a personality that’s easy to get taken away by the flow, and she pridefully pushes out her chest at Arisa’s words. Leriril herself is smaller than a normal Dwarf, but her chest is fairly large, causing an interesting contrast--it is emphasized when she does things like this.

 

I sent Leriril back with Teleportation Magic, since she can’t be away from the Mansion of Ivy for long. We can just call her back for dinner.

 

The mowing is safely finished by the evening, and I give 2 copper to each child, and treat them to dinner as promised. I raised the reward, because I felt that 1 copper was much too little pay for such a large job.

 

“Lulu, your skill really has improved.”

 

When I praise her, she blushes bright pink and she hugged me from behind.

 

“It’s mortifying to say this, but it really is delicious. To be inferior at cooking when compared to a Human, this is a blow to my dignity as a Brownie. The cooking skill of Arisa’s sister is strange.” Leriril puffed out her cheeks in irritation…before rapidly beginning to eat again.

 

Finally, dinner is finished. But, Pochi and Tama look like they didn’t have enough, I’ll get Lulu to make them some late-night snacks later.

19