Chapter 40 – Celestial Church
1.6k 1 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome, may I know the reason for your visit? I would be happy to assist you during your time here with us at the Celestial church." The young man guided us in.

I nodded at the priest and shuffled on my feet, I couldn't help it because of how they kept twitching. I was going to respond but sister Thea beat me to it, "Milady is here to see the Lady of the Night Sky's visage, prepare a seating area. Make sure nobody knows about this, Owen. Everything will be clear soon so leave the questions for later."

The young man, Owen, was startled to see Althea and closed his mouth once she told him to not ask. He held his tongue and nodded, his eyes searching behind us before shrugging and saying, "Fine, if it's you then I'm sure there is a reason for this. Please come this way, I'll prepare a place for you."

I looked at Althea who became the one shuffling in discomfort, "Umm, I'm sorry Milady. I shouldn't have acted without permission, but I j-just thought-."

I raised my hand to stop her and said, "I don't mind something small like that, this is hardly a situation where things like formality hold any meaning. I was just refreshing my impression of you, I almost forgot you had a higher position in the church than the normal person. I'll go ahead and wait for you to come, I can just go through what is needed of me first correct?"

"Yes! When the moment comes, your authority will be known throughout the church unquestionably. I'll go and get the paladins in the meantime." Her shoulders relaxed in relief and she made her plans clear to me.

I turned to the head knight and commanded, I was still getting used to controlling an armed force, even if it is a borrowed one. "Have someone escort her, it's better to be safe than sorry."

The three maids stood on either side of me and one behind me, their looks of nervousness and expectation about how my identity was going to be announced was heart-warming for me. If they didn't subconsciously feel loyal to me as an individual and not just because they were appointed to me by the Apicius household, they wouldn't care so much about this.

Over this period of time, we had gotten much closer as masters and servants. To call them friends sounds off, but they were allies and people both loyal and intimate with me and I had learnt a lot about them.

Thinking of the Apicius household made my expression stiffen when I recognised a problem, 'Didn't Mrs Apicius know what would happen when I went to the church? With my identity, there was no way that there would opposition right? Why did she warn me and make me create a countermeasure against public sentiment?'

I frowned as we passed through the fantastical front garden of the church, I winced when my swollen testicles brushed against my thighs with each step but I couldn't care about it. My irritation towards my future mother-in-law was almost palpable to those around me but they assumed my anger at the criminals was stoked as we approached the cause of the tragedy.

In fact, I suspected she was just testing me and seeing what I would do in response but I felt extremely uncomfortable that I was manipulated, I never realised just how much I hated being controlled or manipulated in my past life...

'I need to stop thinking so small-mindedly, she can't help but want to test the person who might become engaged with her only child. Oh! Not to mention, what if she was also warning me that I would need a plan despite my absolute influence?! Is there something that can shake my rule as the representative of one of their major deities?' I felt uneasy but we were almost at the end of the long front lawn.

I focused on following the priest and did my best to ignore the mana circulating in my groin. It was like a whirlpool, increasing in speed as time passed which in turn made it more and more difficult to ignore the pressure I felt. I was okay for now since I just came but it was only a matter of time before I popped a boner again.

'Popping a boner in a church on my way to pay my respects to the deity I represent in this world... I must be insane for getting excited over that, or is it because I know it's Lady Cassandra?' My sexual discomfort helped me shelve off my discomfort about Helen. If not for how pissed off I was with what they did to the two ladies and the little girl, I might have just forgotten why we were here.

The inside was even more ridiculous than the outside, the walls were like a real sky; one half showed the day and the other showed the night. I felt uncomfortable for a second but I realised straight away what was bothering me, the walls were moving!

The priest Owen showed his signature friendly smile and spoke, "Everyone shows similar amazement when they first arrive, the walls are not just images, they hold a strand of will from the deities themselves. Due to this, anywhere that a Celestial church is built will have a true image of the celestial bodies. What you see is the true image of how the sun, moon and stars appear at this very moment."

I couldn't help but be amazed, I never thought I would see the sun like the ones in our textbooks back on earth. It was the same here but bright enough that it was hard to look at directly for more than a few seconds. I felt strangely homesick because of that nostalgic image.

Under the illumination of the sun, moon and twinkling stars, I arrived in a rather cosy-looking chamber. There were both chairs and even cushions to sit on the ground, the walls were showing a planet from outer space, this planet I guess. Inside this chamber were half a dozen statues; again, it was the sun, moon, a star, and a blue sky, a cloud, and a dark sky with the Milky way moving across.

'Wait... the shape is different from the Milky way. I'm much further from home than I imagined, huh.' That idle, melancholic thought had barely passed my mind before the image started to let out a black and silvery glow, a huge amount of magic gathered,

Lady Cassandra, known as the Lady of the Night Sky, was announcing the presence of her Blessed Champion.

...and said champion was instantly hard as fuck.

43