Chapter 8-3: Two Girls are Obsessed with Me
2.7k 29 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Some hints in this chapter of what's to come.

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

 

Innocent Devil's Harem | Chapter 8-3: Two Girls are Obsessed with Me

“Anyway,” Serenity continued, focusing on her guest. “Let’s leave them alone until dinner’s ready.”

Nick nodded in agreement, holding his glass of orange juice as he followed her out of the kitchen. He glanced back one last time just before entering the foyer area. “Sorry again about that.”

“It’s alright,” I replied casually. “It’s just caffeine, after all. Wouldn’t have hurt anything anyway.”

I then sighed heavily once they were out of sight.

I heard Serenity suggest he have a seat on the couch, followed by her sitting down as well. I relaxed a little when I heard her shift her weight, because while I couldn’t be sure without looking, the fact that neither of them had quicker heartbeats suggested to me that she made sure there was a cushion between them.

However, now that they were occupied, I was thinking about the drink again, as well as the fact that this guy was on the case involving me in the first place.

Turning around, I saw that Gabriella was watching me cautiously.

She spoke up in a whisper when I moved closer to begin working on the chicken again.

“Can they hear us from in there?” she wondered. When I shook my head, she continued. “Well, that was a close one. That could have been really bad.”

I shook my head a second time. “No, I didn’t actually drink any of it. I heard him put the pill in and I could smell it, so it wouldn’t have been an issue either way. I was just more concerned about whether or not the pill was truly harmless. But I guess I was just being paranoid.”

She shrugged. “I don’t think you’re being paranoid. I mean, he’s on the case. Not to mention, we just had that encounter this morning with someone who appeared to be one of the good guys. So, I really don’t think you’re being paranoid at all. We did talk about how that man could have had a third accomplice.”

I thought about that for a second. “Yeah, but I honestly don’t think it’s him if that’s true, especially if he just moved here. Plus, he seems too sincere. I can hear when people have elevated heart rates, and I can smell when they are nervous. He seems completely chill, just tired is all. I think he’s alright, so let’s just focus on enjoying cooking together.”

Of course, I didn’t want to mention that I also had a problem with him due to the fact that I had a thing for my older friend.

Gabriella smiled. “Okay, but I don’t want to accidentally say something to turn you on, so maybe we can talk more about you. Can you tell me more about yourself?”

I nodded, grabbing the knife again to cut up the thawed chicken. “Sure, what do you want to know?”

“Hmm, let me think,” she replied, working with her own cutting board, the two of us side-by-side. “Can you tell me about school?”

I sighed, running the knife through the raw meat. “I mean, there’s really not much to tell about that.”

Gabriella seemed cautious as she responded, as if she might offend me. “Well, Serenity mentioned you don’t have any friends, so does that mean you sit alone for lunch?”

“I try to,” I admitted. “I usually don’t socialize with anyone, although I’m not exactly rude either. If someone talks to me, then I’ll respond most of the time. But I also don’t make an effort to keep a conversation going.” I shrugged. “I think most people have gotten used to it, although I know it bothers some of them, since I do interact a lot more when I have to, such as for class.”

I paused, knowing there was really only one person in particular, which prompted me to elaborate.

“For example, there’s a girl who sits with me at lunch almost every day. She knows I won’t talk to her for the most part, so she doesn’t even try getting me to socialize anymore, but she still sits with me. However, she has a lot of friends, so that means the table always ends up full.” I sighed. “Honestly, if it wasn’t for her I probably would eat alone, although I’ve kind of gotten used to it.”

Gabriella looked at me in surprise, suddenly suspicious. “Is she pretty?”

I shrugged. “I mean, maybe? But I don’t think about stuff like that – I can’t.” I then paused when I realized she looked a little jealous. “Hey, you don’t need to be jealous of her. Even if she is pretty, she’s got nothing on you.”

She sighed. “I just don’t like the idea of some random girl trying to steal my guy. Or rather, I don’t like the idea of being replaced. I suppose it wouldn’t bother me too much if…” Her voice trailed off.

I looked at her in confusion, expecting her to continue, but she didn’t. I thought about prompting her, but then wondered if maybe it would be better to just ask her later. After all, anything related to dating wasn’t exactly a subject we should probably focus on right now.

I cleared my throat. “Well, to be fair, you and I have only been together for a day. If anything, she’ll probably think the same thing, if she finds out I have a girlfriend.” I paused. “I mean, if she even has a thing for me in the first place,” I quickly added.

Gabriella sighed heavily. “How long has she even been doing this?”

I began putting some of the chicken in the skillet as I thought about it. “I think she started after we had a group project together. I obviously had to talk to her, so she probably found it as a shock when I didn’t speak to her much after the project was done.” I paused, grimacing. “Now that I think about it, she did seem hurt that I wouldn’t socialize with her when she tried eating with me the first time, but for whatever reason she never gave up.” I shrugged. “That was two years ago.”

Gabriella abruptly stopped what she was doing, looking up at me in disbelief. “She’s been doing this for two years? Okay, seriously that’s obsessive. Are you sure she hasn’t been stalking you too?”

I shook my head, rinsing my hands off, before leaning against the counter now that I was finished with my part of the chopping. “I would know if she was,” I replied in a low voice. “Heightened senses, remember? Her scent isn’t overwhelming like yours, but I know what she smells like.”

Gabriella was quiet for a few minutes, her red eyebrows knitted together as she focused on cutting up the bell peppers. When she finally spoke, she seemed less annoyed. “Well, honestly, I guess I can understand. Even though you ran away the first time I met you, I wanted to pursue you, and I would have kept trying.” She then looked up at me carefully. “What I mean is, I probably would have done the same thing – obsessed over you, hoping you would let me in eventually.”

I looked at her in surprise, suddenly concerned. “Do you think my unfriendliness actually makes me more enticing?”

Gabriella considered that. “Possibly it does for her, but not for me. I was actually happy that you opened up to me sooner rather than later. Meaning, I was interested either way. You didn’t have to be distant, or play hard-to-get, for me to feel obsessed.”

Obsessed? Holy fuck.

I was careful as I probed for more information. “Okay, obviously we need to be careful about how intimate this conversation gets, but I have to ask…” I hesitated. “You’re obsessed with me?”

She sighed, glancing at me. “Are you sure you can handle the truth right now?” When I nodded, she continued slowly. “Obsessed, infatuated, fixated, lovesick. I’m it all, honestly. I wish you could feel my emotions, so you could know just how crazy I am about you. And it’s not just a shallow infatuation based on appearance only. You really are everything I’ve ever wanted, and you’re even things I didn’t realize I wanted.”

“Like what?” I wondered, trying to keep myself reserved emotionally, as if we were talking about math or something.

Gabriella took a deep breath, her voice still low. “Well, I would have been fine with you being a normal guy. That wouldn’t have changed my fundamental interest in you. However, the fact that you aren’t normal…” She hesitated. “Well, you’re fulfilling a need that I didn’t even realize I desperately wanted. Like, I do like to read stories about this kind of thing, but it’s just fantasy. I never realized how much it would mean to me to be loved by someone like you.” She paused, only to quickly clarify. “Not that you being supernatural is the most important thing. I wasn’t lying when I said I would have come here last night, rather than trying to find the guy who saved me, if it had been someone else.”

I nodded in acknowledgement, unsure of how to respond.

Gabriella took a moment to examine my expression and appearance, before continuing while remaining focused on her chopping. “And then, there’s the fact that you’re so innocent. I know that won’t last forever, and I already knew I liked that about you, but I didn’t realize how much I needed to be the one to steal that innocence from you. Like, I really feel like you’re mine for keeps, even if something ever happened between you and someone else, because I got to be the one to take that from you.”

I couldn’t hide my shock from what she was insinuating, the implications forcing me to close my eyes as my body started shifting.

Because it almost sounded like she was saying she didn’t mind me being with someone else too, which I knew couldn’t be what she meant, but just the thought was too much for me right now.

Especially since there was someone in particular that I also did sincerely want, even though it was never going to happen.

Gabriella continued without missing a beat, not seeming to notice. “Mine forever,” she emphasized. “Plus, it makes for an amazing time in bed,” she added, sounding amused before her tone immediately became apologetic. “Sorry.”

I shook my head, still trying to focus my transformation so that it didn’t show on my visible skin or hair. Then, I took a deep breath.

I knew Serenity and Nick were still safely in the living room, so I decided to open my gold and black eyes to glance at her. “It’s alright,” I whispered. “Maybe you can tell me more tonight, but we should probably change subjects.”

Gabriella nodded slowly, her emerald eyes wide, now seeming entranced by my gaze.

I quickly looked away. “I’m going to grab the can of tomatoes and get it open, so we can begin sautéing them with the peppers.” Really, I just needed an excuse to walk away for a few seconds.

“R-Right,” she agreed, quickly attempting to finish up.

However, just as I turned away, I heard her wince quietly, knowing instantly that she’d cut herself. I could smell the blood.

“Ouch,” she hissed softly.

I turned back around to see how bad it was, glad that it didn’t look too deep, although it was still bleeding freely, already threatening to drip onto the cutting board. Gabriella moved her hand over the sink to rinse it off.

“Wait,” I whispered, my tone more urgent than I intended.

I then immediately turned my head away, suddenly ashamed when I realized why I asked her to wait. Because I wanted it. I wanted her blood.

Gabriella picked up on my expression. “Do you need it?” she asked quietly. When I didn’t respond, her tone became more decisive. “Hurry up, before it drips.” She then reached out with her other hand to grab my shirt, urging me closer. “Hurry and do it. Otherwise, it will go to waste.”

 

Copyright © 2020 Kaizer Wolf

If you're enjoying, please leave a Rating :-)

 

Thanks for reading! Advanced chapters can be read at Patreon.com/KaizerWolf

Currently, at the time of posting this part, I'm up to Chapter 38 and the $2 tier has access up to Chapter 32, which is equivalent to 3 full-length books worth of content.

58