Chapter 1 – How it all started.
5k 12 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

**

  

     

The village of 'Isshonisumu', meaning 'live together' a relatively small one, in the far East of the kingdom of 'Noaa'. It's said this village got its name from the many different races such as cat Beast-kin, fox Beast-kin, wolf Beast-kin, so what I'm saying is basically a lot of Demi-humans living together in peace. And there are some humans that I can probably count with my fingers, yeah like five or six and I'm one of them. My name's Tomas...

   

              First, it was all going well I had a family. Mother a father and even an elder brother. But they were all Demi's. Mother a cat beast-kin, father a wolf beast-kin and brother was also a wolf beast-kin, not me though I was human! But I just thought that I was different... but turns out I was wrong so very wrong. When I turned ten my health took a turn for the worse. I kept getting these killer headaches and out of nowhere, I would just loose consciousness... And it happens at the worse possible times. Like when I'm playing or exploring the nearby forest. once it came while I was exploring in the forest near the village. I was only thirteen then. It suddenly showed up out of nowhere, I became dizzy, staggering just to keep standing but eventually fell down and I really thought I was gonna die. But strangely when I woke up I was in one piece. This forest is quite dangerous, that's what the villages keep saying but I was miraculously unharmed And it turns out I was out for a full day. 

      

My so-called family didn't even bother looking for me... Ever since my health went uphill they have been treating me like a burden like I was a useless human being like I was just disposable trash and in a way they were right, I am useless. But I thought my family would understand, I thought they would comfort me in my time of need but nothing was ever how I thought. I think just to make me even more depressed and sad they dropped the biggest boulder on my head, (metaphorically).

     

when the other kids in the village started bullying me. I ran to our house and I told my father but all he said to me was, "I'm not your fucking father," I was shocked, yes, but I thought he was just mad at me never did I know it was real, but that night even mother laughed at me while my brother punched me in the face saying that I'm an orphan. I had no parents, that my real parents didn't even want me, didn't love a useless human like me so they left me at their doorstep. I felt a pain in my chest that I've never felt before in my life! My heart ached at what they said next.

"If we knew you would be such a useless piece of trash we would have never taken you in. We actually hate humans but you had a smell of a monster, we patiently waited ten years, ten fucking years to see if you would awaken something, anything in you but it was all for not!!! "

My mother said, bringing tears to my eyes,

      

Something broke in me that day not sure if it was my heart or my soul. I didn't understand why this was happening, was it because I was weak, was it because I was human, why did they start treating me like this. I tried telling them I was only weak because Demi's are far stronger than humans, I tried pleading, I cried, I sobbed, I pretended it was a funny joke, but the reality was I had no one that loves me... Why? Why? Why? WHY? But all they did was scoff and laughed at me. Nothing was ever the same again. 

Since that heart-shattering day I kept to my self, never wanted to open up for anyone ever again... the village children kept on beating the shit out of me almost every single day. I fought back a few and some times I was successful but the others not so much. I couldn't even be happy that I fought them off cause the next day they would return with more numbers and I would just get plowed to the ground. 

But there was this one girl, a fox Beast-kin. with red long hair up to her waist beautiful curves all around her, only fourteen and breast that would shame most woman. She was truly a beauty to behold. She was the only one that ever talk to me and didn't want to just beat me up for fun. At first, I thought she was just trying to make me fall for her beauty and just make fun of me and then beat me up. But it never happened all she did was talk and talk, she would talk about the stories her parents told her to me over and over. I was really annoyed but I soon found some of them funny and I actually began opened up a little for her surprising even me. We would just talk for hours and hours under our favourite tree. Looking at the surrounding sky, make jokes, laugh, fight. but we always had each other in the end. 

She hated all of the other kids for what they did to me, I kept saying it was fine that I'm already use to it. But she wouldn't take no for an answer!! One day She even beat up the two big guys that hurt me the most and my Goddess she was amazing, they didn't stand a chance. I was so mesmerized, happy, excited a lot of emotions just burst out... I even jumped into the fighting, and let me tell you, they may have got some hits here and there but you should have seen them all bloodied and crying for their mommy's. Since then no one tried to bully me because she was around me half the time and I owed it all to my saviour and friend 'Claire'. She even helped me up and said 

"you were amazing out there Tomas " 

    

I stared at her wide-eyed, she did all the work. But she was prassing me! I thanked her and hoped It would be like this forever, just me and her!! But it was just not meant to be, my luck must be really low. Cause the next day she and her family moved out of the village. And she didn't even say goodbye... I was heartbroken for so long. I couldn't think, why she'd left just like that without a single goodbye, was it because of me... I blamed my self, I should have never talked to her, never opened up to her.

      

              Once she was gone anyone can guess what happened next!! Obviously, the other kids started bullying me again now that Claire wasn't there. I always came home with either wounds or tears in my eyes But my family didn't care anymore! They didn't give a fuck. My life went to hell from then on, mother didn't let me eat unless I did something useful around the house and even then I would get nothing but their leftovers. Someday's I don't even get that... What did I ever do to deserve this...

    

    

    

    

Years went by until I turned eight teen almost nineteen. The only good thing was the bullying finally stopped. Most of them now have their own families and kids and I still can't even get a girl to talk with me for more than ten minutes. *Sigh* nothing I can do about it. And my headaches and just losing consciousness out of nowhere finally stopped. Thank the Goddess. Thanks to that I could finally move out of those fuckers house, hope they all burn in hell.

             I worked hard for two or three weeks and made my self a small cabin, nothing special just enough for me to live. I even learned to hunt for my food at age sixteen so I was gonna be alright alone, and for some reason, it just came to me naturally, like I always had it in me... I did small jobs around the village just to get a few silvers for clothing and tools. 

I always feel lonely inside cause come on, no friends or family to talk to who wouldn't. But I had one goal in mind, over these past few months I did extra work to earn some extra money. I'm planning on moving out of this shit hole of a village, mostly to see if I can find my real parents, pay someone with magic to use a tracking or location spell and when I eventually do find them I would ask them the one question that matters, actually, the only one that matters WHY?? if their still alive that is, if they'd passed on I would at least like to know who they were.

Today's the day that I leave for good or the next day morning cause it's almost sundown... I woke up in the middle of the night from screams and the smell of *Sniff* *Sniff* fire. Something must be burning! I put on a shirt and run outside but what's before me only makes me think it's a dream... A picture from hell itself...

      

     

     

    

    

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR.

Thank you for reading.

See you all in the next chapter.

Bye, darling...

87