Chapter 1224
431 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After packing everything up, the group headed to the elevator and started the long rise toward leaving the dungeon. My generals had naturally left the dungeon, although they kept the connection just in case. If Gram tried anything, I’d call them and they could invade the dungeon again in an instant. He had taken me to the party where I lay down and pretended to sleep. It wasn’t long before everyone had gotten up to make an early exit.

Of course, Gram had also utilized his spatial magic to move the entire party a day’s journey farther down the dungeon. A two-day journey had ended up taking only one day, and the party was left completely unaware. Until I stepped foot in Dioshin, I wouldn’t be able to make a portal there. Once I did make a Portal though, I could return whenever I wanted. Thus, I needed to continue with the party until they got past customs.

I wasn’t willing to just abandon them and leave them thinking I had somehow been hurt or died. Furthermore, Dioshin guards were waiting at the second entrance to Gram’s dungeon, so even if I did step out, I wasn’t confident I could talk my way past them. I’d probably create some kind of international incident if I tried to force my way through. My hidden identity as an Osterian was my best chance. Ultimately, staying with my party, but quickening the speed we left was what the two of us agreed on as the conditions for his surrender.

The elevator hit the top after a lengthy climb, and the group of us continued toward the entrance. Everyone stepped through the cave exit, leaving Gram’s Passage and entering Dioshin. However, I held my step as they went, and soon I was alone. Well, I wasn’t completely alone. I turned to see Gram there waiting for me.

“Thank you for your hospitality, and I apologize for earlier.” I bowed.

At the same time, I ordered the girls with my Slave Communication to close the Portal connecting our dungeons.

{You have ended your conflict with Gram’s Dungeon.}

The text did end up popping up. Closing the portal ended the war. I breathed a little easier with that.

“Hmph… I’ve seen enough to know you’re not one of those council brats.” He shrugged. “Well, you’re still rude for not providing a gift! My kind like gifts.”

“G-gifts?”  

As he spoke, he lifted his hood, and I jerked at the sight of him. It wasn’t a person’s face. It was a lizard’s face. The robes started to shift and move and suddenly fell to the ground, and out crawled a giant four-legged lizard. The robe had hidden his form completely before was hiding his true form! I had thought I was talking to a human this whole time, but Gram was a freaking lizard!

“He’s a tarragon!” Alysia gasped.

“A tarragon?”

“It’s a lower-tier dragon!”

“Hmph! I’m every bit as powerful as any dragon!” He flicked out his tongue angrily. “Your sword is quite knowledgeable though. It’s a shame.”

“I serve Master!” Alysia declared. “Even if you took me from him, I would never serve you!”

“Calm down, I don’t have any interest in having you anymore.” He declared.

“S-seriously?” Alysia responded skeptically.

“Mm… my tongue is sensitive to smells. You smell like an orc’s butt!”

I thought I had won the war, but it was Gram who fired the last shot, and it was devastating.

 

Announcement
14