Chapter 791
2k 1 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I still don’t understand what your plan is, Boss.” A few of the bandits looked at me uncertainly.

I ignored them, and instead looked at the group they had brought me. This was just a band of measly goblins tied up and surrounded by the bandits. After a day of scouring, that was the best they were able to bring. Other enemies were either too difficult for them or too hard to catch. A few men had already been injured and if it wasn’t for my White Mage abilities, they might have died. Of course, none of the men asked how I had gotten White Mage. They seemed to just accept it now, and it only added to their adoration of me.

My ability to change their jobs also caused a wave of excitement to grow through the group. That was previously one of the reasons that Calypso’s nonsense was tolerated so much. As a Dark Priest, she wasn’t just fearful, but a necessary part of the group. Her presence was necessary for job changes, but more importantly for resurrections. She mentioned she had resurrected two men I killed earlier. I didn’t know if I’d be able to do the same. In a way, she was part of the lifecycle of this dungeon, while I technically wasn’t. Perhaps, if I used the Dark Priest’s ability, it would work, but that would require sacrificing someone else which I didn’t get into.

As to who she had sacrificed, I had no clue. The bandits weren’t keeping any prisoners, and even after checking her corridor, I couldn’t see who she had sacrificed or where. It was possible that sacrificing life didn’t mean another human. She might have sacrificed an animal or monster, although I saw no proof of that. Either way, if I had to sacrifice one of these goblins to bring back a bandit, I supposed it’d be easy to make that sacrifice.

I approached the goblin in charge, who appeared the be the largest of the group. Even he was shivering as I kneeled next to him. His hands were tied up and even his mouth had been stuffed. I guess the goblins howled when they were bound and couldn’t escape, and it was irritating the bandits. I brought out my hand, which the goblin tried to back away from. Unfortunately, he had no room to wiggle, and I quickly put my hand on him.

Just like the skeleton messenger had done to me, I sent out my miasma, infecting the goblin. He stiffened for a moment as the miasma entered his body and affected his heart. I felt some resistance, which I supposed was the miasma from the dungeon. I had already come to understand that the miasma I produced was slightly different than the miasma of a dungeon. To someone not related to me, the miasma might not be any different, but my miasma wouldn’t attack my allies. It seemed to possess my signature or something like that.

I had started creating more miasma, making the cave into a thick self-made dungeon. Over the last two days, the bandits seemed to have grown infected just by prolonged exposure. At first, they had shown some signs of nervousness and withdrawal, but I was their boss so they didn’t leave the caves. After a while, they started to calm down, and I believed they were no longer under the control of the dungeon. The same might hold for the goblins, but I didn’t want to wait days for it to take effect.

After a few more moments of Karmic Control, and after the goblin stopped shaking. I removed the gag, and then the restraints. The bandits tensed as the goblin leader stood up. However, he didn’t run. Instead, he bent down and lowered his head to me. A moment later, a familiar message appeared.

{The goblin leader has been tamed as your monster.}

So, I could tame monsters that way now. I began to control more.

41