Hellbound X [03] – Death
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Whatever is on the other side-"

- we will face it together," I finish. Lily is crying a bit, she knows this isn’t goodbye but I guess she will be alone in this plain which is still her home. I try and grip Alex’s hand but there isn’t any strength left and I can feel everything fading and getting darker. I feel cold but the warmth of Alex is still there. Meeting her was the best part of my life, I couldn’t imagine a better life and just like that, our lives end.

I can see the world differently every rip in reality with my hand still holding Alex's before a new one opens and pulls us away. We knew this was coming and while a bit hard to keep focus we are here. In the hells.

I feel young again and just wrap my arms around Alex holding her close, she doesn’t have to be alone and she holds me back her flooding emotions back in, chaos but she seems to be okay. I just want to focus on her and have my eyes closed to everything else, sharing as much loving feelings as I can.

“I guess it was going to happen sooner or later but it seems you still are just as in love,” a familiar voice there.

“Mum, I hope you haven’t been too lonely,” -Alex

“There is no sense rushing these things. Still, it seems quite a welcome party for you,” - Liz

“Hello Elisabeth,” - Rachael

“Rachael, there isn’t a need to be so formal. We are family,” - Liz

“Sorry Liz I guess I am nervous,” - Rachael

Alex releases me and I let her go to hug her mother, they were always close and Liz has already been here for a few decades. The sky is quite red and the clouds are in flux but it looks like a city with only minor flames flickering over the buildings in a sort of chaos. There is a bit of a crowd and moments later Lily appears, a few tears still around her eyes.

“It is okay Lily,” I hold her close. I guess I have mellowed out in my old age yet I don’t feel old and glance over at Alex, she looks like she is in her late twenties, I guess age isn’t a big thing to eternal beings, a slight tint of red to her skin, her clothes flickering like flames and I imagine I am the same.

“Welcome,” - a small girl

“Luci,” - Lily

“Luci?” - Rachael

“Lucifer,” - Lily

“She is a small girl?” I question but in a moment she transforms into a man in a dark suit with horns.

“Is this more to your expectations?” - Luci

“Why the girl form?” - Rachael

“I am a being of chaos and my feelings change what form is most comfortable. I just felt like it but this is about our new arrivals,” Luci changes back to the small girl form seeming to relax a little, “I am sure you will want somewhere to call your home so just claim a spot as large as you want. You should have no issues here,”

“Rach, you okay?” - Alex

“Yeah just a lot to take in that I am meeting someone referred to as the devil and they are appearing as a young girl,” - Rachael

“I am sure you already know the rules with your arrival but sometimes people prefer to be told them. There a no lords and no masters just like there are no servants or workers. You are free to travel where ever you want but please be respectful, it helps everyone get along. You are allowed to go to the mortal plain but if you go please use a mortal form, if it dies you will be back here again just like how you recently arrived. If you use your eternal form and are killed that will be your end. Try not to disrupt things too much and the laws of silence are now applied to you as eternal beings. You won’t be able to share knowledge with or influence the mortal plain as easily,” - Luci

“Is this kind of greeting normal?” Alex is pretty wary it seems, I can’t even remember the amount of times she has actively stepped up to protect me even at the cost of herself.

“You are famous so people wanted to come and greet you. Well famous enough to get me wanting to welcome you personally. I must confess that I-” - Luci’s words break off and there is a pause. That's really odd.

“The laws of silence still apply?” - Lily

“So it would seem,” Luci replies but there is something I am missing there.

“I will explain later,” Lily tries to reassure me but there must be a lot going on and I just try and take it all in.

The next few hours just pass by in a blur as people greet us, well demons, infernal witches and so many other kinds of eternal beings. Alex is managing just as badly if not worse, Lily is often giving me a bit of support while Liz does the same for Alex but lets her set her own pace, she seems to be managing pretty well after it is shown to be all friendly. I was scared but I guess when her mother came here and Lily managed to share a few details in the vaguest way possible she had time to adapt. I can’t help but just look around taking it all in, a slight smoke over the ground while still being so much like earth, flickers of flames just randomly happening it is almost scary yet it just feels like a slight breeze. Like I was always meant to be here and there is something calming about it all. There was no pain coming here, I almost want to see if I can hurt myself but Alex gives my hand a slight squeeze preventing that but I feel it as if I was still alive.

The next few days are chaotic but I must confess I am starting to like the chaos. Lily has to spend most of her time in the mortal plain preparing our funerals and accounts, we pick a spot near Liz’s place and just form our old home here. It is almost the same except for the little details of the hells like the flickers and gentle smoke coming off it. Our bond is just as strong, maybe slightly stronger even and after we settle an old chaos is back and I nip at Alex’s ear when we are alone.

“I see your lust is back Rach,”

“It just needs a few days to get settled here,”

“It certainly is burning hotter,”

“Is hells humour a thing?” I don’t give her a chance to reply and embrace her with my passion, lips firmly on lips and she whisks me to the bedroom. She really has changed and takes charge so much more compared to when we just started getting frisky. I give a playful bite of her bottom lip and that's enough to drive her wild.

 

I doubt this will ever get old ...

1