Chapter 35 – The Changed Cat
448 12 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bad news!

 

I could not find a good place to split this chapter up when I was writing it, so it is two in one. Sorry if long reads bother you, I guess? 

 

In front of David, a large hound was charging towards him that standing on all fours stood up to his chest, and joined to its back was a creature that looked like a puppet made of cloth, its right arm was longer than the left, and looked like it had several arms sewn together. Instead of its right hand, a large bone scythe flailed around on the long limb, slicing the air around it as it rushed at David.

 

Its back carried a singed mark on the cloth that resembled burlap, and this cloth was only a shade lighter than the dog's fur. David was trying to move so that he could dodge the creature when he felt something wrapped around his ankle. When he looked down he saw his short-time teammate whose sole arm wrapped around his ankle.

 

The body had gone pallid with the blood drained, and he could see the veins were raised and black, a few feet away the head had a blank look with two pale flames burning in the eye sockets. Harry’s jaw was opening and closing as his body kept trying to wrap up David from the ground, and he was doing a good job of it. David was wondering if the corpse had taken offense to his earlier comment since it was holding him particularly tightly. 

 

“David!” Lena called in alarm when she realized he couldn’t move the large body that had bound itself to his leg like a shackle.

 

He looked over in time to see a rare look of alarm on her face, but he wasn’t too worried yet. David turned the spear blade of his poleaxe onto the ground and began to channel mana through his arm to form and ability. This was an ability that was used on Edea by a staff used who was known to champion justice around the continent.

 

David plunged the blade into the ground as a burst of power traveled from his arm to his body. While this was smooth in his arm, the rest of his muscles felt like they were screaming and he kicked straight up and out of the corpse's grip. He made a rapid spin around the trapped poleaxe, as he raised his legs from the ground straight into the air, he then pushed down to propel himself upside down straight up the pole of the shaft.

 

It took him too bursts to raise himself vertically up the shaft of the spear, but this entire maneuver had taken less than a second. His body screamed in agony from using an ability with parts that were untempered, proof of this could be seen in the slight shake that spread everywhere on his body, but his tempered arm. Now he looked up at the charging creature from his handstand position on top of the poleaxe.

 

“Time to try some staff arts!” David said as he lowered his body like he was doing a pushup on top of the staff.

 

This was what he concluded from his time meditating in the morning, and he spent a solid few hours going over various attacks with the staff. With the Machine Lord’s memories, it was the same as having access to millions of different masters. Each one with a different spear or staff art to teach him.

 

With his arms bent and his body vertical on top of the poleaxe that was secured by the spear point, he pushed up and pulled to free the spear as he did so, this caused him to start moving into the air as if he had jumped from the push-up position he was in originally. He did a turn to right himself in the air and moved his poleaxe into a throwing position, he was just about to push mana into the enchantment in the back to send it flying when he heard something off in the distance.

 

Meow!

 

It sounded like a small cat’s call that was far away, it was telling him to stay his hand and to wait. David reached behind him instinctively but realized he had left his backpack with the van, and suddenly felt a conflicted feeling rise as he reigned in his mana. Instead of throwing the spear, he took a defensive posture, as he let himself land forward on his feet and felt a sprain in his ankles as if he had jumped from a swing.

 

Abilities are incredible, but they are taxing! This thought went through his head as he felt his body groaning in agony, only his burnt arm felt good. It was such a conflicting feeling that it was making him experience a sense of vertigo. 

 

This didn’t last long as he watched the blade on the long arm come flying towards him, behind him was the severed body of Harry. He was going to dodge and let the blade fly by and hit the severed torso when he heard a cry off in the distance again.

 

Mrow!

 

David suddenly planted both feet firmly and swung the poleaxe defensively with his mana to block the block that was flying towards him. That was because this catcall had told him he needed to block this attack and that it wouldn’t be as bad as it looks. He also seemed to get a picture in his head.

 

He could see a black cat with bush fur and white spots on the end of its paws, the tip of its ears, at the tip of its long bushy tail, and its chest in the shape of a heart. Its eyes had a look of wonder and amazement, and it had an almost nightmarish grin, as it ran through the city on four legs. Around its neck was a rusty chain with what looked like white beads added on, where its tags should have been, a small rusty box could be seen.

 

This body had a main compartment that opened up in the middle, and a small tray along the bottom. The entire box was covered in runes that seemed to pulse a blood-red light, and two cat motifs had been added to the front of the box. One was white and one was orange, and both were beckoning inside of the box on different sides of the rusty door.

 

This image disappeared as quickly as it came, and David pushed forward with the poleaxe to meet the blade and had to struggle to turn it away from him. This blow was considerably lighter than the first, and he was able to avoid it, much easier, this was what he thought until a blade wound chopped across his scarred arm. Seeing his blood fly in the air from a blow that came from a blade that had passed him, he chose to backpedal quickly from the creatures.

 

Mrrawr!

 

This call was much more urgent, and it was telling him to move immediately, this is what David did as he stopped stepping back over the wooden floor and instead dived between two pews as quickly as he could. A few moments later the wood exploded in a similar way to when the wood shattered when the boar had charged him earlier, this was followed by a wave of heat. Suddenly David was beginning to feel like something was wrong with how this battle was going.

 

The undead Harry stood with his head in the crook of his severed arm, the mace was held in his remaining arm, and the demon he had never seen before was charging at him again as he stood between the pews, the undead was also running at him. He noticed Lena off to the side preparing a spell to fire at the demon, and he took a moment to look at the boards that were covered in Infernal runes placed over the windows.

 

He also was able to see these placed on the walls at various points, the more he saw the more he realized that the entire inside of the church was a trap. It was a trap designed to keep a demon inside of the church, unable to leave. The signs and everything else he had seen was all a trap designed to draw people in, he also wondered if the small amount of gas he had been able to get was also a part of this.

 

“My spells aren’t doing anything against it,” Lena called out to him.

 

David did not respond to her as he watched a ball of fire smash into the side of the cloth creature and part around it before dissipating. The creature only had a few light singe marks, and it was running down the aisle before it charged down the pews towards him, behind it was the undead Harry swinging the mace around with blue flames glowing inside the head of it. He didn’t need to hear the catcall off in the distance to know what to do.

 

Mow!

 

It told him to run away and buy as much time as possible, this was advice he followed as he turned and dived over the pews and began to run across the tops of the heavy wooden seating. The demon and the undead were forced to pause and begin chasing after him, this caused a smile to spread over his face as he reached the stage near the back where the priest gave sermons. The smile came from the image he was sent with the cat's call.

 

He saw the same small bushy cat, this time riding inside of the box as it slid down a hill using the rusty box like a sled. It sat down inside of it with the two doors thrown wide open, and it was using the candle that rose between its hairy legs like a yoke. It looked exciting and its mouth was open in a wide grin, David could see two glowing orange eyes with cat-like pupils.

 

The box left a trail of dust behind it as it slid down the dirt road towards the church that David was fighting in, approaching in the distance. Its tail was dancing around as it rapidly approached the church. The image was so ridiculous that David almost laughed when he first saw it.

 

Shaking his head to clear the image, he saw the mounted creature charging towards him, he also saw undead Harry following closely behind the creature's heels. He took a deep breath as he saw the scythe blade come flying towards him, he tried avoiding it again but just like last time a cut was made across his chest. Seeing his blood spill for a second time, he tried to get some distance when the undead cut him off.

 

Seeing the mace flying towards him, he used his poleaxe to try to parry it, then he realized he was having the same problem as he felt a heavyweight slam into his ribs and knock the air out of him. He was driven back several steps, this time he had learned his lesson though, he did not attempt to fight the undead and turned tail while wheezing. He was worried for a moment that his asthma would kick in but it didn’t.

 

Feeling a burning sensation, he reached down and pulled his shirt off, and tossed it onto the ground, he then saw it start to erupt in flames. This confirmed the final thing he had been wondering when he saw a normal orange fire burning up the black piece of cloth. His assumption was only further confirmed when he saw the dog creature swinging its blade around and starting to follow behind him too. 

 

David was halfway down the aisle with the two creatures chasing him when a change occurred in the ruined, old building. The change was happening at the piano at the back, it had suddenly started to play, this was caused by the furry little creature dancing across the keyboard. It was horribly out of tune, and the song sounded like the random notes that comprised it.

 

The creature on the keyboard was a cat that stood at 12 inches(~30cm) tall, and its paws were over its head like a ballerina as it spun in circles on the tips of its toes. Its mouth was stretched into a wide-open grin, and its tail was spinning around with its body. This bizarre scene caused everyone in the room to stop moving.

 

The Lena that was unable to cast effective spells had vanished into thin air, and behind David, she had reappeared with a confused look as she saw her boyfriend in front of her. She then turned to where he was supposed to be lying injured and saw nothing there, she then turned and looked back towards the small cat. The third person who was in the group also had a dazed look as he saw the creature he was chasing suddenly turn into David.

 

Harry’s expression then changed to horror when he saw that the arm he used to try to save the woman had a small creature wrapped around it that looked like an imp. It was a bald hairless creature with red skin and red glowing eyes, it also had short horns and a tail with a little spike. In one of its small hands was a bell that it had used to create illusions, this bell was being shaken over and over to no avail.

 

Harry’s arm was slowly darkening as if it was heavily bruised, all along the arm wounds could be seen that were caused by the imp's small stinger. He couldn’t feel it, but now that he could see it, the entire limb seemed to be on fire from the poison in the stinger. The little creature was forced to take a clumsy flight using its small wings to avoid getting flattened by Harry’s other hand.

 

“Why no work?!” The little imp screamed as it angrily shook the little bell.

 

The creature's distress was interrupted when they heard the sound of strange laughter coming from the piano, this was laughter made by a cat. It suddenly stopped its twirling dance on the keys of the piano but the discordant melody continued to spread through the church as if it was still being played. The smile it had aimed at the imp was both mocking and derisive but its eyes were aimed at the bell with unmasked greed.

 

They then watched the small cat jump off of the piano before landing on all fours, the horrible music was following it as it slowly made its way towards the small imp who was flying in the corner. David was interrupted when he felt something wrap around him and bury itself into his chest. Looking down he saw that Lena had buried her head into his chest and was sobbing softly.

 

Harry was getting paler as the pain in his arm kept increasing, it felt like it was being crushed, and he was starting to panic. Tears were forming in his eyes when he looked over at David who was busy comforting Lena. He wanted to be comforted too, so he decided to call out for help.

 

“David, my arm it-” Harry started, but David cut him off.

 

“It is just a curse that the Tormentor Imp places on people that inflict slowly increasing pain, but since it is a curse and not a toxin, you have nothing to worry about,” David said. "You will die though if it isn't treated."

 

“What do you mean? This is starting to hurt pretty bad!” Harry called.

 

“Do you hear the music getting quieter?” David asked.

 

Harry paused as he looked towards the direction of the little cat, and traced the sound of the music to a small little box that was attached to the cat's collar. Then he realized that rather than a collar, it looked more like a small metal chain covered in beads. The cat had stopped looking as playful as it did originally, and now it had a look of hunger in its eyes. 

 

The music coming from the box was also steadily changing its tune, it was starting to build up an oppressive melody that seemed to get quieter the closer the cat got to its prey. This sound scared the small imp, it could not flee the range of it, it was like a barrier that was keeping it trapped within a certain range of the sound. The Imp had already identified this sound as coming from the trinket on the cat’s neck and it could see a dense series of Infernal runes covered in rust.

 

The moment the Imp looked at this box it got the feeling of an oppressive guillotine made specifically for killing demons. As if its gaze was the signal the cat had been waiting for, it sat down in a cat-like way and reached up a furry paw and grabbed the little trinket, and smirked at the imp as it set it on the ground. This small box suddenly grew in size until it was even larger than the shoebox-size that David had originally made it in.

 

With the small shelf along the bottom and the divide in the center, it looked like a Dybbuk box(AN:1) that was made of rusty sheet metal. The symbols began to glow and the image of the two cats beckoning on the front of the box began to part as the box opened slowly. Inside the box had also changed, the mirror in the back had been altered and had a depiction made of a mangy orange cat that looked like a tiger. 

 

Fur and blood stained the inside of this box, and the candle sat burning in the middle but the flame had changed from one that seemed indecisive as it flickered around. This new flame was a blood-red flame that seemed to display a voracious hunger as it tried to consume the candle. The blood-red wax seemed immune to this flame as not even a speck of melting could be seen in the dark wax, instead, Infernal symbols danced across it as if they were mocking the flame’s determination.

 

The moment the Imp saw the mirror and the runes covering the inside of the box, he felt an incredible attractive force coming from the inside of the large box. It tried to turn away but its eyes were locked onto the image in the mirror as the picture of a twisted imp slowly began to appear in the mirror. The force of this attraction got even worse once the cat jumped on top of the box on two legs and began to add a song and dance to it.

 

It moved on two paws gracefully and stepped back and forth along the top like a small stage and waved its paws around in the air. The movements and rhythms followed something similar to old folk songs, and David also realized he had a hard time pulling his gaze away from it. This was also the case for Harry and Lena who seemed to have their eyes glued to the furry creature and Harry had even started clapping along with the cat’s song, ignoring the pain in his arm.

 

It became a yokai this quickly?! How does it already know ritual song and dance magic?! David’s thoughts churned as he forced his head away from the cat, even though the contract’s protection the cat’s clumsy performance was targeting everything around it. 

 

Harry had stood up with a grin on his face and began trying to mimic the movements of the cat, and Lena also looked fascinated as she saw the furry little creature dancing on the box. She had started lightly clapping to the beat that the cat was making, the sound of the music box had also changed to mirror it. The demon was also left in a strange state of bewilderment, as it was stuck watching the cat with a happy expression on its face and it swung the bell along with the sound of the music box. 

 

The entire atmosphere inside of the church had changed with the arrival of the cat and its strange behavior, even covered in cuts and with bruised ribs, he smiled at its performance. The little imp did not notice as it was soon pulled to the entrance of the box, the image in the mirror displayed a small imp that was clawing at the surface of the mirror with a horrified look on its face and tears streaming from its eyes. The flame burned eagerly like a small bonfire, eagerly awaiting its meal.

 

“Wait! What?! NOOOO-” The Imp suddenly seemed to come to its senses as it was brought inside the box.

 

Once it lost sight of the cat dancing on top of the box, it found itself inside of a box filled with blood and fur and a pair of small statues. One stood in front of the candle before the small imp, it displayed a mostly white cat with black spots wearing a shawl, David assumed this was the mother. Wrapped around the blood-red candle was a depiction of the cat on top of the box.

 

It looked both menacing and mischievous as it had its claws elongated and exposed as if it was reaching around the candle for the imp. Its face showed a feral grin filled with sharp teeth and it showed its gowling demonic eyes. Looking at the inside of the box, it had started to resemble some small shrine dedicated to the cat’s life and family.

 

These thoughts along with the imps' fearful roar were cut off by the closing of the box.

 

***

POV: ???

 

A man wearing a ragged cassock(AN:2) that was covered in rust-colored stains sat smoking a cigarette as he had a book in front of him that possessed hundreds of glowing runes in it. His eyes were covered in a black wrap that looked like they came from a similar priest’s attire. His head was covered in a Clerical hat with a wide brim and a flat top, and he had long gray hair that flowed around his head.

 

His skin was pale, and he sneered angrily at the book in front of him as a page was slowly burning away from it. This was the second one that this had happened to. His teeth were stained yellow and his mouth was filled with rot.

 

“Father Glaskoss, what’s wrong?”

 

A man wearing the clothes of a monk came in, they were much simpler than the clothes of the man who was staring at the book. The monk’s black clothes were covered in blood and he had a khopesh in his hands that had even more blood on it. This monk was covered in tattoos that were shaped like Infernal runes, and they sometimes glowed with a red light.

 

“A long time ago I met a young child who lost her mother and was brought to my church for a funeral procession.” The Priest started. “I presided over it and got to see the grieving father and the older sister trying to hold the family together. I implanted a demon inside of the young girl before the ‘Great Rebirth’ began and it was supposed to bless the family.”

 

The monk looked pleased when he heard this story from the revered leader of their faith, he got down on his knees in front of him with excitement getting ready for a wonderful story.

 

“The demon would instill lust into the father and hatred into the older sister. I wanted the little girl to be embraced passionately by her father who would later be killed by the suspicious and hateful older sister that I had created.” The priest said and sighed. “This would create three lovely souls. one of the pure daughters who was forced to watch everything from the stomach of the demon, as her father raped her body and her sister killed him for it. The father would be tormented and deranged, like an aged wine, and the oldest daughter would kill herself when the youngest daughter suddenly died after her father was killed.”

The priest frowned slightly as he finished this story.

 

“This demon suddenly disappeared, and my contract with it was severed. I even got the fragment of my soul I used as a downpayment in the contract returned from it.” The priest said with confusion. “I didn’t know they could sever a contract but this is the second time.”

 

“The second? What was the first?” The monk asked from the floor.

 

“I told you the first one, the second one was a trap I set shortly after the great rebirth started. It was in the church where the statue of the goddess appeared.” The father said.

 

“The one taken from ‘Gran Fortaleza, Belico’?” The monk asked.

 

“The same.” The priest said. “It depicted a winged woman holding a sword and driving it into a monster’s skull, it also had a print written in an unknown language. A similar structure appeared in Spain shortly before the great rebirth, that is where the name came from, I hate that name.”

 

“Forgive me, Father, I meant no disrespect!” The priest said quickly, but the priest waved him off angrily.

 

“I don’t care that I have lost two contracts.” The priest said this as he rolled the pages in the large book. “I have hundreds and hundreds of them, all so that I can taste the delicious souls created from such tragedies. Sorrow, greed, lust, betrayal, there are so many delicious feelings that can be used to flavor the soul. It is only through understanding the demons that we can become one of them, this is the message I received from the ‘Infernal Monarch’.”

 

“Why do you think those contracts were broken?” The monk asked in shock.

 

“I will need to report this to the lord, he will need to inspect the contracts and see on his side why the contracts disappeared.” The priest said with confusion. “For now I will need to replace these lost contracts.”

 

The priest closed the book and used a thick chain that was attached to it to hang it on his skinny neck. He was inside of a small camper trailer that was lit with small candles, and everything but the bench had been removed from the trailer. He stood up and the monk sprang to his feet and made his way out of the small camper trailer.

 

Many small camper trailers were strung together to form a centipede of little rounded metal shells that were pulled by a large tractor. The wheels were all filled with rubber to avoid any maintenance when they were dragged down the highways. Everything was armored on this vehicle train, and several of them could be seen at rest along the road forming a ring for protection. 

 

Many men and women could be seen wearing distorted versions of religious clothing, all carrying vicious bladed weapons. The priest himself reached over towards the entrance of his trailer and grabbed a long staff with a scythe blade that pointed into the air like a spear, it also had a vicious hook coming out of the side. Infernal runes ran along the blade and shaft and a chain was attached to the end of it in a small roll.

 

He started humming a church tune as he began walking towards a cage filled with people, they were sacrifices for summoning demons. The priest smiled savagely as several men and women wearing the ragged remains of their clothes were dragged out of a semi-truck that was used for hauling animals. They were taken to another trailer that used to be used for moving furniture that was converted into a mobile ritual room.

 

“Father Glaskoss, we will prepare them immediately,’' the monk who was following said reverently. “How many do you need?”

 

“How many sheep do we have left?” He asked.

 

“After our last few sermons, we used a couple, so we only have twenty-three of the sheep left.” He said.

 

“That’s unfortunate,” the priest said as he spat the burning butt of the cigarette out of his mouth.

 

The old priest coughed a few times and a fine black powder came out of his mouth that he spat on the ground. He reached into his pocket for another cigarette and lit it up casually using a flame that came from his burnt thumb. Occasionally behind the blag rags under the priest's hat, various colors could be seen flashing in blue, purple, and red.

 

“Let’s leave two or three of them, we need to find where that statue was taken from. That esper bitch from death row is working for the military, Mary I think her name was?” The priest began suddenly laughing as he finished this statement. “Some slut that got tricked into thinking her husband was going to get mugged and she would get a large payout from her lover at the time. Instead, her husband was killed since he worked for a big defense contractor, and the next generation of military weapons was leaked.”

 

“What an idiot.” The monk said. “Then she got caught?”

 

“Worse, it became public when she confided it to a friend. The information then got to one of the workers at the diner who discovered the corpse of the man in the vehicle.” The priest said confidently. “The diner worker took this as her chance to write a book about the poor man named ‘Reginald Otem,’ it turns out he was quite a brilliant man before his death. They found lots of blueprints for different machinery and all kinds of improvements he had discovered over his lifetime. They named an award for him after he died, it was considered quite tragic”

 

When he thought of the tragedy that the woman had caused, drool began to leak from his lips that he had to fight to restrain. She had committed so many actions that would flavor her soul to perfection.

 

“Why is this important?” The monk asked.

 

“Betrayal is the worst thing you can do to another being, it leaves a stain on the soul that is rather delicious.” The priest said this with some drool leaking from his mouth which he sucked in while dragging on his cigarette. “I think she will be very tasty.”

 

“Why is she helping the military?” The monk asked.

 

“The man who was her former lover all those years ago happened to be in the United States when the apocalypse happened. The CIA intercepted a picture that the man had taken of the plinth where the goddess statue was removed; it also had a plaque made in that strange language.” The priest told the monk. “These massive structures are bigger on the inside than they are on the outside, it is a miracle. They also seem to play a Siren’s song on monsters and draw any of them that are mid-tier or above into the structures.”

 

“So she wants revenge?” The monk asked.

 

“She is like an evil banshee, all her years in prison have filled her with regret and bitterness. A real sinner in her own mind!” The priest exclaimed happily. “That is why they used her to draw the monsters towards that little city, it was so they could follow them and figure out where the dungeon was. That is what the military is calling it anyway, along with that damn General Wong who is leading the men who were left from the Springs.” (AN: The springs = slang for Colorado Springs.)

 

“Didn’t you say that the dungeon was an issue since you couldn’t summon mid-tier demons without them also getting caught in its attraction?” The monk asked.

 

“That’s right, why do you think we are following the military as they make their way to the dungeon? We will use Gran Fortaleza, Belico to summon our lord, I have been told that the monster that constructed it left a pool in the bottom that collects life force from all of the creatures that die and scrubs it clean. If the entire pool has sacrificed a portal can be opened that will allow a supreme one to appear!” 

 

“You also plan to get the woman's soul while you are at it?” The monk said in wonder.

 

“Yes! She has marinated nicely, while my demons constantly return and feed me portions of their kills to replenish my splintered soul, bodies like hers are the ones that make the best tools! The Imp I used to guard the statue was the third layer with a bell I made using the blood of a man from one of the churches I worked at who misled couples into killing each other!” The priest laughed for a moment before he continued. “His soul gave the Infernal runes the power to inflict illusions on the people who heard it in the hands of a demon with the proper aptitude. It was quite the fierce little combatant.”

 

“Is that gone too?” The monk asked.

 

“I don’t don’t, the military has been moving slowly since we left that little church a few months ago, they even made sure to leave some gasoline in case civilians were still alive.” The priest spits at the end of this, sending the burnt cigarette onto the ground. “The dungeon in Spain had an entire armory inside of it with suits of armor and weapons, they also found all kinds of abilities and spells they published before their signal was cut off suddenly.”

 

“Do you think this one is the same?” The monk asked excitedly.

 

“I don’t know, but the statue confirms it was the same maker.” The priest said. “The Infernal Monarch confirmed this as well, it said that his craftsmanship was very distinct.”

 

“So we will follow behind the military and take everything?” The monk asked.

 

“That is correct! General Wong was expelled by that vampire Marco who sprung up in Denver! He is right outside of the range of the dungeon's influence or he would be pulled into it since he is over the mid-tier at the least.” Father Glaskoss said. “The military is a problem for us because of all of their weapons,  if they go into the dungeon with them they will lose them and we can use this to get an advantage. We just need to watch out for that bitch’s ability and we can beat them easily.”

 

“I see, everything makes sense to me now!” The monk said.

 

“The dungeon will be our launching pad to build up a large army of demons after we destroy the controller that is in charge of misleading monsters and creatures of a certain mana density and drawing them inside of it.” The priest said. “We just need to wait for the military to show us the way! Then we can make our way through the dungeon while harvesting souls, once we are finished we will take Denver from the vampire and use the humans for a massive ritual, this will allow us to summon the Infernal Monarch, or at least one of his main generals if the population isn’t too far reduced.”

 

“Thank you, Father, for your teachings!” The monk said.

 

Father Glaskoss nodded as the two entered the trailer and several monks could be seen strapping the struggling survivors to tables that had infernal runes carved into them. Tubs were set below them to capture the spilled blood, and an oppressive aura filled the dark trailer that stunk of metal. Before the priests could welcome the head of their religion, the monk that was leading him suddenly had the front of his shirt bulge as blood erupted from his chest and mouth.

 

This bloody bulge was created by the metal blade going through his chest and pressing against the shirt. The priest with a bad smoking habit holding the curved blade was the one holding the responsible weapon. A scowl was on his face as he ripped the weapon out of the dying monk’s body.

 

“You entered my trailer without my permission, then had the gall to wonder why I was offended? For a recruit, you are truly an idiot!” The priest spat at the dying monk. “I don’t need anyone’s help, and I don’t need someone who does not treat me with respect!”

 

The priest with long gray hair looked around at the monks in the trailer and smiled, revealing his stained teeth. 

 

“The Infernal Monarch is above me, and I am above all of you, that is how this works, it is simple! That means that anyone who is above your position should be treated with the proper worship and respect!” The priest said this to the monks who had serious expressions. “Now, let’s get to the sacrifices, I need to replenish my soul to make more contracts!”

1.) Dybbuk Box

A wine cabinet claimed to be haunted by a dybbuk, a concept from Jewish mythology. The box gained notoriety when it was auctioned on eBay by owner Kevin Mannis, who created a story featuring Jewish Holocaust survivors and paranormal claims as part of his eBay item description. Mannis' story was the inspiration for the 2012 horror film The Possession.

Spoiler

[collapse]

 

Cassock

The cassock or soutane is a Christian clerical clothing coat used by the clergy of the Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church, in addition to certain Protestant denominations such as Anglicans and Lutherans. "Ankle-length garment" is the literal meaning of the corresponding Latin term, vestis talaris. It is related to the habit, which is traditionally worn by nuns, monks, and friars.

Spoiler

[collapse]

16