Ch. 15 – Exploring with Alice (Part 2)
1.8k 9 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The book Alice is reading tells the dramatized history of the Empire. The Empire is the unified country of the continent of Iucrin. It tells a story that sounds like it came out from a light novel… Basically an amazing hero appeared out of nowhere and unified all the kingdoms, and so the story goes on and on about his heroic acts… It is honestly too boring, but at least I know the story of the place now.

            According to what Alice said, we are in the North Kingdom, the place where the capital of knowledge is and the richest of all the 5 kingdoms. This bit of knowledge is going to be useful, contrary to the story of how the great hero got his fifth girlfriend… Is he a harem protagonist or something?

            “Is Miss Oriel already bored? We can continue the tour if you want to”

            “Want to eat~”

            “Miss Oriel is already hungry I see”

            She smiles at me and calls out to a maid that appeared from outside the door. Was she waiting for this?

            “Young miss wants to eat, tell the cooks to prepare the food and call Miss Katherine”

            I am really getting spoiled by these people; I wonder what effect it will have on my upbringing…

            We leave the library and head out to the dining room I am already familiar with. When we reach there Alice puts me on a chair.

            “The food will be served shortly, and Miss Katherine will be here any second. If you need something just call me”

            She bows and stands some meters away from me near the wall. She has a perfect posture and expression, one that shows her hard work as a maid. Sometimes I just want to pet her head and say it is okay for her to relax… But I am still just a baby there is not a whole lot I can do.

            Mom arrives a few minutes later and she looks irritated, and her usual perfect hair is disheveled and messy. Dad must have left a lot of work. Not that I can help her anyway…

            “Ori is already hungry so early, what have you been doing without mom?”

            “Ori went to lib~rary”

            “Ori likes books doesn’t she, and she is so smart too”

            She says while petting my head. Mom is always so nice to me… after our little interaction she looks at me with a smile on her face. Interrupting our moment together is a big bro that storms in the room followed by an elegant lady with long light brown hair, wearing a long dress and carrying a book, her face has simple features that exhale the air of an intellectual, she has green eyes and a pair of glasses supported by her small nose.

            “Mister Theodore, you aren’t going to learn anything by acting so childish, learning is trial and error, you shouldn’t give up just because you can’t answer the question right the first time.”

            She says with a tone that indicates her annoyance.

            “I don’t need to learn anything; I will become a knight and I won’t need all this stuff”

            Her face looks like she is ready to explode on him. It was at this moment that they noticed our presence. Mom fuming with anger gets up from her seat and escorts big bro outside. The lovely lady looks at me with a newfound curiosity.

            Is she big bro’s private tutor?

            She clears her throat and prepares to say something.

82