Ch.7 – My first birthday (Part 1)
2.6k 10 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days passed by fast, as I had started to understand a lot more of what was being said, now that I understand it, they weren’t talking about important stuff at all, but at least the stories mom reads for me are nice, they are all stories about valiant kings, heroic knights and beautiful queens and princesses. 

By listening to their conversations, I got the idea that only one person would be invited to my birthday party. Aren’t you people nobles or something?

Well, all I can do right now is wait, my birthday should be soon…Oh look! the maid is giving me a stuffed toy, I better pick it, so she doesn’t feel ignored.

 

One morning that looked like all the others, mom came in earlier than expected, dad was no were to be seen though.

“Looks like someone is already awake, you must be pretty excited~”

Excited for what? I can’t get enough of mom’s angelic voice when she talks to me. She is just too cute.

  She picked me up and took me to another room. So, we are finally leaving that place. I want to visit the flower garden I sometimes get a glimpse of by looking at the window.

Instead of the great outdoors, mom took me to a room next to my bedroom. When we entered, I quickly realized what it was, it was a dressing room with plenty of baby clothes and accessories, and a big mirror. 

I want to see what I look like, there are no mirrors in my bedroom.

“Why is she getting ready at such an odd time, Miss Katherine?”

The maid quickly hurried behind us closing the door on her way in.

“Her aunt sent a message, and she is going to be here before noon”

I am excited to see new people. The maid started to work without any more questions, she helped my mom pick out different clothes to see the one in which I would look the best. They ended up picking a light pink dress like clothes, and after they were done changing me, mom picked me up and got in front of the mirror.

Looking at the reflection I finally saw what I look like. My hair is a golden yellow and my eyes are a deep blue, just like mom, but I can already notice some of dad’s features, especially the gentler look on my eyes. What reaction would a baby have after seeing themselves for the first time?

I let out a relaxed smile, I think I am going to be as beautiful as mom one day. Mom also smiles and gives me a kiss on the cheek. Now that I am ready, who is my aunt… I am going to know soon enough.

When my mom turns away from the mirror, I catch a glimpse of the maid smiling. I seriously need to learn her name…

After leaving, leaving mom takes me downstairs where the entrance of the house is. It is a big room with a high ceiling and double doors that are too big to be opened by a single person, the decoration is concentrate on the walls, with a big symbol drawn on the wall opposite to the doors, it looks like a coat of arms, and has a huge wolf holding a sword on its mouth. My aunt is nowhere to be seen.

As the time pass, I can see a lot of the people that work around the house start to pour in on the room, but because they are all mostly maids, butlers, cooks, and the like, they all stand near the walls, but most of them have their eyes set on me. 

Am I that cute?

Dad seems to be ready also as he is wearing a different suit, one more formal than the ones he usually uses.

Even my brother is wearing formal attire. But he looks sleepy, how can a boy get this lazy?  Even though I am fully awake.

I noticed the tension around the room as a butler approached my father.

“Her majesty has arrived.”

Wait what!?? The queen is coming to visit me!?? And she is my aunt!??

My distress must have been apparent as mom started to hug me tighter.

“What is wrong Ori~ we just need to welcome your aunt okay~~ than you can go to sleep if you want”

She gives me a kiss on my forehead as I am beginning to calm down. She looks pleased as the doors start to open.

“Welcome your majesty”

Says dad as everyone in the room gives a respectful bow. The woman that enters is followed by a company of rough looking warriors, she is wearing a long dress that shows her well-developed body, and a lot of shiny accessories made from gold, she has an extremely elegant look on her face as she approaches us.

“No need for such formalities Hammond, I just came to visit my niece on her birthday”

So, the only person invited for my birthday is the queen!?

I still don’t believe the queen is my aunt.

“See Elizabeth, she is very good girl~”

Says mom looking boastful, as she hands me over to the queen.

This day is going to be a long one…

Announcement
These past few days I have been having a lot of fun writing, couple that with the fact that I was able to write a bunch of chapters in advance I ended up releasing 2 a day, but as things start to stabilize I am going to try and write longer chapters (by the way, what do you think about this chapter's length?), so don't expect more than one every otherday moving foward. I am going to start priritizing quality over quantity. But my plan is to keep consistent while I can. Hopefully you are still interested in reading my story, any feedback you can give me is appreciated. Anyways thank you for reading my story.

 

 

101