Ch. 18 – A painful party (Part 1)
1.8k 6 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It seems the day finally arrived, there were people running around the house to finish all the final preparations in time. And I was… well I was still alive. The pain hadn’t gone away yet. Mom was discussing with dad if I would appear at the party or not. The discussion was getting heated while Alice was looking anxiously from her spot by the door.

            I was suffering in the middle of the crossfire without having any say on the conversation…

            “But she is still sick…”

            “Dear, you know how many people are coming here just to see the new child of the royal family…”

            This conversation has been going in loops for what feels like an hour…

            “I don’t care about the guests all I care about is Ori’s health”

            Mom is getting close to crying. I need to do something quick. But before I make my move dad drops a bombshell.

            “Elizabeth is even bringing Nathalie…”

            “Why would she bring the princess with her???”

            That last part got me interested. I will get to meet my lovely cousin that is the princess of the North Kingdom and meet Elizabeth again. This is a golden opportunity I can’t miss because of some stupid illness.

            As I pump myself up in my head I try to show my resolve by putting my small hands in the air, but I quickly remember how my body is aching… Maybe a little less energetic? I let out a small grunt as mom regains her composure and continues to argue with dad. In the end they settled on the agreement that I would appear for a little bit. For Elizabeth at least.

            The time went on as the preparations were coming to an end. Mom came and went a lot of times, the doctor appeared a few times too, but the star of the show, that is big bro, had yet to appear. He must be busy with the preparations… Just as I was thinking about its big bro enters the room while discussing with mom in his usual loud voice.

            “But you promised you would let me hold her on my birthday…”

            “You know the circumstances, so stop being a spoiled brat, you are seven already, next year you will join the academy, and once you are there you won’t get what you want”

            Mom was having none of his tantrums. They came near me and big bro got close to my cradle and put his hands on its side. He looked down upon me.

            “Ori, you are already fine right? We can have a lot of fun together; I will show you all my friends and we can receive all the guests together. You won’t have any problem with me picking you up, right? Right Ori??”

            All the energy emanating from him is seriously souring my mood… I let out a displeased cry as mom quickly picked me up.

            “Elizabeth is getting here pretty soon. Can you do mom a little favor and bear with the pain for a second?”

            “ye~”

            “This isn't fair, why can mom pick Ori up, but I can’t?”

            “I already told you why a thousand times, now get ready to welcome the guests”

            She puts me on even more clothing and takes me to a big building that is outside the main building. After walking a little bit until we got there, we entered the place where the party was taking place.

            There are a lot of people in there already and the small talks stop for a second as everyone is looking at me, after a little bit the small talk continues, but I noticed that most of them are talking about me.

            “She is as cute as Elizabeth said…”

            “She looks a lot like Lady Katherine…”

            Those were some of the comments I managed to pick up. Mom puts her head close to me and whispers.

            “If you don’t want to be here just tell me, okay?”

            I give her a small nod as we make our way to the biggest table where dad was sitting and talking to a chubby man that looked a lot like a rich merchant with the exaggerated amount of jewelry he was wearing on his neck, something that the nobles aren’t very fond of. Even mom was wearing a small gold necklace with a small ruby attached to it.

            They were talking, or better the man was talking about arranging a marriage or something… Is big bro old enough to receive a marriage proposal? How about me? Will I have an arranged marriage with the son of a noble or something? My body is of a small girl, but I still have my love for girls, especially the cute ones.

            It seems my worries are unfounded for now, because the moment the man said that his son was already on the right age for an arrangement mom started to let off a murderous stare that made the man run off to talk to someone else. After receiving some guests for a little bit, I was already getting tired and wanted to go back to my cradle. Maybe I can see Elizabeth another time…

            Just as I was thinking that the door suddenly opens, and a servant clears his throat and announces.

            “Please welcome her majesty Elizabeth and the young princess Nathalie”

            A second after this announcement Elizabeth enters the room wearing a long dress while letting her black long and silky hair loose. She looks as good as ever. On her side there is a small girl that shares the same black hair as her. She is wearing a frivolous dress that fits her age. That must be Nathalie.

            Elizabeth graciously walks in our direction, while receiving bows and greetings, to which she answers with her business smile, the small girl follows her some steps behind and she looks ready to throw a tantrum. I did hear that the princess was a difficult child…

91