Thank You, Updates and Business Decisions. (Not a chapter.)
1.9k 9 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This is something that I posted on my Patreon, but I thought I should post here too.

First and foremost, I’d like to thank you all for the support. Although on paper it might not seem like much for other people, it is already changing my life for the better. So seriously, thank you so much.

During the two weeks that the Ko-fi sale was active, the total amount tipped was U$161, which blew my mind. That’s almost the monthly minimum wage here, which is a lot of money for me. Not only that, but the number of patrons doubled since the previous month.

All of that made me think about things moving forward.

Let’s start from the mental health side of things. Having a consistent schedule like I was trying to maintain, by releasing chapters on Mondays and Thursdays, isn’t all that useful when it comes to releasing novels. A lot of people have the tendency of hoarding chapters to binge, especially when a novel doesn’t have many chapters released like mine.

On top of that, having a schedule just puts more pressure on me, increasing my anxiety, so I decided to stop tying myself to one. The only thing that I’ll abide by, is the minimum number of releases per week. The 2 regular ones, +1 from the Ko-fi tips, of which we have 7 on the queue at the moment.

This will help me with not feeling as tense while writing, hopefully improving the quality of the writing, but most likely improving my mental health at the very least.

Now, for the second part, the business side of things. As I said before, and it’s quite obvious by the Patreon goals, I’m doing my best to make a living with my writing.

Another piece of information needed to understand my decision, is that from the U$161 from the Ko-fi tips, U$140 came from Patrons.

With those two things in mind, I have decided that those 50% off periods on Ko-fi chapters, like those two weeks, they will be a thing for the general public. Every Patron on the U$5 tier and above, will always enjoy a 50% off on those.

Meaning, that if between three Patrons for example, a total of U$20 is tipped, another chapter will be added to the queue. In a sense, the tips from Patrons of that tier and above, will have double value when there isn’t a sale going on.

I thought about this a lot, and saw no downside either for me or the Patrons. I’m not doing this expecting to be showered with tips, or even get any at all. It’s just another form of revenue that would also benefit the Patron, and it’s something completely optional that you don’t need to worry about if it’s not to your interest.

The ‘maybe I’ll look like I’m greedy’ thought crossed my mind for a split second, but it was immediately dismissed. If by now you haven’t noticed that I’m desperate when I literally have told you that I am, I don’t know what to tell you. 😅

I’ll extend an olive branch just in case, and make ruthless business people cringe by saying this. Even if I get no tips, it doesn’t mean that I won’t release extra chapters if I’m able to do so. I say this, because the more chapters I release in a week, the more traction the novel gets. The money is just to keep me alive so I can write them.

Obviously, I welcome your feedback regarding this.

Also, I’ll always be thinking about to increase the value of the tiers, since it’s beneficial to both of us. I know that the U$1 tier might as well be a meme by now, but I hope to do something with it in the future. I’m just not in the mind space to write non canon stuff right now, and I don’t wanna put anything that is canon behind a paywall.

Again, thank you so much for everything, and I don’t mean just the money. The interactions, feedback, validation, and even just reading my novel. 👍

I wish you all nothing but happiness. 😁

28