BK 1: Chapter 19 Iron Age
1.6k 2 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I watched as Jor recruited his first general, and built his forces as years became decades and decades became centuries.

 

Kingdom’s crumbled as new ones rose in their wake, the dwarves increased trade with the humans, as the human’s increased in numbers along with their wars.

 

Nation’s became empires, as the Trones Empire slowly encroached upon the rest of human territory now only a few small nations, and coastal city-states left just outside their reach.

 

The human coastal city-states beginning to send voyages further and further across the massive river they call a sea, not quite yet discovering the western continent.

 

They trade of marine products and resources from a few islands here or there.

 

The wildes national population slowly growing back to normal as they settle further and further west and south away from their regal neighbors.

 

A few settlements even making their way north getting closer and closer to human territory.

 

The regals having gotten the message, never cross back over into unconquered wilde territory, however, they do not leave the wildes lands they conquered nor do they free their wilde slaves.

 

The human’s finally working up the nerve to venture further into the southern jungles, with the regals and wildes grown closer to human territory, humans begin to comes across the wildes and regals more and more frequently.

First frightened by the legends of beastlike men and women being spotted dashing behind trees, they soon find them more than just legends.

 

More and more human expeditions get sent into the southern jungles, sometimes sending back wildes or young regals back home in cages for study, out of sheer curiosity.

 

Soon coming across the first wildes and regals settlements some human expeditions offer genuine friendly greetings, while others offer a guise of friendliness their own twisted desires underneath.

 

There are………. Varied reactions.

 

Overall though humanity temporally turns their eyes toward the south curiosity, greed, and rumors having gotten the better of them.

 

A few skirmishes break out with the wildes, but nothing more the wildes still not being able to afford all-out war.

 

The regals respond to all attacks in kind eliminating all hostiles, and sending troops into enemy territory.

 

Intense fighting breaks out but the human's reliance on magic due to their weaker bodies compared to races they’ve encountered so far, is what saves them.

 

Able to repel more magic attacks of the regal’s due to having higher magic resistance than the wildes, and strategic group spells, along with a few of their powerful magic users manage to defend their territory.

 

Not to mention humanity's sense of strategy.

 

They manage to fend off the regals before they can lay claim to their territory.

Slowly but surely trade routes are established lines are drawn and relations pick up on a more positive note, as equals.

 

The wildes due to their similarities to the regals are respected by humans as well, although the humans still don’t quite fully understand the reasons the regals and wildes don’t really get along.

 

That is until the humans see the slaves, wildes serving regals while bound in magic chains or collars like animals.

 

They frown and look down on it inwardly but don’t say anything, hiding their feelings about it until they go back home.

 

At home, their masks fall and they openly criticize the regal's view of slavery behind closed doors, denouncing slavery while among their fellow humans, but none the wiser in front of regals.

 

Nevertheless, time marches forward the dwarf trades iron with the humans who trade iron with everyone else on the eastern continent and everyone starts developing their own ways to smelt iron, albeit poorer than the dwarves.

 

The elves on the western continent even come up with iron smithing a few centuries prior to other races, besides the dwarves.

 

Thus as the dragon kin’s numbers grow among the races, primarily humans and elves, more and more dragonkin find themselves without nations or a purpose, most find refuge on the northern continent with their dragon parents and ancestors.

 

Slowly but surely they even form towns on the northern continent primarily outside the edge of dragon territory, more towns scattered throughout Origin.

A few even managing to make their way to southern continents were monsters have been left to thrive.

 

Entering the Iron Age I notice that the miasma near the edge of dwarven lands has grown larger mixing with the ambient mana/aether.

 

The purple Miasma a mix of my own diluted Mystic in the form of Mana and Orcrox’s red malicious angry energy, seems to be mutating even normal animals into malicious, insane, sometimes just plan angry monsters.

 

The miasma even strengthens existing monsters in the area turning them into more demented versions of what I originally created.

 

Noticing how it spreads further into human territory, dwarven territory and uninhabited territory in all directions, I decided I should finally do something about it.

 

In the long term, it may strengthen my creations resistance to Orcrox and the races through the battle against such forces, but if left unchecked it could corrupt my entire creation.

 

Staring at Origin I realize something.

 

Their awfully fragile aren’t they.

35