BK 2: Chapter 10 Arrival of the First Overlord
94 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Finished with work I went ahead and logged off. I packed my things in my briefcase and headed out the office. It was another warm summer day in Washington D.C. being originally from Texas I reveled in the newfound heat while it wrung the sweat from my coworkers. They hated warm weather and it was only 95 Fahrenheit today. Enjoying the beautiful day I made my way toward the bus stop when the world blurred for a moment around me and I found myself in vast open plains of shamrock green grass.

Baffled, I looked around me shocked and confused. I saw nothing but grassy plains for as far as the eye could see. I grabbed a blade of grass that came up too my waist and plucked it, the grass was real. All of the sudden it felt like cold water was poured on me from head to toe. The fear caused my adrenaline to release into my body. I became focused on one thing and one thing only. I needed to find water.

I looked up at the sky to see what time of day it was when I noticed a desert moon and icy moon in the sky. There was also a massive tropical planet surrounded by a river of fire resembling pictures of the sun from back home, floating in the center of the sky. Looking at the sky wildly for the sun, I noticed a small sun, the same size as the two moons, setting on the horizon.

Once again in shock I whispered, “What the fuck.”

I was most definitely isekai’ed.

After that I wandered for what felt like hours the sun set and I made camp for the night which according to my watch only last eight hours. Surprisingly when I woke up I was still alive and nothing had attacked me during the night. With an empty stomach and a dry mouth I set off in search of water again. Finally I came across a small babbling brook running between two low hills. With no way to make a fire with no trees nearby let alone a lighter, and nothing to boil water with I settle for simply drinking from the brook. Afterward I took my empty water bottle from my briefcase and filled it.

It was during this that I heard a rustling sound and turned too face it too late. A large green house cat the size of a lion, was latched onto my neck and I couldn’t breathe. I felt blood fill my throat, I attempted to beat the cat with my fists but the thing barely noticed. With a final effort I thrusted my hand into it’s large ear and attempted to reach the brain, a futile effort. I was released as the large cat recoiled but in the process it tore out my throat. By the time time I realized what had happened I was already staring at my body as it bled out. Unfazed the large cat began to dig in. Then I felt a pull upwards. I shot into the sky like gravity had been reversed and was drawn into the large river of fire curling around the massive tropical planet in the sky.

Fire surrounded me but I felt no pain no heat, just awe as I witnessed millions of gray orbs engulfed in auras of white fire fly into the fiery river. They slowly lost the white aura and flew towards the planet below or the moons above. We’ve passed the icy moon, a moon covered in forests with a thick cyan haze of fog surrounding it, another that looked far more temperate and without the haze, then when the moon with floating continents came into view, I was ejected. I suddenly felt gravity reverse itself again and I was pulled toward one the continents floating over an ocean. I flew past many floating islands and down toward a castle on the main floating continent below. The castle resided on a hill and was surrounded by a village or I guess what the denizens of this world might call a town. The town was surrounded by fields of grain and a small river ran through the fields branching into three forks at the base of the hill in the middle of town which the castle resided on. The castle residing between two forks of the river, the third fork cutting through a market in town and under a wall. As I was pulled faster and faster I saw myself pulled toward the belly of a pale woman with blood red hair sleeping next to a pale man of raven hair. Wait am I being reincarnated? Then I lost consciousness.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

When I awoke I could barely bring myself too think as I stared up at the ceiling from a crib. I had obviously been reborn for a while now but I couldn’t recall anything between now and when I entered the redhead’s belly. Even just thinking this hurt my head surprisingly, then I passed out.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

When I awoke I realized I could move my body on my own and even sit up. I then crawled around my crib. Surprised by my mobility, I realized I must be somewhere between 6 and 12 months old. This makes sense because in my previous life my earliest memory was from around 10 months old when I was already crawling around. I distinctly remember my mother asking me to pick which color my room should be painted and then her and my grandmother painting my room. I remember other things like my mom putting glow in the dark stars on the ceiling or myself shaking the bars on the crib. I even remember my mom putting my crib in the closet and going out to pick my first bed. The memories were far and few between but I later learned most people didn’t remember so far back into their childhood at all. Despite that 10 months old must be some milestone of the brain’s development which must be why I am finally aware enough to wake up. I then passed out again from thinking too much.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

When I awoke a matronly women with large breasts and that was most definitely a servant, not the redheaded woman, arrived then breastfed me. It was unpleasant, but at least she wasn’t my mother. I didn’t need that kind of memory. During the feeding I remembered historical trivia from my past life. In the medieval ages noblewomen didn’t breastfeed and instead had servants known as wet nurses who did it for them, because they believed it would ruin the shape of their breasts. It was also often said that children should be seen, not heard and should only speak when spoken too. My childhood seems it may be heavily tiresome. Good thing my soul is already an adult. I then passed out with the wet nurse still feeding me.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

When I woke up again I tried not think too much my baby brain clearly wasn’t capable of too much higher thinking yet. After I was fed I was let out into the nursery to crawl around and play with the supervision of the maidservants.

Wet nurse, “Claera, have you heard the Count decided to raise taxes by another ten percent.”

Claera, “Oh dear, Jaen that’s nearly sixty percent now. What will the poor farmers do now that they can only keep forty percent of the harvest.”

Jaen, “I don’t know Claera, but best worry about ourselves shouldn’t we.”

Claera, “I suppose, but what will poor Thom do, his family hasn’t produced much to begin with and now they can only keep forty percent. What about when winter comes!”

Jaen, “Oh Claera, I told you not to get involved with that boy.”

They then went on rambling about relationships and gossip while I tuned them out. Well that is interesting. I started thinking about all the things I might be able to do to up food production. Then I passed out again.

 

1