BK 1: Chapter 29 Marquess Jay of House Night
1.1k 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I kneel before a massive throne of stone, a mana crystal embedded in it at the top circled by English spell circles these people call divine runes.

Lines after line of nobles stood to my sides, great pillars of stone keeping up the very high ceiling up above us all.

On the throne a Latino looking king, with greying hair, emerald green eyes, and flakes of red hair in his beard.

Below me in the floor was some type of loyalty spell circle for nobles so they won’t betray the king.

The king covered in fine blue, gold and red linen robes with an Amulet of kingship around his neck, instead of a crown, he rose from his throne.

King Octavius Mendes the 11th speaks from his diaphragm with a hint of regalness, “Jay of House Night, for defeating the Monster King who encroached upon our lands...”

A servant hands him a ceremonial sheathed sword encrusted in gems and gold.

The king unsheathes the sword while saying, “I hereby bestow upon you, the title of Marquess. I grant you the lands between east of the capital and the border of the bloodlands. The same lands on which you slew the Monster King.”

King Octavius Mendes the 11th then lightly rests the flat of the sword’s blade on his shoulder then slowly on the other before once again speaking.

“Rise, Marquess Jay Night of the Blood Border!!”

I rise up as the spell circles activate and the magic disperses from me without any effect, clear to anyone with enough education or training to see.

“HUUUUHHHHHH!!!!!”

The crowd gasps.

I try to tell his highness, “Your Highness, I tried to tell the mages, but magic has no effect on me. However, they simply didn’t listen.”

King Octavius Mendes the 11th answers formally, “No need, I can see that you are an honest and trustworthy man you need not fret Marquess Jay of House Night.
Anyone who disagrees may take it up with the throne, for my word is the law!”

He spoke the last sentence to the crowd of nobles.

The nobles quieted down into silence.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Arriving at his new home the great fortress city Shieldgate, Jay walked through the door to see countless servants greeting him.

Setting down his bags filled with gifts from the king and nobles, he says, “Well time to get to work.”

Dusting his hands with each other he sets off into his new home.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Meanwhile, in the realm of the overseers, Razyl, Jesyl, Reyla and Acyl stand in the tower looking through the window down at Origin, watching the effect of Jay’s exploits.

Razyl, “Should we grant him power as well? The Great One has certainly taken an interest in him.”

Acyl, “Brother surely you jest it's barely been over one thousand years since we were grounded? Such actions would only bring down further punishment, possibly from the great one himself.”
Jesyl, “Acyl is right, Razyl, we must be patient. Only when we have patience can we expand our influence and our power.”

Razyl, “Bah, perhaps you are right. I just hate staying couped in this realm when I could be having fun with mortals.”

Reyla, “While interfering may not be the best way to avoid punishment, perhaps a gift would suffice.”

Razyl, “A gift?”

Reyla, “Yes a gift, and while we may not be able to ensure he pays a price for it… Certainly, gratitude, would be in order no?”

Acyl, “Reyla my sister, how shrewd. Heh heh heh.”

Razyl, “Indeed heh heh a gift.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The next I watched from the void with my swirling blue eyes as an ax, containing crude mystical mana enchantments of magic severing, sharpness, and hardness, signed with the names, Razyl, Jesyl, Reyla, and Acyl, falling from the overseer’s land crashing down to Jay’s backyard.

Well, I guess Rocyl is behaving.

28