The Loveknot Failures
117 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My mind burned with possibilities after learning that Mana could become something permanently. It went against the grain of what I thought was possible in this world. That made me realize that Queen Mira could make illusions which were just as real as the real thing. It was a power that I couldn't understand the depth of and what was holding her back.

Was this a power that all A rankers could do? Or only wizards of certain types? What about A-rankers like the Warriors? How could they ever fight with Wizards if they could create wonders like something from just the energy called Mana? Who would ever be able to stop them when you could probably create entire Cities? What stopped them from doing much more?

There were so many questions it brought up that I didn't know the answers to. I had to forcefully stop myself from considering as I sat in a brand-new office. Yuri was happier with her office as well now that she was officially in charge as an assistant to me. What my new title was being changed to as the leader of a new form of the military was up to debate, and so was her title until we started making some headway.

That title would become an honor or disgrace, depending on how well I did my duties. Today was an important occasion, and I had to firm my will. Today would be me interviewing the first failures my mother and father would be sending. I didn't know where my mother was, but I doubted that I would hear from her for a bit. She would be solidifying her foundation with her new abilities. It was something I probably should have done more with my Mana vortexes when I first became a B ranker. I am sure it is much more necessary for an A ranker than a B ranker.

A knock on the door suddenly woke me from my thoughts, and I turned to look at the door and answered with a quick and short "Come in!" before settling into my chair.

The door opened, and I could see Yuri sending in the first Silver haired bunny-kin. She was just a little taller than I was but with Double D breasts that looked a little out of place on her. I looked at her for a couple of moments as she stepped in and looked her up and down. I could feel her mana, which was on the edge of C rank. At almost any moment, this woman could break into the B ranks and just lack that certain enlightenment that comes without notice.

She looked older than me, and her expression was one of excitement to be here. "Hello, Sister Chelsea." She exclaimed, "I am the oldest daughter of our parents, Janice." Janice said.

"The oldest of my sisters," I said, my tone a little flat looking at her. Anthony was the oldest male child of my parents; I couldn't remember if he was the eldest. "So, just a little younger than Anthony?" I asked, and Janice frowned.

"That arrogant brother of ours is older than me." Janice almost snapped before she blushed and looked down. Her face paled as I watched her, and I realized that she was afraid of retaliation since she didn't know about my relationship with Anthony. I looked at her seriously, and I wondered about her personality.

"Look," I said, finally breaking my silence, "You are my sister, but when I was talking to Father," I began with a white lie since it was more implied that I needed to be harsh, "I was told that I have to be hard on all of you. Not because I want to be but because my father demands it as such. So I am going to tell you something that I will tell every sibling and cousin that will be entering my office, Janice. I am expecting your best!" I demanded, emphasizing with my fist hitting the desk to make her listen. "I will be making so much space for achievements for not just you and our siblings to lose the title of Failure. I will be doing it for all the Elder's families and some of our society's wealthiest members. You will have the privilege of commanding and leading talents in a logistical army that we are making. You will be leading others while finding and helping talents." I told her, looking at her, "What I need at the end of just a couple of months is a large unit of educated managers moving those ready to fight to bring supplies to our fighting members. You will have to fight and die in some circumstances in order to get those supplies to the front. Do you understand what I am talking about?" I paused only for a second before adding, "I am not a fan of Anthony myself, but I will not tolerate attacking others to try and bring yourself up."

Janice looked at me, shocked and stunned. I felt her mana in the meantime while I let her process that, and I felt it was fiery with passion. She should be a fire Wizard with that type of personality, and her eyes focused back on me as her mind started to reengage. She stood straighter and looked at me with a much better gaze and one filled with more respect. "Sister," She began, and I held up a hand.

"I am going to stop one thing here and now, and it will not just be with you but all my relatives. We will keep Sister's and brothers at home when not talking about the military. Until my title has been instated, I will be Commander. You will only address me as commander, and I will not go by any other title." My words were final, and Janice nodded.

"Commander," Janice said, tasting the words in her mouth, "I believe I understand what you are saying. When I went on my journey, I sought enlightenment and never achieved anything while seeking it. I encountered no issues and returned after a decade with nothing to show for it. I appreciate you bringing me out of the den of failures our family calls the House of Dishonor. I will strive to bring myself to exceed your expectations!" Janice announced, and I smiled.

"Good!" I said. "I will be coming up with a training course, and I expect all of you to go through it. But first, I plan to place you in a management position, and you can earn a rank from there. You may be demoted or promoted from that rank, and there are more than enough positions to fill." I leaned back in my chair, "I will have messages sent to all of you after meeting with each of you. For now, Janice," I said slowly, "Please tell Yuri, my assistant on the way out, that I would like to talk to the next person."

Janice nodded, and although I could see her looking a little sad, she turned and left the room, closing the door behind her. I was a little curter than I should have been, but I was building an organization out of nepotism at this point, and there were going to be a lot of bad actors, I bet. I needed to put the fear of me into each and every member of the failures before we began.

A moment later, I heard a knock on the door and called out for them to come in. A bunny-kin with Silver hair again came in with a very serious look. His body was toned, and the muscles bulged on his arms. His mana was also at the barrier of C rank, ready to become B rank, and it wanted to frown as it was two in a row that were bordering C rank into the upper echelons of society.

"Sister Chelsea, I am your older brother White Loveknot. I am reporting as our father told me to. Can I ask what this is about?" White said extremely professionally, and I gauged him for several moments.

His eyes were sharp, and I could see intelligence in them. This wasn't some muscle head without thoughts. I looked him over, and I couldn't help but ask, "What happened on your journey that made you a failure? You look like you are about to break through and become a B ranker like Janice and muscle-bound with a form of Mana manipulation I haven't seen yet personally."

My question seemed to shock him, and his smile turned wry. "I used to be a general wizard like so many of our kin. It was all I knew before leaving on a journey like many others. I was quickly captured by bandits just outside the Beast-kin nation, and they were going to sell me to the Empire. I was beaten half to death, and I was taken to the Dwarven kingdom, and the bandits all got killed trying to bring me back along with others they captured. Within months of leaving the Beast-kin nation on a journey, I was brought back in disgrace, injured, and almost broken." White said, and I couldn't blame him for his failure. I knew there was more to the story, but I didn't need more details.

There were many reasons why I thought the journey was bad for the nation. Sure, it weeded out the weakest, but many would be like this brother of mine. Unlucky and or pursuing the wrong path of strength for themselves. "Tell me more about what you have done while in the House of Dishonor," I asked for more information as I was curious even though I shouldn't have.

"I decided to stop being a Wizard as I was too weak. My conjuring of elements is weaker than those of the same rank who just broke through. After I healed, I used the robust library we have access to in the house of dishonor our family owns. They are copies of books from the Silvermoon Tower. I found a form of strength enhancement that is meant to build your body into a strong yet fast body. I am now working towards breaking through to the B rank with my spear." White finished, and I liked him.

White seemed solid, and I leaned back and nodded, "I told Janice, and I am telling you. Our father expects me to be hard on all of you, whether you got to the house of Dishonor through bad luck or being a coward. I care not." I held his solid gaze with my own. "I will be making a logistical army for the coming war. You will be a manager and look for talent among your subordinates. I am only one person, and I need you to find and train those under you to be able to do the job to the best of their ability and your own ability. I never want to see a talent hidden among your people, or the consequences will be fierce." I told him, "From now on, I am Commander, not your sibling, and your position will be told to you along with your responsibilities after my interviews. Depending on your performance, you may leave the House of Dishonor with achievements in this war. There will be plenty of achievements to go around, and you may be honored more than you ever thought. You may also be demoted or promoted based on performance. Do you understand what I am saying?" I asked finally.

"This is my chance to prove myself. You will tell me where I will be and my responsibilities when you have probably gone through our family and chosen their positions to the best of your ability with the short time you have to interact with us." White said, and I gained a new appreciation for him already. "Primarily, you are using us to find and educate the volunteers that will be training under us. Not only that, but you are allowing us to build a base in this Logistical army of yours. We find talents and bring them forward, and they will also be thankful to us and, in return, may one day return the favor if we need it. You are giving us the opportunity of our life since being detained in the house of dishonor."

I barely hid my shock at his analysis, even if it wasn't that hard to figure out. This man gave me a good impression, and I couldn't help the smile that showed on my face. This man may be the person that I put in a powerful position in boot camp. White understood what I was essentially looking for with this, and my eyes narrowed, wondering if he realized where this all would lead if I was successful.

"You have impressed me a little, White," I told him, "I may bring you in for another conversation later. For now, leave and tell Yuri, my assistant, to bring in the next person."

"Yes, Commander," White said, turning around and leaving, and I watched him go building hope for the following relative to be as good as him.

Moments after the door closed, I heard another knock and called for the next person to come in. I had a lot of work to do and watched the next silver-haired Bunny-kin come in. I had dozens of relatives to go through and not enough time to do a full conversation. I leaned back and started to get an impression of the next failure that our family had.

-----

Thank you all for the support. I do read all the comments, and thanks for the chapters. I really do appreciate your support on this platform and others; if you wish to support me further, you can do so on my Patreon or on Amazon by looking up my stories posted there.

Life of a Dominant Futanari Week 1 through 4 are on Amazon, and Week 5 will be available soon.

If you have Kindle Unlimited, you can read my Short Story: I Sissified My Step Bro

I have another short kinky story in the works, so be on the lookout for that announcement. Thank you all for reading my Stories; you have no idea how much it means to me.

6